Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stogie, I'm taking your advice and beinsensitive to your once again condescending feedback, which is very odd for someone who runs the site, in my opinion. I don't understand why there is some thrill in thrashing someone. If I made a mistake, why not just say, "I think you missed 2 posts Ziggy."

Anyhow, on the one view that there is something genetic in Thais, I think that can be disproven because Thais generally are descendents of China, Burma, Cambodia, Laos. At least from one history book written by a Thai, there weren't really 'aboriginal' Thais, they are more a formation of these source groups. And, if you extend from that, we should see the same number of transgenders in those countries, which isn't the case.

Don't believe the farmers farming LBs. Just visit some current families and you'll realize how far that is from the truth. I've visited 3, not a whopping study, but in those 3, the last thing on that father's mind was to hope for a LB in the family. From other guys who've sent me e-mails about visiting families, they had the same experience.

Comment

Gentlemen, I thought I'll throw in my two cents worth here.
      I've lived in South East Asia for the better part of the nearly fifty years of my life.
      Throughout Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand I can safely vouch that you will not see more transgenders than in Thailand.
      Why? Well as someone mentioned earlier the tolerance of the Buddhist religion and the fact that the drugs, access to knowledge of how to look feminine and public acceptance.
      Acceptance? Yes, don't forget many Asians want "face" and when asked a question which they feel will cause them to lose face, they would rather lie than express their true feelings.
      Cases in point - 1. I asked a few buddies whether they would sleep with a ladyboy, And their answer was a definite no no! But imagine their embarrassment when I caught them lurking around ladyboy areas and pretended to be "passing by".
      2. I belong to a Singapore forum on sex and contribute regularly to the ladyboy section. Over the past two years I've had many PMs asking for information from people who posted anti ladyboy remarks but still asked me for information on them!
      So this is my contention - many Asians secretly admire ladyboys but dare not do so openly.
      So don't ask most Asians what they think of transgendered or ladyboys, see what they do instead.
      http://asianladyboy.blogspot.com

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Nov. 06 2006,22:23) -There is also a genetic factor, whereby many Thai males can look feminine
        I have a gut feeling that this would be a very strong factor although i doubt if the only one as these subjects are pretty complex .

Over the last couple of weeks i met up with 8 different Ladyboys in BKK and Pattaya and  was amazed that three of my LB friends were not even on hormones but had form that a western women would kill for( except they had no tits yet, but still).

just look at Mikee, no 82 in Obs, she dont take hormones and said that she never has done. hard to believe that someone so Ladylike is really still a normal guy with lipstick....practically a woman and almost no effort so it seems

so the shear size of easier opportunities for M to F transformation could give rise to a bigger numbers

Comment

(razrman @ Jan. 05 2007,21:46) So this is my contention - many Asians secretly admire ladyboys but dare not do so openly.
          I think this is the case on all races but i dont see how it has a bearing here

Comment

(razrman @ Jan. 05 2007,21:46) Yes, don't forget many Asians want "face" and when asked a question which they feel will cause them to lose face, they would rather lie than express their true feelings.
            Cases in point - 1. I asked a few buddies whether they would sleep with a ladyboy, And their answer was a definite no no! But imagine their embarrassment when I caught them lurking around ladyboy areas and pretended to be "passing by".
            2. I belong to a Singapore forum on sex and contribute regularly to the ladyboy section. Over the past two years I've had many PMs asking for information from people who posted anti ladyboy remarks but still asked me for information on them!
            So this is my contention - many Asians secretly admire ladyboys but dare not do so openly.
            So don't ask most Asians what they think of transgendered or ladyboys, see what they do instead.
            I don't think the phenomenon you are quoting applies only to Asians...if this board is any indication, you are probably dealing mostly with Yanks or Euros...
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(Tomcat @ Jan. 06 2007,01:37)
              (razrman @ Jan. 05 2007,21:46) So this is my contention - many Asians secretly admire ladyboys but dare not do so openly.
              I think this is the case on all races but i dont see how it has a bearing here
              Well-said Tomcat. I also don't think it's right for us to assume that "many" guys are in to ladyboys. We are, sure, but I'm positive that many of my guy friends would take a pass. It's just not their thing.
              I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
              X