X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BKK bars or restaurants with LIVE music

I'm looking for recommendations for any BM's favorite spots for live music - either casual bar or restaurant setting (i.e. not a club). I'd actually enjoy recommendations for both English and Thai music. I know most of the bands are typically some variation of rock, which is fine because that's what I like to hear, but I'm open to others.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

The Absolute 7 bar in Sukhumwit Soi 7/1. It's about 100 yards (metres) up the Soi on the righthand side.

The band is very, very good and features 4 singers with different styles so they cover a range of modern and rock music.
    No traditional Thai music though.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

one of my old haunts,can get busy in there,not a bad little soi with a good few GG bars there, found some real little darlings in there,this is also the location for the infamous eden club for those wishing to errrrrr..... be more of a pervert then go and sit outside subway virtually opposite for a civilised cappuccino and reflect on just how perverted you managed to be,did you do better than last time? ..........if not go back in!
      robbo

Comment

also check out the bamboo,its ok and close to nana a good central easy reach spot
        check out the staff why the fuck cant we have staff like this in england......................there is no nightlife.......only bangkok nightlife!
        http://bamboopub.com
        robbo

Comment

Bangkok Gig Guide provides a comprehensive listing of live music venues in the capital and has served me well in the past.

The Most Comprehensive Guide To Live Music In Bangkok

I always enjoy an hour in the basement of the Landmark Hotel at the Huntsman Pub watching the filipino trio Sweet Inspiration doing some popular music covers.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses guys! Surprised not more people are into live music scene in BKK.

RR - is the place you mentioned more of a girly bar? I.e. if I take a regular non-P4P girl is it going to be awkward? The reason I ask is that in robbo's post he seems to indicate it is located by some girly bars, so just wanted to confirm.
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Absolut bar has been renamed as Bangkok Beat. I was there a while back with the Pixie and Taneisha Black. This is one of my fave bars in BKK. Officially, it closes at 2am but they just lock the doors and keep going until 4am. There are some freelancers there but it's not so obvious. It is off lower Sukh so there will be hookers walking around on Sukh as you make your way there.

As mentioned before, Eden Club is nearby but you will get to this bar first so no need to walk by Eden Club. Anyway, Eden is not so obvious - unless you already know about it.

Thing is, unless your girl has been living under a rock (assuming she lives in BKK) she will know what goes on in the lower Sukh area. But Absolut/Bangkok Beat is as close to a regular bar as you can get in the area
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

As Bigmick says it's just a regular bar with live music.

I've been in there with P4P girls and my Ex-girlfriend on numerous occassions and no one will take any notice of you - except the service staff who are mostly pretty good.

I don't doubt there are a few free-lancers working in the bar but it ain't a girly bar.

They have 2 pool tables on the second floor so you can play pool and listen to the vibes at the same time.
                They also serve bar snacks which are quite good and reasonably priced.

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

I'm a big fan of Taitanium - Suk, Soi 22. The band members are all Thai girls with a great repertoire - ask for what you like and they will pretty much try it. Ice Bar upstairs if you fancy splashig the cash but downstairs is cool (nice chilled House music between sets) and the GG staff are well dressed and hot (if you like that kinda thing...)

Comment

I'll be checking out Bangkok Beat soon as it's a fave of a fave LB of mine.

In the meantime, I always like to soak up the atmosphere at this one :My Kinda Place

You can see from the pics the band is hot and the place is jumping

Only a short stroll from Nana
                    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(robbo @ May 24 2009,09:33) also check out the bamboo,its ok and close to nana ....
                      http://bamboopub.com
                      I really like that place but the band playing there was terrible. However, according to de web side there is a new band.
                      Dutch.

Comment

Working...
                      X