Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptance

Another contention...

Minorities only become accepted when they gain voting and monetary power. It is nothing to do with morals.

The Civil Rights movement succeeded because blacks became too numerous and a financial power, so the whites had to accept them.

Gays have become an organized group in vote power and financially, and thus are gaining in acceptance, and in our lifetime, the negative sentitment to gays may be gone.

LBs are not organized, nor do they have financial power. Despite egalitarian morals of a few (including Jeses), LBs will not gain acceptance globally until those two things are fixed. I believe that will not happen in our lifetimes.

Comments?

(ziggystardust @ Jan. 14 2007,16:11) Comments?
    Yes..LBs will simply have to bundle up with gays. No matter what we say and believe but "technically" speaking they belong to the same group.
    Perhaps P-OPs LBs may differ..
    I doubt, however, we will ever see banks for gays, churches for gays (!!!), school for gays, supermarket for gays..so, where is the point of the whole thing?
    We have already come to the reversed side of the problem in fact..nowadays, if you are not gay, you are not accepted in some working environments like make-up and fashion industries.
    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

I don't know what you mean by "technically" but I don't agree. There is no psychological relationship to how a LB feels and a gay feels.

But where I was going, was that the only way non-discrimination towards LBs can happen, either formally, or informally, is when they are organized or powerful enough to cause that to happen; which, likely, is a long, long ways away.

Comment

An interesting premise. However, it is doubtful that tgs will become organized as the gay movement has. One of the goals of many tgs is to "pass" and to blend into society invisibly. They want to be accepted in their desired gender role, so political activism would counter one of their important goals.

I agree that it is doubtful they will achieve the same acceptance that the gays have achieved in some countries.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Ah! We (rx and I) are living in Asia. Western culture is far more aggressive in equal rights. So, I think if TGs in the US get organized, for example, we'll see lots of fighting.

Thailand is not a good example, where most people are passive, and don't want to fight anyone, including laws. I was aghast at how I was almost violently angry at QBar and Lucifers, and my LB friends were like, "Ok, let's go somewhere else."

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Jan. 17 2007,00:42) I don't know what you mean by "technically" but I don't agree. There is no psychological relationship to how a LB feels and a gay feels.
            Yes and no..some gays are the macho man type and some are not. Anyway, not an exact science here...but sure I very much agree with you, Ziggy, that a LB will feel different from most gays, and that emerges when you go out, if you have ever tried it, with a Lb and one/two gays together.
            In any case, I meant technically are considered as gays because are men. And don't forget all teh TS who are worldwide the majority of "in-between" .. than we would have several sub-categories..all fighting for their rights..hmm..bit complicated.
            Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

It's interesting, that the "world" has defined 4 categories of non-heterosexuality: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT). This is what shows up in web-sites, fights for equality, even the UN I think uses this acronym.

For all most of the academic world, and us, who know better, it's a continuum, but, for the world you're one of LGBT.

Comment

Well..Wikipedia put it all on the map, quite clearly, for whoever has 10 minutes of spare time to read it all!
                Nevertheless, Ziggy, acceptance or not covers much, much more than LGBTs.
                I wasn' t accepted, hence discriminated, in several occasions, and still I am! So called "normal" people are not accepted in millions of cases too, and they don't even have a rainbow flag behind which they can parade and shout out.
                They the obese, the too short, the not-handsome/pretty ones, the ones who haven't studied at certain schools, and I don't need to go on this..
                Honestly, a LB/gay/etc.. has lots of problems in being accepted but trust me is not alone!

Comment

rxpharm has nailed it...

'Gays' (whatever the fuck that means!) are wearing their sexuality on a badge to show the world who and what they are. They want the public to recognise them as equal AND gay!

Transgendered people are (usually) just men who want to be left alone to live as women.

But for those that want to fight the good fight (and it's pretty much all Westerners) then the transgendered community have aligned themselves with 'the gay movement' to get their voice heard.

Comment

My Thai LB gf did her degree in English in a good BKK Uni dressed as the girl she is, and where I used to live I often saw cutie looking LBs in University dress...

I have always been curious, gays, lesbians and transgendered PPL have there own label, but what is a guy, like me, who does not fancy guys, does not have sex with real girls, or fancy pussy??? my gay friends call me st8...my st8 friends say bi or gay! I don't really bi like though, cos it seems to suggest I will have sex with guys or girls, basically anyone on 2 legs which could not be futher from the truth!

I don't really mind not having a catagory or label, but just curious about what ppl think?

Comment

There have been several discussions about this on the Forum before, the latest being this here: Gay or Not?

There is no clear answer to this, but certainly guys who prefer lbs are not gay, but bi doesn't seem to fit really either. Really what matters is how you view yourself - if you accept it there really is no need for a label/term.

This is borne out by the fact that gays certainly do not prefer lbs as their partners.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

labels suck......last thing we need in an attempt towards equality.........ALOHA
                        ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(divertwo @ Jan. 18 2007,04:50)   labels suck......last thing we need in an attempt towards equality.........ALOHA
                          That's right! What for being labelled by the way? Leave that to the food in the shelves
                          Take myself for example..
                          I'm a BDSMer, heavy fetishist, who doesn't like men but likes LBs, and goes daily with women.
                          A twisted fuck perhaps?

Comment

Welcome s_jon... your story has parallels with my own...

Labels are a useful tool for the ignorant.

(This includes all 'experts!')

Comment

Talking to a guy the other day about LB & he said "You'd have to be Gay not to love em".

Comment

Working...
                              X