Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best steak house I have been to in Thailand was the El Gaucho Argentinian steakhouse in Bangkok right beside Terminal 21.
    I had the best and largest filet mignon I have ever seen. Everything was fantastic.

We had cigars and wine until they kicked us out.
    Then they let us buy 2 bottles of wine to go because 7-11 wouldn't sell us booze that time of night.
    I guess now we know there is always a place to get some booze in Bangkok. Just so used to the cheap booze at the corner store.
    They have several locations but we went to the one on Soi 19. Amazing place and everyone is south american almost.

image_80168.jpg

The absolute worst steakhouse I have been to in my life is:
    The U.S. Steakhouse - Sukhumwit 16, Bangkok

Never go here, the meat is awful. I think the appetizer may have been ok but that is not what i came for.
    We walked by it every day near out hotel so I had to try it, we had to go eat somewhere else after, i was still hungry.

The menu looks great and the steaks are supposed to be so great according to the menu, I was excited to get a nice steak.
    I got a fatty piece of gristle, it had only a few bites of ok meat so i had to fill up on fries.
    The owner came over to ask how the steak was. I told him it was good, but i lied.
    Then our eyes met and I told him how I was a cowboy cattle rancher from Canada with a background in fine dining.
    He looked a little pale and didn't say anything, I think he is probably cheating people on purpose.
    Most Thais and many tourists probably don't know the difference and Thais almost never eat beef so maybe he doesn't sell that much.
    Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by outlander5 View Post
      Cafe des Amis is probably your best bet for a good steak in the area and has great wine selection, i was there in early september and it was really quiet everywhere so the dress code was a little more lax only one other table had customers they were from Hong Kong, I had a little chat with one of the gentlemen about what was going on back home. I normally don't do the fine dinning thing in Thailand but I was craving red meat and red wine don't think the gf would do it again though. I stay in Jomtien when I'm there so I know a few of the better dinning options in the area now!
      Regretfully, I have seen my doc today. I've always liked eating steak, but I probably reached my quota for life already. I am afraid the next stage of my diet will consist in becoming vegetarian or vegan to stay in good health.

Comment

I gotta have steak at least once a week. I eat plenty of veggies but nothing is as good as a perfect steak.

Plus who says steak ain't healthy.
        In my family we eat beef until we die.
        Although my cousin is one of the biggest ranchers in Canada.
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Next month, I will make an exception to add some crocodile meat to my menu.

Comment

Then you can go to that restaurant beside the Pattaya Night Bazaar, they have great crocodile.

Nothing like the good old days. When i was a manager at a private country club I could get a new york strip loin steak cooked perfectly any time i wanted. Eventually by the time i quit i was 250 pounds. Now I am 190.
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Not this year, sorry. But I know several places in VN with good crocodile meat.

Comment

Working...
              X