X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay Marriages ~ Ladyboy Visas...

With California about to begin allowing marriage between same sex couples, June 16th to be exact. And for the sake of argument, let's assume that the amendment to the State Constitution voiding same sex marriage fails at the ballot box in November will this be the "holy grail" that will allow some of us to get a U.S. Visa for our LB to come visit for a holiday? I sure hope so, I would love to take a special LB for a holiday here on the West Coast. Maybe the Government will finally realize that same sex marriage, giving visas to LB'S is not the end of American civilization.

I get the feeling that all this is kind of inevitable and that in 5 years time we'll look back on all this fuss and bother with a bit of nostalgia.

I know the USA is pretty conservative on this issue, but you just can't fight it.

It's akin to when people were "living in sin" in the '50s and '60s.

Comment

Massachusetts has had the gay marriage option for some time now. I don't think it has affected the tourist visas, which are issued on the federal level, one bit.

I am still waiting for the real test case- a marriage visa request.
      "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

It's not gonna happen...The California voters will vote to amend the constitution and by next year it will only be a memory...

As liberal as NorCal is, SoCal has the population...
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I think Kahuna is unfortunately correct - not only because of SoCal. The federal gov't controls immigration policy, and if same sex marriage is not recognized on the federal level, it won't matter unless more states change their legislation and force the federal laws to change.

Perhaps it may be sooner if the dems can win the presidency, win the senate and keep the congress, but I get the feeling they will be extremely busy trying to fix the current mess. Might take 8 years for that job!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I dunno... I still think it's to big to ignore now.

Comment

Most European Union countries now accept Gay marriages although officially its called a Civil Partnership.

Comment

except ireland so far
                i love t-girls

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jun. 16 2008,20:25) I dunno... I still think it's to big to ignore now.
                  Not whilst there is a republican in the White House, and a right wing majority on the Supreme court...
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

And the so called 'Moral Majority'    

ie. a few thousand noisy, bigoted, windbags!    

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

I think the Federal control of Immigration is the no-no here.Also the more of those Catholic Mexicans that come over the border into California the less likely that gay laws will ever pass.They are sending the California liberal streak into Papal backwardness.
                      Forget the 60's,San Francisco, Haight Ashbury days when white middle class kids thought the World would be different by now.
                      Were there any Mexicans there back then?
                      It will take a long time for the U.S..
                      Before them will be the E.U., Canada & Australia, I suspect.

Comment

(terryw @ Jun. 17 2008,05:49) Most European Union countries now accept Gay marriages although officially its called a Civil Partnership.
                        California passed a domestic partnership law several years ago...but civil unions are NOT nearly the equivalent as same sex marriage...

Comment

(nigelr69 @ Jun. 18 2008,12:38) Were there any Mexicans there back then?
                          It will take a long time for the U.S..
                          Before them will be the E.U., Canada & Australia, I suspect.
                          That's patently unfair to blame the Mexicans immigrants...they only account for 12% of California's population...and only something like 6% of the voting polulation...

I suspect you're a bit behind...I believe same sex marriage is already legal in Canada...

Comment

I have just seen today on news that George Takei who played sulu in Star trek is able to marry his partner Brad Altman, i hope they "live long and prosper"

Here is alink to what george says:Georgetakei.com
                            i love t-girls

Comment

Zulu is too cool for school... I love it when he does the Howard Stern show!

Comment

Working...
                              X