X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Age of Reason

We've had a few postings on "Why do mostly older men like LBs?", but this one is more cerebral...

Many times I've heard from other members, and have experienced myself, the case where my 19 year old LB friend seems more mature than I am. Of course there are many opposite experiences too, but by and large, I find LBs extremely mature for their age.

They look at love, sex, money, friends with such practicality and common sense, that it makes our emotion-based perspective on these things seem ridiculous in comparison.

What do you think?

We'll probably both get flamed here Ziggy, but I tend to agree with you...especially in my case while I travel through my second, third or fourth childhood...

These girls are indeed very mature in many ways...Of course, not all of their behavior is a sign of maturity....Some of it is cultural as well...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

They look at love, sex, money, friends with such practicality and common sense, that it makes our emotion-based perspective on these things seem ridiculous in comparison.
      My own experience tends to contradict the above statement.

Comment

Maybe we are confusing their ability to "pull" the right strings with emotional maturity? Certainly they have the ability to generate feelings that ggs seem to rarely achieve - I had feelings of love for my ex-gf that I never had for anyone else, and she wasn't even trying!

I have seen a whole range of emotions from lbs - and I think that they often have us (older punters) at a disadvantage when it comes to feeling of love/lust. I don't think the Brazilian shemales have this kind of effect - at least I haven't seen anyone write about it.

So feel free to jump and and contribute!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(rxpharm @ Jul. 26 2007,14:59) Maybe we are confusing their ability to "pull" the right strings with emotional maturity?
          Well then tell me what is maturity is if it's not learned behavior? We aren't born with it...it's not instinctive...

I certainly don't want to put words in Ziggy's mouth (or anthing else for that matter), but what I interpret his statement to mean is that they have learned at a very young age the proper way to act and react to our emotions which seems to be 180 degrees from theirs...they appear to be able to remove emotion from some aspects of their behavior that impact on us...don't get me wrong, they certainly behave child-like and frivolous in many ways...not unlike western youth their own age...but in some ways they really do scare me...

Comment

I don't agree at all... Just because they are rational about us doesn't mean they don't react over-emotionally to other aspects of their lives.

They probably care more about characters in a soap opera on TV than they do about any one of us.

It's possible that we are confusing a pragmatic and rational approach to some things concerning farangs as just plain indifference and ambivalence.

A four year old market stall worker doesn't need a calculator to know how much your change is but probably still wets the bed!

There are very occasional examples of ladyboys who react responsibly and with foresight in their handling of their lives but these are very few and far between. To generalise and say that they are (quote) "extremely mature for their age" is something that even in the most favorable circumstances I'd find difficult to accept as fact.

Maturity comes in a multitude of definitions. Most of them don't apply to most P4P ladyboys!

There's a lot to love and admire about ladyboys but let's not get swept away into thinking that they are anything other than young adults with almost no worldy experience and even less common sense.

Comment

I'm enjoying this thread already!   It's got a long way to run yet ....

Maybe it's not maturity, but I know exactly what Ziggy is getting at.  

Most people (except TTC of course) are more mature than my buddy kahuna - he's a one-off  
              TT

Comment

Yes, I agree the definition is very ambiguous, and I'm not sure I can clarify it even myself, but some anecdotes would be:

-LBs can turn us on emotionally (at least newbies), on a dime. As Kahuna says, they
                seem to have been very adept at learned behaviors and buttons for farangs; I'd say
                most western women are amateurs in comparison.

-They are very down to earth in some basics, like an ability to forget a bad day or event
                or person, in a heartbeat (most of cannot do it).

-They have an ability to just accept life as is and the day as is, and enjoy it, whereas we
                seem to fret over tomorrow and next month and next year.

In the opposite direction, I do agree there are other almost childlike behaviors that seem to linger. Like watching cartoons at the age of 25, or you could even say this day to day living is immature.

If I were to put it more simply, I'd say, why is it they can turn on their little fingers and we don't see it and we are the ones learning from them? I don't know of a newbie who hasn't learned huge things about people, relationships, and how to better view them all from experiences with 19 yr old LBs. So if you call that maturity or something else, that was more where I was heading.

Comment

They have an ability to just accept life as is and the day as is, and enjoy it, whereas we seem to fret over tomorrow and next month and next year...
                  I admire (and envy) this aspect of Thai-ness (is there such a word?) but have no respect for it.

Wouldn't it be great to just waltz through life on a bag of rice and a co-dependence on fate!

Comment

The ability to live in the moment is all about being a Buddhist and other eastern religions Hindu comes to mind. This is instilled in them from day one my girl friend is very good at this. Also this is why they will put a short term gain over a long term gain time and again, never worried about tomorrow.

Also when you leave not another thought about you again untill you return or the rent is due and your wire is late.

Stogie, not quite that simple, this concept is used so that a person can focus on the moment and not be overly worried about the past which we cannot change and overly fixated with the future which no matter how hard we try we have no control over.

Focus on the present this moment is all we really have.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 27 2007,00:19) Wouldn't it be great to just waltz through life on a bag of rice and a co-dependence on fate!
                      I never could waltz, but I've managed to fandango through life much the same western style on Rice-A-Roni (The San Francisco Treat) and chance...

I don't have a pot to piss in...Largely because I never thought I would live this long...But in many ways, I see something in many of these girls that I never have nor ever will possess...Call it what you like...but it's something that I never learned...and there is little chance of that happening now...

But I don't envy them, except their youth...

Comment

Have you been on the Sicilian Red  again, kahuna?!

No point in telling you to grow up.....  
                        TT

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 26 2007,15:33)
                          (rxpharm @ Jul. 26 2007,14:59) Maybe we are confusing their ability to "pull" the right strings with emotional maturity?
                          Well then tell me what is maturity is if it's not learned behavior? We aren't born with it...it's not instinctive...

I certainly don't want to put words in Ziggy's mouth (or anthing else for that matter), but what I interpret his statement to mean is that they have learned at a very young age the proper way to act and react to our emotions which seems to be 180 degrees from theirs...they appear to be able to remove emotion from some aspects of their behavior that impact on us...don't get me wrong, they certainly behave child-like and frivolous in many ways...not unlike western youth their own age...but in some ways they really do scare me...
                          In what way do they scare you? Coldhearted?

Comment

I would love to get a hold of the bar girl manual. There has to be an instruction book on how to make a farang fall for you they are all to good at it .

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Jul. 25 2007,07:02) We've had a few postings on "Why do mostly older men like LBs?", but this one is more cerebral...

Many times I've heard from other members, and have experienced myself, the case where my 19 year old LB friend seems more mature than I am. Of course there are many opposite experiences too, but by and large, I find LBs extremely mature for their age.

What do you think?
                              it is "mostly older men" who have no need for their partner to have the slightest bit of "she'd make a good wife and mother" about her -- either consciously or unconsciously (through familial subliminal hints).  once you let that go, LBs have GG's *way* out-paced, by virtue of the variety of their physical equipment, the horniness of their chromosonal nature and the long-forbidden aspect of their being -- the last of which is not to be underestimated when dealing with the ever more jaded nature of an older and more experienced player in pursuit of his sexual thrills.  

i see where ziggy's coming from here and i disagree only with the choice of the word "mature" (later slightly amended already in this thread). as has been stated, their being raised in a society shaped by eastern philosophy  and living under constant pressure for the merest economic survival   - for themselves and their family - combines to create a quite practical and very in-the-moment relationship to life, friends, lovers and clients at a very early age. it's simply survival of the fittest. to fret over past regrets or waste energy worrying over future unknowables only takes away from the focus on surviving now.

this is a stark contrast to what *most* of us have experienced.      
                              when we lose a true love, we can get drunk and bemoan our fate at length. if a friend betrays us, we feel long-term pain and shut down a bit. these girls don't have that luxury. they just get on with putting food in little brother's mouth -- or a gucci belt around her own waist.

the "maturity" which provides them the "ability" to not let emotions overrule reason with regard to personal involvements and letting go of useless regrets and living "in the moment" are, i believe, a necessity for surviving childhood -- whereas we westerners might require decades of meditation and experience to let go of our learned striving for more, more, more and our educated fear of future consequences, to regain the childlike state of 'be here now' which our nose-to-the-grindstone judeo-christian culture has beat out of us with a stick.

then again it could just be because as we age we become emotional basket cases and imagine all kinds of intricate backstory whereas the hot little twenty-year-old has no interest in anything of the sort and therefore appear to us - depending upon whether we're in a mood to admire or fear - as either "mature" or  just "coldhearted".

Comment

Working...
                              X