Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transsexual takes life in UK prison...

Transsexual takes life in (UK) prison...

An inquest jury has returned a verdict of suicide after a bullied transsexual prisoner hanged herself.

Lisa Woodhall, 28, was discovered at Eastwood Park women's prison, South Gloucestershire, having told a friend of her torment by other inmates.

Ms Woodhall, born Paul Hayes in Taunton, Somerset, left a note claiming she had been "murdered by ignorance and lack of appropriate care and help".

The jury found the balance of her mind was disturbed before her death in 2006.

Better communication

Ms Woodhall was sentenced to four years and six months imprisonment in 2005 for slashing the eyelids of her ex-boyfriend's male partner.

Ms Woodhall's care manager, Andrew Gibbs, said she had rated herself as seven out 10 on a "wish to die" scale, three days before her death.

But he said he was happy with her progress and found she was not a high suicide risk. Staff checked her cell three times an hour.

Inmate Evelyn Shone said Ms Woodhall had been "picked on" by other prisoners, and had lost faith in the prison officers' ability to do anything about it.

The jury recorded that Ms Woodhall perceived her treatment at the prison as "inadequate and dismissive", but found that the level of care was in reality "good".

But communication between prison staff needed improving, the jury in Bristol ruled.
    Link to story...

Interesting story, here...

On the one side she seems like a mental case for slashing her rivals eye-lids and undeserving of much compassion...

On the other and you have to ask yourself what drives a person to kill themselves?
    See over 1,000 fantastic Asian LADYBOY models just like these HERE!

(Preview Girls @ Apr. 11 2008,17:18) On the other and you have to ask yourself what drives a person to kill themselves?
    I guess the answer is despair. Despair at being constantly bullied.

If I find anything like that going on it's one of the very rare reasons that I will come close to abusing my position.

Most bullies are cowards or have a weakness of their own that they are afraid to have exploited.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

poor girl.... might have been a psycho or maybe she was just pushed too far by discrimination all her life, ts certainly get it tough

Comment

(Preview Girls @ Apr. 12 2008,02:18) On the other and you have to ask yourself what drives a person to kill themselves?
        Sad. Not everyone who kills him or herself is a mental case, for sure. Too many people who kill themselves are just overcome with too much self hatred. I have seen too many young women who have been serially abused express a desire to die... what terrible tragedies. The darkest places in hell should be reserved for those who do not intercede when basic human respect is abused.
        From the immortal realm of Barbelo...

Comment

Working...
        X