Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speech of a Filipina transsexual at the UN!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speech of a Filipina transsexual at the UN!

WOW! Has anyone seen this?!! Found this at the website of Transgender ASIA:

"An highly eloquent and moving affirmation of the right to gender variance,  and a denunciation of the prejudice, discrimination, harassment and violence which gender variant persons suffer worldwide. Delivered, at the United Nations in New York  during the International Human Rights Day on december 10, by Sass Rogando  Sasot, a leading activist transpinay (a Filipina woman of transgender experience). "

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrOc6CIQjtc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrOc6CIQjtc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

very well said... it is definitely not easy to speak up on behalf of the entire LGBT community in the world..

years ago i had a chance to speak in the class towards gender discrimination, and i was really surprise how my heterosexual classmates, even my professor for gender and sexuality reacted to my personal experiences of gender discrimination... it seemed that they are aware that discrimination exists, but they do not know exactly how it occurs, how serious these cases are until they hear it first hand, or eye witness...

and yet, after all this story telling, these hearings, conferences, conversations, expositions of facts or realities, where will it lead on to??? it seems that the ones in the authority make a response so slowly... and cases of gender discrimination increase in numbers and cases get more serous...

if an LGBT member able to penetrate the power, that can possibly be the only time when the world may be able to meet some changes...
    garcia

Comment

She's My little friend Sass, Absolutely great girl, was partying with her On 19Th of December. Has to be one of the nicest people I have ever met , very intelligent girl, cant be that intelligent to have Me as a friend mind you
      Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Great great

Easy Come Easy Go: that's life

Comment

Just spoke to the little lady on the phone, She said thanx for all the kind words !

Comment

You can pass her my respect next time you talk with her Seamus

x
            Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Will do Naang................ come down to London & you can finally Meet Statuesque & Sass at the same time & that little Irish Gob shite

Comment

Right seamus, both Sass and Statuesque are members of STRAP. Really good speech that Sass gave, I hope that it will lead to some action by governments to advance the laws and societal attitudes that will increase acceptance of transgender people.

Naang Faa, get yourself over to the big city and meet them!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread
                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Shes one of my heroes!  

Yes Ms Naang Faa, wed love to see you here in London one time!  

S
                  Anything spent less than mad love is a waste of time

Comment

Working...
                  X