X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS cycling champion

Natalie van Gogh became Sunday Dutch champion cycling.
    Four years ago she had a transgender operation.
    She started cycling to get fit again. Her female status is no issue with the dutch cycling committee.

Seems we are making some progress with the acceptance and emancipation of transgendered.

The full story is here (sorry but it is in dutch)
    http://www.nusport.nl/wielren....al.html

I tried google translate and this is what came of it:

----------------

Van Gogh: Title is "normal story '
    Published: October 11, 2009 17:29
    Last modified: 11 October 2009 17:29
    ALKMAAR - Of course there are crooked faces, obviously there is talk behind her back. Natalie van Gogh, born 34 years ago as a man does not care for themselves.
    © Reuters

The New Vennep won Sunday at the Dutch track cycling championship title from the scratch line.

Already two years before she comes out Swabo Ladies Team in the road race. Her entrance triggered mixed reactions. Unfair competition, was said about the woman who four years ago a man was.

Also on the track in Alkmaar was gesmoesd this weekend. She did not by itself be distracted. ''Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.''

Private Case

Some four years ago she underwent a gender reassignment. Many she did not lose Sunday. It is''a private matter, but I am not ashamed of. I understand that people find this remarkable success, for me it is a normal story.''

She sports after the operation because she was too heavy. ''First I walk that I found nothing, then it was mountain biking and now biking.''On the way she is now a familiar appearance. On the Internet frequently discussed her status.

Testosterone

Behind your back''is on everything. For example I have a lot more testosterone in my body would have. There is absolutely no. And it is not so often that I win.''

Sunday it happened. She patted Eva Heijmans after 7.5 kilometers and Adrien Santos in the sprint. ''To me she just a competitor, I do not think further about it'', Heijmans responded with whom she is training at Team Sprinters Velo Amsterdam Dome.

''I'm just as much as for those other girls, perhaps even more'', said Van Gogh, in daily life software engineer. ''But I live as a professional athlete.''
    And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
    X