X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother Hen ladyboys in Thailand

Almost every group of ladyboys (sorry forgot the agreed collective noun) in Singapore and Malaysia has a "Mak Ayam", mother hen, a senior ladyboy that is "in charge" of the group.
    She's normally been around for a while, usually amongst the better lookers and her job ranges from recruitment to looking after the welfare of younger ladyboys.
    Her rewards are respect and sometimes a commission of the younger ladyboys takings.
    I have not heard of such a thing in Thailand except for the mamasans which would be appear to be the closest thing.
    Do "mother hens" exist in Thailand I wonder?
    http://asianladyboy.blogspot.com

Hello Razrman,

Good question - yes they do exist and yes they get a certain amount of respect.

I can't say they are common - although others may know better than me.
    Also I don't believe they would normally get any of a younger girl's takings though I would not rule it out as Thai society works.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

Yes, I have actually met one such lb from KC. Her protégés call her "mother" and she will protect them from other lbs who may be aggressive because of jealousy, or perhaps high on yabba.

One of her protégés told me that she was encouraged to give gifts to her mother to maintain her status in the group, maintain her protection in the bar, etc.

I am not sure how prevalent this is, and of course many lbs have an older "sister" or mentor who dispenses advice.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I know a ladyboy who has about as must respect in Bangkok as i have ever seen , but still ( well ever since the wide spread use of crystal meth in Thailand ) there are other ladyboy's who try and take advantage of her if they can , so i think the mother hen type is around but far less repected than you think

Comment

The one senior Ladyboy/Mamasan that I know had the respect and love from most of LB's working in Nana a few years back was "Mamasan Tac." Whenever any of them wanted to get set up in Singapore she was the one to help out. If an LB wanted to head for Germany,Switzerland or Amsterdam to work the P4P scene "Tac" was the one to get help from. She was strict but fair to all the LB'S in her Bars and no one dared cross her. I know that in my case I saw the big advantage to giving her gifts and barfining her so that I could take her to dinner or a nightclub with my GF. In return "Tac" looked out for her in the bar and made sure that any other LB who was giving her some shit was quickly put in her place. Before I got into a relationship whever I would come to Cascade Bar I always sat with "Tac" and the ladys knew not to come around like a bunch of sharks. Sometimes she would point out a "newbie" and tell me a little about her, then ask her to join us and if we hit it off out the door we went. I have no clue where she might be working these days but in my opinion the bars in Nana are not as well run like before.

Comment

I have actually met one such lb from KC. Her protégés call her "mother" and she will protect them from other lbs who may be aggressive because of jealousy, or perhaps high on yabba.
            Hi Rxpharm,
            I guess you are referring to my Mae/Mother-"The Queen"
            She is very well respected and loved by us,she can be very domineering
            and ferocious....but she's kitten really..

Because of the large number we have in our group,we (for practical reasons)
            are divided in to five mini-families (usually regional,..Issan,Northern girls ect)
            Each mini-family has a "Mae"who protects
            and cares for the younger girls in her charge..In return the "daughters" give
            gifts to their Mae,usually nominal..
            "The Queen"expects each Mae to keep her young under control i.e be respectful
            to the other girls,dress well,and keep off the drugs (we do have a couple of girls
            who do the occasional drug..but they are not allowed back into the condo when
            high....family rule)..If a Mae can't control a girl then The Queen gets involved..bad..

We have in addition to this.."The goddess" who is second only to the Queen..
            and then there is me..the Angel..I have the silly position of being protective to
            all members of the family,I treat all the girls the same..I am too soft hearted to
            be a Mae,and at the same time being the one who needs looking after the most...

We are one big happy family with very few problems between the girls (your
            personality has to fit in this group)..We take care of each other,we know what
            each other is feeling...The girls will always come first..
            x
            Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Fascinating! Thank you Naang Faa and guys.
              Naang Faa, is this system exclusive to your own group or is it fairly widespread?
              I also know the Thai ladyboys that come to Singapore have a sort of Mae. The Mae also lends them clothing and even scolds them when they get out of line.
              And as a customer if you took the Mae regularly, the other ladyboys would accord you some respect and if you approached the group they would immediately call for the Mae or tell you where she is.

Comment

ascinating! Thank you Naang Faa and guys.
                Naang Faa, is this system exclusive to your own group or is it fairly widespread?
                Your welcome
                I think it is common among ladyboys to live in communal groups..
                Maybe not as large or as close-knit as our particular group,or as mulit-racial/regional/religious.
                I have in my time here visited other older families of of about ten 40-50 year olds who looked
                after our Maes when they was younger...
                We have rules we have to abide by..but only for our benefit and well being..

It is a nice friendly fun atmosphere to live in,and all the girls are very proud to
                be in this family...
                x
                Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Oh I didnt know something like this exists. Sounds wonderful!!! Where do I sign up?  

S
                  Anything spent less than mad love is a waste of time

Comment

Is there nothing similar in the Philippines then statuesque? So it means most Filipino ladyboys are independent?

Comment

Fascinating. But where does the 'family' originate? I am guessing that it is not at biological/genetic linkage, but a social one. Or am I wrong - as usual? How do members join the family, are members excluded if they behave badly, and how does someone (for example, Naang Faa) become 'Mother'? Is there a promotion/elevation process?

OK, OK, I ask too many questions. Shoot me.

Comment

Never asked an LB about it. But from talking to a few different GGs over the years, many of them work where they do because they have family or friends from the same town/village.

On a trip last year I was lucky enough to come across a real gem who worked in one of the "cookie cutter" beer bars along Soi 7. Sorry, she was too shy for any decent pix, but her body and face really were amazing, good enough to be a top showgirl in Walking Street. An enthusiastic shag as well. But she'd stayed at the same very ordinary Soi 7 bar because two aunties and a couple of cousins worked there.

Comment

Working...
                        X