X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sex Change Regulations from Nov 29

Bear with me, probably will move this over to Academia Forum in a short while, but this news will prove interesting to more than a few bms.

The Association of Thai Surgeons have decided to make stricter guidelines for patients seeking SRS.

The first is that an applicant must now obtain two psychiatric evaluation profiles from two different psychiatrists. Then the applicant must do a "Real Life Test" of 6 months living in the desired gender role and can only receive hormones by prescription from the surgeon who may be performing the operation.

If the patient passes the "Real Life Test" satisfactorily on assessment of the psychiatrists and surgeons the operation will be granted.

This has been submitted to the government for passing as a "law" and will probably happen in the near future.

However, whether this will actually curb the number of SRS procedures will remain to be seen, as enforcement may not be strict.

These guidelines are more in line with what happens in western countries where transsexuals seek SRS.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

...as enforcement may not be strict.
    ...depending on the availability of motivational tools, such as a certain number of 500 baht notes and 1000 baht notes.

The original post has the ring of a "money for nothing"-scheme aimed at "SRS-tourists".
    "I don´t know what to do. Losing sleep. Kicked from a chatroom on a board about worshipping young transsexual prostitutes.
    I´ve my fair share of disapointments and hardtimes in my life, but this....."

Comment

Spot on, abba...

Comment

I certainly hope the enforcement will not be strict!

Because otherwise, if hormones aren't readily available anymore, this will make our cuties less cute!
        Plus they probably won't be able to take hormones from a young age anymore.

The hormones bother me more than the SRS restriction, because I never had a good time with a TS who hated her dick and wanted it removed. They behave strange... almost like women !?

Comment

abba has it totally right lol
          just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Money takes care of all rules and regs in all countries
            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

You mean hormones will no longer be sold in every pharmacy to whoever comes in the door with baht?

La Bamba ~ The friendliest (and sexiest) ladyboy bar in Pattaya!

Comment

that will be the change when the regulation is passed by the new government. However, my lb friends say that some of the bigger pharmacies will likely still be selling hormones without prescription.

As for the other comments - we will have to see, but since enforcement is so haphazard in LOS, things won't change much or if they do, it will be slowly.

Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread

Comment

I think this is maybe a bit of a yarn. I cant for a minute see that the surgeons would go along with this. There is virtually nothing in it for them, other than making a few baht selling hormones. Also the fact that they have a huge business with the falang trade. People come from all over the world to get these procedures because they are considerd good at it, they are cheaper, and for the most part they dont have to jump through the same hoops as back home. I doubt very much they would risk losing that business

Comment

It has zero chance of approval.....I will be on it!!!

Comment

Read that "I will bet on it."

Comment

These regulations are aimed at Thai patients - in response to the concern that SRS has been too easily available for Thai lbs.

Farangs coming for the procedure of course do not necessarily have to go through all the steps mentioned. These regulations were drafted by the Thai Associations of Surgeons - not by a government agency.

As written earlier, these regulations come closer to what many western countries do to regulate SRS procedures.

Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread

Comment

With the amount of Transexuals in SE Asia someone must be looking at the figures for SRS and comparing them with western guidelines in order to regulate the procedure.....

This is a one chance op so if the Medical Authorities can make a few more hoops to jump through then they might actually save someones sanity........
                          My idea of foreplay is getting my wallet out......

Comment

Well its the little xmitter thats also going to be implanted they did not tell you about, that registeres each time its used. Then the girl owes that amount for taxable income.

Comment

kathylc, sorry, the dentists have that covered already with all the transmitters in the braces that the adults are using nowadays!

Membership Levels
                              The Rookie Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X