X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEPRESSION

I read here before about some BM's who suffer from depression. Is it best solved with legal drugs, ill-legal drugs self medication or just ignore it as a weakness?
    TEXASMAC

Definatly not a weakness but a real issue that does not get discussed often enough and is far more common than what is made out.

I deal with it without drugs but that is my choice, with any medical condition it is best discussed with your doctor and if you do not get the right answers try another doctor, as we know with every profession in life there are good people and average / bad, doctors are no different.

Comment

It seems to run in my family as both of my sisters recently told me they are taking medication. They are 55 and 58 years of age. They each told me separately and asked for me not to tell the other. That is why I asked about do we hide it? If so why don't we as a society deal with it. Here I can ask and be anonymous.
      TEXASMAC

Comment

TM, medication can help - for clinical depression - that is depression that has lasted longer than 3 months, and is severe. Depression has been linked to a chemicial imbalance in the brain of natural chemical messengers. However, anti-depressants should not be the only method of treatment. People with depression should also seek emotional/spiritual support. A combination of methods seems to have the best results and also can lead to getting off anti-depressants entirely. What is happening now is that people who are clinically depressed are prescribed anti-depressants and are left on them for a long time. This isn't the best treatment.

I hope your sisters get better and look for other support other than the medications.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

At first I felt why are they sticking me in the middle. Then I realized I was being an ass. I will do whatever I can. Like you said rx, I will be support.
          TEXASMAC

Comment

Working...
          X