X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M, F, & A traits

It wouldn't let me fit the entire title so here it is.

Masculine, Feminine, and Androgynous Traits - How They Affect Transsexualism

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this.. but I'm going to try to explain my thoughts as clearly as I can.

When I was studying psychology, I learned that someone's physical traits can greatly effect their personality. In society, females with masculine traits are more accepted than males with feminine traits. Androgynous traits are often considered beautiful. Females with masculine traits often fall into a beautiful category as well.. but most males with feminine traits have to deal with the harassment and accusations of being homosexual.

So for the main question... Do you think someones traits depicts their gender identity crisis? Also, which traits do you think make the best transsexuals and why?

Sorry if my thoughts are a little disorganized.

Most of the time people are "afraid" of ladyboys because they "fear" their inner homosexuality

Read this somewhere earlier tonight, think it was on the Hua Hin afterdark forum
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

from the Fish Box.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Good question nekketsu. I have done some reading about this topic - male to female transsexuals run the gamut from heavy construction, macho military types to the very feminine, small framed types. There does not seem to be any correlation as to how it affects their gender identity to be transsexual - however there are certain traits that allow them to be more successful at transitioning so they can "pass" in their ideal gender.

Some of these would include feminine slight frame, feminine voices. There has been some discussion of why there are so many transsexuals in Thailand - and one idea is that the Thai Asian physique allows a more successful transition. Of course the easy availability of female hormones without prescription and early use of such also has a big impact. In developed countries it is extremely difficult for a ts to get hormone treatment before the age of 18. In Thailand the youngest age I heard of starting hormones was 11, typically it is around 16 years of age.

Hopefully some others can also contribute to this discussion.

Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread

Comment

"When I was studying psychology, I learned that..."

First off - don't believe everything you 'learned' in school. Most of this science is mumbo jumbo and guesswork.

"In society, females with masculine traits are more accepted than males with feminine traits."

Which traits and by whom? - I don't believe this. In fact I'd say the opposite is true.

"Androgynous traits are often considered beautiful."

Assuming you are still talking about personality then again - I believe the opposite is true.

"Females with masculine traits often fall into a beautiful category as well..."

More insane rubbish. Where did you 'learn' this stuff? online at 'HungAngels.com'?

"most males with feminine traits have to deal with the harassment and accusations of being homosexual..."

You make homosexuality sound like a crime! But withstanding that I don't believe that MOST MALES have to deal with harassment and accusations simply because they exhibit feminine personality traits.

"So for the main question... Do you think someones traits depicts their gender identity crisis?  Also, which traits do you think make the best transsexuals and why?"

Question 1 - One persons 'crisis' is another persons lifestyle choice. All of us have personalities which are somewhat affected by our appearance and sexuality. So yes.

Question 2 - Assuming you are referring to M2F (male to female transsexuals) then all 'traits' are acceptable from strong to weak to happy to sad. You sound as if you are searching for a person to be rather than looking for who you already are.

If, however, you are asking us what our personal opinions are in this matter then I would say that the personality traits that I find most endearing in a partner are usually those that I don't possess myself... femininity, pride, patience and independence.

This list could apply to both a girl or a transsexual and could change at the drop of a hat. (I'm a guy after all!)

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 11 2007,23:27) "In society, females with masculine traits are more accepted than males with feminine traits."

Which traits and by whom? - I don't believe this. In fact I'd say the opposite is true.
            I think shes talking physical traits like she said... A girl can get away with wearing guy clothes and short hair and such, but once a guy starts to wear girls clothes, makeup, jewelry and starts adding things like highlights or styling his hair, then society starts to question that persons sexual orientation.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 11 2007,23:27) "most males with feminine traits have to deal with the harassment and accusations of being homosexual..."

You make homosexuality sound like a crime! But withstanding that I don't believe that MOST MALES have to deal with harassment and accusations simply because they exhibit feminine personality traits.
              Again, I think she talking physical traits, not personality traits...

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 12 2007,13:27) "When I was studying psychology, I learned that..."

First off - don't believe everything you 'learned' in school. Most of this science is mumbo jumbo and guesswork.
                I'm very well aware of that. It's why I brought up the subject to see everyones opinions in the matter.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 12 2007,13:27) "most males with feminine traits have to deal with the harassment and accusations of being homosexual..."

I should have made it more clear.. I meant physical traits. Also, I don't think homosexuality is a crime. If I did, then I'd be breaking the law.

Comment

I should have made it more clear.. I meant physical traits.
                    Ah ha! In that case please ignore my entire post!

Comment

Physical traits I prefer in a ladyboy? Easy - they must look like a lady but have a penis! I prefer girls who have had their balls removed and their Adams apple altered.

(Like most men) I like slender, pretty women who look confident, proud and elegant but act like experienced trashy whores in private.

Comment

nekketsu, don't mind some of the guys here like to have a bit of fun !

So it is more clear now - yes those transsexuals who have physical traits of their ideal gender will certainly have a much easier time to successfully transition.

I don't think the physical traits themselves will determine or affect if a person will be transsexual or not. I have seen some quite masculine lbs and non-asian ts, but they still give the same reports as having felt they should have been female at an early age.

Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 12 2007,13:27) "When I was studying psychology, I learned that..."

For a bloke with educated opinions this attitude seems to me be rather defensive.

Of course these sciences are imperfect but without them how do we propose theories and learn?

Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time

Comment

Nekketsu is completely correct that male traits in women are more accepted than feminine traits in men. It is simply due to a paternalistic, macho societies where feminism is less accepted. This is well documented and blatantly obvious to most of us.

But your most important question is strange English. Does a physical trait depict a gender identify crisis? I don't actually understand that question. Are you asking if someone looking feminine implies they are likely transgender? Or do you mean if they look feminine they will become transgender?

Regardless, in either case, of course the answer is no, and easily explained. Transgenderism is felt at an extremely early age, typically 5-7 or so. It is impossible to believe at that age, one's appearance would be such that it encourages them to become a LB. ALL kids at that age look andogynous, and regardless, at that age, any kid would not have enough maturity to understand he is more feminine looking than his peers and thus should become a LB.

There is a reasonable book I'm just finishing now called Transgender Care that covers a bit of this, written by a transgender psychologist.

Separately, saying the studies in a 7 year psychology degree is rubbish, is, well, rubbish. Good for you and thanks for your post.

Comment

Working...
                            X