X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladyboy fiction

Can any body point me in the direction of any decent novels based in Thailand , crime especially i,ve just  read two books by John Burdett Bangkok 8 and Bangkok tattoo. Both very good bangkok 8 is about a mixed race ladyboy and gives a good insight into her life although total fiction the book is intresting.

We have a free copy of Stephen Leather's book on this forum someplace. I'll try to dig out the link sometime!

Comment

Click this link for the thread!

Comment

All Christopher G. Moore novels, David Young (esp. "The Scribe") and if you can get a copy of the  "The Paradise Eater" and "The Next Best Thing" by John R. Saul (think they're both out of stock), read them, they're excellent!
        Although those are all no lb novels - just crime-fiction set in LOS.

MK
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

This isn't crime, but I just read Thai Girl on the plane to Canada. It's a light, fiction read, but it brings out some very good sociological points in a very subtle, pleasant way, about Issan life, and farangs making relationships with Thai girls.

Comment

The Beach is well written, kind of backpacker Lord of the Flies.

Comment

Try "The Greatest Lie" posted as a free download at http://nifty.gaytwinkcentral.com/nifty....est-lie

Its protagonist is a LA Trannie but it has scenes set in Thailand, and lots of sex. :

Comment

If interested, you can check out all the sci fi & fantasy books written by Jack Chalker. He's not published that I know of in several years, but back in the 90's he was most prolific. Books such as Midnight at the Well of Souls, etc. always had a transformation (usually m2f) theme worked into them. Not any graphic XXX sex, but if you like the idea of gender transformation his books were usually a good read.

For dirty stuff, check out the fictionmania.com site, and then also follow the links to other m2f fiction sites. Only short stories generally, but enough to get you off.
                Bring on the bitches!

Comment

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Jake Needham's Asian-set crime novels. Perhaps they're not as well known to the crowd here as are the other books mentioned above because they have little or nothing to do with the nightlife scene. Regardless, they have gotten far better reviews and sold far more copies all over Asia than any of the others that have been mentioned.

Two of Needham's books touch on Thai ladyboys in various parts of the plot. KILLING PLATO, which is set in Phuket, has a couple of very funny scenes in Soi Katoey, and THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE uses Orchard Tower in Singapore and a ladyboy pickup at the Crazy Horse to shape the climax of the story (so to speak).

Take a look at www.JakeNeedham.com if you're interested.

Comment

john burdett's newest novel, Bangkok Haunts, now out
                    got better than decent review in NY daily News today

Comment

And it's about ladyboys?
                      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

DP, 3rd in the series, all set in and around BKK nitelife,
                        good reads too, LB character on periphery of first two, the cop's(the protagonist) , partner considering becoming a LB as well, this one from the review appears that the LB character may be more involved
                        fwiw, i've enjoyed the first two

Comment

I am a bit of a crime buff and I also liked the first two Burdett novels. That they were set against Bangkok's nightlife was an added bonus. They provided me with (fictional and one man's take it must be said) some insight into the Buddhist take on life and the Thai take farangs.

Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time

Comment

(PigDogg @ Aug. 20 2006,09:00) The Beach is well written, kind of backpacker Lord of the Flies.
                            As an ex-backpacker who did the 'Koh Sarn Road' and 40 baht a night in Koh Samui thing years ago I have to say I found The Beach to be a one the biggest bits of shit I have ever read. The long term hippy thing in Goa was the only thingI could think of that it resembled.
                            Back in the scene after a couple of years away. And no that does not mean I was residing at her majesty's pleasure. God it is good to be back among the girls with that bit extra!

Comment

Working...
                            X