Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Benihana's-type restaurant in BKK?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Benihana's-type restaurant in BKK?

Did a little searching, but didn't find anything conclusive. For those who aren't familiar, its a teppanyaki restaurant where the chef cooks the meal in front of you.

To clarify, I know there is a Benihana's in the BKK Marriott resort, but I'm wondering if there is another one similar restaurant.

Thanks!
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

why would you want that anyway when you can get real japanese cooking? not westernised style?
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Eh, its more for the experience (fairly unique, I don't know many places where they do something like that) and not for the actual food, although, I've never had a bad meal there. Personally, I like it haha, but what did you expect?
      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

The JW Marriot Hotel (opposite the old Guess Bar) has a Teppanyaki Restaurant called NAMI.

Here's a link to a review;

http://hungryhamster.blogspot.com/2007....ot.html

Cheers
        Koykaeng
        Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Benihana's
          Bangkok Marriott Resort

Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa,
          257 Charoen Nakorn Road,
          Thonburi, Bangkok
          Tel: (66-2) 476 0022

Cuisine:
          Japanese

Open:
          Lunch: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
          Dinner: 6PM - 10:30PM

Comment

Also one in Pattaya and good fun for a group of Guys and their LB dates
            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

DP, a few other options:

Grand Teppanyaki

Maru Teppanyaki

Haven't been to these places myself as my companion of choice does not eat beef.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I'll see if I can find some reviews, so thanks for the leads. My friend doesn't eat beef either, but usually these places have a lot of chicken and seafood dishes. I figure its something kind of unique and fun to do once.

And thanks for everyone else who responded too!

Comment

It seems to me that I remember seeing a Benihana's at Siam Square near the Outback Steak House. I know that there is a Benihana's at the mall in Pattaya that has the Ripley's Museum (my memory fails me as to te name of the mall).

Comment

Nami at the JW Marriott in Soi 2 is a total copy of a Benihana Restaurant without the royalty fees. Seriously its totally the same and I have eaten there many time. Its in the basement of the hotel and actually the food at this place is better and of a higher standard than bog standard Benihanas

Comment

(gart4571 @ Oct. 12 2008,22:14) It seems to me that I remember seeing a Benihana's at Siam Square near the Outback Steak House. I know that there is a Benihana's at the mall in Pattaya that has the Ripley's Museum (my memory fails me as to te name of the mall).
                      Maybe its closed down now cuz its not listed on the Benihana's website. Ah, that's too bad. Thanks for the tip though.

Comment

(mardhi @ Oct. 13 2008,02:46) Nami at the JW Marriott in Soi 2 is a total copy of a Benihana Restaurant without the royalty fees. Seriously its totally the same and I have eaten there many time. Its in the basement of the hotel and actually the food at this place is better and of a higher standard than bog standard Benihanas
                        Mardhi - thanks for the heads up. This is a lot closer to where I'll be staying so I might just check it out. May even bump into you there!

Comment

Working...
                        X