X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Advisor Ranks Best Restaurants in Asia and Thailand

Trip Advisor released their new top restaurants in the world list.
    #1 is in Beijing, China but at #7 is a restaurant in Thailand
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/TravelersChoice-Restaurants#7
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d5960089-Reviews-David_s_Kitchen-Chiang_Mai.html

David's Kitchen in Chiang Mai

The have a best restaurants in Asia list where David's Kitchen is #2

Also from Thailand they list several other Thai restaurants on the Asian list.
    #8 Le Normandie in Bangkok.
    https://tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Re...e-Bangkok.html

#19 The District Grill Room and Bar
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d4092525-Reviews-The_District_Grill_Room_and_Bar-Bangkok.html

#23 Cafe des Amis Fine Dining in Pattaya
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran..._Province.html

Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Trip Advisor is ok, but I found that Google Maps restaurant reviews more useful. You can search by type, best review, price, cuisine, distance from your location, so extremely handy. It can also give directions on how to use public transit - bus, Skytrain or MRT to get there.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

All these apps are great to find hotels or ladyboys, but for restaurants, I prefer the oldest method : hang around in the streets and follow my instinct. Nothing is worth the good smell of cooking as well as watching inside the restaurant from outside. I guess that bus stations restaurants are not listed in these apps. A few of them are delicious though.

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
        Trip Advisor is ok, but I found that Google Maps restaurant reviews more useful. You can search by type, best review, price, cuisine, distance from your location, so extremely handy. It can also give directions on how to use public transit - bus, Skytrain or MRT to get there.
        I'm just sharing Trip Advisiors ranking list of restaurants.
        David's must be good based on the comments and ranking.
        I will always go out of my way for highly ranked or recommended restaurant
        In Chiang Mai it is not that big and most of the restaurants are around the same area.
        Often i will be walking around near my hotel or wherever and see one of these places that i have noticed online, so i always keep an eye out.
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by P&G View Post
          All these apps are great to find hotels or ladyboys, but for restaurants, I prefer the oldest method : hang around in the streets and follow my instinct. Nothing is worth the good smell of cooking as well as watching inside the restaurant from outside. I guess that bus stations restaurants are not listed in these apps. A few of them are delicious though.
          I'm no saying use the app, I am just pointing out a few restaurants they list that are ranked very highly.
          David's is ranked #7 in the entire world which is pretty good for a large website lie this so it must be pretty damn good.
          I've had great food all over at every type of place.
          Maybe it is fine dining which i like, maybe others don't.
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

This means this is somehow one of the best restaurants in the world.

Comment

This means this is somehow one of the best restaurants in the world.
              I like how the High End restaurants will do a Thai modifications to European classics.
              Or Thai versions of famous dishes from other countries, or even completely unique Thai recipes.
              Chiang Mai has lots of foods that are not as common in other parts of Thailand such as Thai sausages.

Last year I had Thai White Wine from isaan at the Anatara hotel restaurant in Bangkok.
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Was that wine really made in Issan. I remember having been interested in Wine from Phuket a few years ago. As I was trying to locate the wine field, I was informed that wine was imported from Australia, then they added raspberry or strawberry flavor, bottled the whole and stick a label explaining that was wine made in Phuket.

Comment

Sorry i lied it was made in Hua Hin.
                  Welcome to Monsoon Valley's website. Hua Hin Hills vineyard has recently changed the name to Monsoon Valley Vineyard, which is the home of Monsoon Valley wines, the most international awarded Thai wines. Here you can learn the story of Monsoon Valley, and its vineyard, products, as well as the latest promotions and activities.

It was surprisingly good.

I had the wine at Zoom Bar and Restaurant at the Anantara Sathorn in Bangkok.
                  https://www.anantara.com/en/sathorn-bangkok/restaurants/zoom-sky-bar-and-restaurant

Attached Files
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Rockheart
                    Rockheart commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ...and the price is right.

I've actually dined at Cafe des amis had a really good lamb shank there my ladyboy gf only ordered shrimp cocktail and a caesar salad it was over 4000 baht but not bad considering I shucked a dozen oysters and drank a bottle of red wine

Comment

I have never been around the area of Cafe des Amis very often so I haven't seen it.
                    On my second visit to Thailand I stayed at the Residence Garden Hotel nearby though.
                    We are just a short walk from the famous “Walking Street” and close to Pattaya and Jomtien first class restaurants, shopping and entertainment areas.

I love thai food and street food but sometimes you need good meal and wine more like home.
                    However it is great to find a really good steakhouse in Thailand because there is so many terrible ones.
                    I've been to a few steakhouses in Pattaya but nothing that really was great. This place looks pretty good and the prices are decent for what you get.
                    Plus they specialize in Gin which I love. Don't get me wrong, Sang Som and San Miquel are great but gin and tonic is a treat.
                    Many ladyboys have never even heard of gin and tonic. One GF was amazed by garlic toast with garlic butter and couldn't get enough.

I spent almost 20 years as a Bar Manager and bartender at high end establishments so I love a good bar.
                    I'm somewhat of an expert in beer, wines and spirits. I probably have the tastes of someone much richer than me.

Almost all ladyboys hate beef or have never eaten it and always order something else.
                    I come from a long line of cowboys and ranchers so cows and beef are ubiquitous to me.
                    The only ladyboy I've found that liked cows or beef was from La Bamba bar.
                    She was working to make enough money to retire and raise beef cattle.

This Cafe des Amis has a dress code. Ladyboys love to dress up and I always bring or buy some dress clothes so no problem.
                    I may just have to try it.

Attached Files
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by outlander5 View Post
                      I've actually dined at Cafe des amis had a really good lamb shank there my ladyboy gf only ordered shrimp cocktail and a caesar salad it was over 4000 baht but not bad considering I shucked a dozen oysters and drank a bottle of red wine
                      Where is this Café des amis ?

Comment

Where is this Café des amis ?

We are located less than 1km from Walking St, direction of Jomtien 200yds before Sugar Hut
                        End of Soi 11, Thap Phraya road.

391/6, Moo 10, End of Soi 11,
                        Thap praya, Pattaya, Thailand 20260

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Cafe des Amis is probably your best bet for a good steak in the area and has great wine selection, i was there in early september and it was really quiet everywhere so the dress code was a little more lax only one other table had customers they were from Hong Kong, I had a little chat with one of the gentlemen about what was going on back home. I normally don't do the fine dinning thing in Thailand but I was craving red meat and red wine don't think the gf would do it again though. I stay in Jomtien when I'm there so I know a few of the better dinning options in the area now!

Comment

Yes sometimes a guy needs a really good steak.
                            When i stayed at the Residence Garden Inn near there their restaurant was so good I barely left the hotel.
                            They had an all you could eat steak buffet with filets, t-bones, sirloins, new yorks etc.
                            All the different seafood and it was only 800 baht. I don't think they have any of this anymore appear to have this anymore.
                            It was one of the best deals in town. Plus they had SE Asias number one Elvis impersonator.
                            He also played over in Jomtien. This was 2007.
                            Stayed here on my second visit to Thailand. This hotel was nice but out of the way of the action. It was on busy Thrappaya Road on the way to Jomtien. You get a fully equipped suite with kitchenette and lots of room. It was a little noisy due to it's open construction and being beside a super busy road. There was several

<iframe width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed/v1...tEOz4u7y5wSW2I" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attached Files
                            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                            X