Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto. That is what I was trying to be subtle about earlier. At least this has been my experience and others that I have shared with before.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the thoughts.

Yup, diet and exercise are actually the most effective ways for me to manage my "winter blues" also, but this year I chose sloth and overeating and the cumulative effect sucked, thus the attempt to use a magic bullet from the doc.

Now that the symptoms have abated (other than the side effect!) I'll be weaning myself and am out exercising again.
      Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Deep, I will not be beat around the bush! Please stay on the meds! I have just recently been down this road due to the heart pills I take daily! It took several different tries to find the right one but believe me if you are with the right person there is no problem with performance! Please talk to your doc about what you are experiencing so he or she can modify the drugs for your chemistry! And if the doc aint listening get a new doc! I am glad to hear that you are not thinking of tossing yourself off the bridge! Just make sure you tell the doc all of the things you are experiencing! Enough said, now back to our regular conversation! How about them Bears! A Chicago thing!
        Seize the day because tomorrow is never promised!

Comment

I've been off the antidepressants for 6 months and feeling great. The libido is back to normal and no signs of depression. If it returns I won't hesitate to medicate if necessary, but for today I'm happy that I don't need to.
          Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Thats very, very good to hear... depression can be really nasty with very bad consequences. Just hang in there if it comes around again.

Comment

Somehow I missed this thread...but great to see you are back in the saddle DT

You have it covered and know yourself better than anyone so no need to add anything. I did find Foxy's comments interesting though. I know around here the libido is king, but there's also something to be said for letting that side of life slide for a while..sometimes

Anyways, sounds like you're in shape for the Party

Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Big Data might save your life: "Drug data reveal sneaky side effects"

http://j.mp/A1H7sT (Nature)

"An algorithm designed by US scientists to trawl through a plethora of drug interactions has yielded thousands of previously unknown side effects caused by taking drugs in combination. The work, published today in Science Translational Medicine1, provides a way to sort through the hundreds of thousands of 'adverse events' reported to the
                US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) each year. "It's a step in the direction of a complete catalogue of drug-drug interactions," says the study's lead author, Russ Altman, a bioengineer at Stanford University in California."

- - -

Comment

DT, I know understand what you meant. After all the medical issues I am know on an anti-depressant in the morning, and just to make my day a wonderful thing I take Seroquel which is for Bi- polar. Right now I am not worried about Sex Drive. I am just trying to balance the meds. But I am American, a Texan (now ) so I will make it through.
                  TEXASMAC

Comment

Working...
                  X