X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Hospital with Pneumonia!

I guess I should explain my absence. Several times in my thread "More of Pattaya's Finest" I mentioned picking up a cough. And several well meaning friends told me they didn't like the sound of it with Steff in particular advising me I should go home.

"It's only a cough, I have been a lot sicker than that in Asia & I can treat it just as well here as I can back home" was my reply to him. The thought of abandoning my long break over something so minor seemed ridiculous.

However while I coped with the cough, my body wasn't coping with the infection that was causing it - a virulent form of bronchitis that was developing into PNEUMONIA.

I eventually had to go to hospital for treatment by which time they admitted me as I could no longer keep food or water down & I was literally out on my feet. I thought it would be for one night, I am now typing this from my room on my fifth day. Today I had the Penthouse deliver my laptop & everything else I thought I might need.

I had spoken to Donnykey who recommended getting an IV drip full of glucose & vitamins as a sure way to pick myself up. I had experience of these back home in Oz & I was tossing up last Saturday whether that might be the way to go. One look in the bathroom mirror convinced me that I had to take control of my now parlous health situation. And I hadn't had alcohol for the previous 10 days. I was trying to do the right thing.

The Thai doctor looked over my test results, blood, urine, X-Ray, etc & held out the clip that goes over a finger to give a percentage of Oxygen in the blood. That sealed my fate. "Who's the wheelchair for?" I asked when one arrived in her office.

"You, you can't walk anywhere. Your O2 levels are 85% & you are likely to faint at any moment" she said.

Now I have had over a dozen IV drip bags, I have 250ml of the antibiotic Avelox mainlined into me every day, 8 to 12 Nebulisers a day, steroid injections every few hours, X-Rays, god knows how many pills & tablets & I am still not free to leave.

I have learnt a lot about catching pneumonia, about the dangers of trying to self medicate, the strange experience of a Thai hospital & Thai staff. Thai ways indeed! Plus the lessons for everyone as to having adequate health cover when visiting LOS. My bill is somewhere around 150,000 baht & I expect it to go a lot higher before I leave.

I am not going to address all that I have learnt in this post but I am happy to answer any queries about my experience.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Blimey - this is a bit of a shocker...

I hope you are on the mend and can feed us a great story about your hospital experience one day.

Have a full and complete recovery, mate...

Marko
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay Paccers.

But am glad that you admitted yourself since I have known people who died at home of pnuemonia, a real shame because going to the hospital would have solved everything.

But reading your eloquent post it sounds like you are well on the road to recovery!

Comment

Really sorry to hear that you have been hospitalized! They are giving you a good antibiotic to treat it, and I hope you get back to 100% soon!

You should check with Giz about getting a special nurse!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

get well soonn pac
          You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

That sucks. Glad you're *stable* for now if that word fits.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery of your health from USA.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

God damn, glad to hear you're on the mend. I was thinking of sending the cavalry as I just had a feeling that something wasn't right, and no one had seen you.

The cost for recovery seems expensive, but if it ends up costing you 300,000 Baht when all is said and done, think of how little the $10,000 would have actually benefited your next of kin when they inherited it. Much better spent on you staying alive! Ultimately, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the price of kicking the bucket.

I'm just relieved and glad to know where you are and that you are safe and on the road to recovery.

Funny, someone mentioned trip insurance or health insurance recently, and my thought was "what a waste of money". Looks like maybe I'd best rethink that.
              Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Very sorry to hear that you're down, but happy to hear you're on the mend...

If you need anything just let one of the Pattaya regulars know...Happy to wander by with some supplies...Beer, wine, ladyboy masseuse...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

get well soon paccs all the best
                  i long to live in los  

Comment

Hey mate,

Hope you are feeling better soon and back to play another day.

Get well soon.
                    f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

Thank you all for taking a moment to wish me well. I appreciate it. It is sending me stir crazy here in the hospital knowing what I am missing.

And Marko, there is a good story to tell here, I am not the first to get sick with pneumonia & I won't be the last. I will start the ball rolling, I have nothing much else to do so I can do a little analysing & relate the whole stupid thing.

And PigDogg, I also have heard of people dying of pneumonia, they drown in their own body fluids. And the illness can go from bad to deadly very fast. I think I was much closer to being serious than I ever realised. They have diagnosed some very nasty form of pneumonia & have been throwing everything at it.
                      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Hi Pacman
                                                 Sorry to read of your illness and very very Happy to now read that you are on the road to recovery my friend.

take Care

Best Wishe's

Terry    
                        If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Pacman and I hope you are up and around soon.

We managed to arrange for a new nurse to look after you:-
                          <object height="480" width="640" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.lbjizz.com/flowplayer/flowplayer-3.2.2.swf" name="player_api" id="player_api"><param name="movie" value="http://www.lbjizz.com/flowplayer/flowplayer-3.2.2.swf" /><param value="true" name="allowfullscreen"><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"><param value="high" name="quality"><param value="true" name="cachebusting"><param value="#000000" name="bgcolor"><param value="config={%22clip%22:{%22autoPlay%22:false,%2 2autoBuffering%22:true,%22url%22:%22https://theladyboyforums.com/vipclips/MAK_34.flv%22,%22provider%22:%22pseudo%22},%22plugins%22:{%22ps eudo%22:{%22url%22:%22http://www.lbjizz.com/flowplayer/flo...g-3.2.2.swf%22}},%22playerId%22:%22player%22,%22playlist%22:[{%22autoPlay%22:true,%22autoBuffering%22:true,%22u rl%22:%22https://theladyboyforums.com/vipclips/MAK_34.flv%22,%22provider%22:%22pseudo%22}]}" name="flashvars"></object>

RR.
                          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                          Kahuna

Comment

Sorry to read this about you Pacman
                            but as others say, you in best place and we can wait for the report, get well first mate and take t easy.

SW
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

I had been wondering what happened to you - now we know. Sounds like some serious stuff and best to be in the hospital. By the way dont forget to tell any visiting LB's that the 'Pole" is not for dancing, but for holding your drip.

Get well soon and keep the adventures coming once your fully recovered.

Cheers
                              Mardhi

Comment

Working...
                              X