Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Thep Pratunam Polyclinic Bangkok

Hi everyone.
    I'm a pre-op TS from the UK visiting Bangkok this December for approx 4 weeks.  
    I've had surgery there before with Dr Pichet, who was excellent, but I want to use Dr Thep this time, who I have heard is very reasonable with his charges and has done surgery on a lot of Tgirls and Ladyboys.
    I've seen mixed reports online-some good, some not so good.
    Has anyone got any experience with him or heard anything at all?
    Thank you so much.
    Chrissy xxx
    My Webpage

why would you take your chances if some of the reports were not so good, when you already have visited a doctor who gave you a satisfying result?

Comment

A very warm welcome to you Chrissytgirl from Asian TS

Comment

Thank you very much Bam.
        You are so beautiful ..I am very jealous

Comment

(olekunde @ Nov. 22 2006,20:26) why would you take your chances if some of the reports were not so good, when you already have visited a doctor who gave you a satisfying result?
          Well, really because he is a lot cheaper and also I know a lot of Ladyboys have been to him.

Comment

(chrissytgirl @ Nov. 22 2006,20:10) Thank you very much Bam.
            You are so beautiful   ..I am very jealous
            Heheheh ...Oh thats not me... That's Noon my Ladyboy girlfriend in Bangkok.

Comment

(chrissytgirl @ Nov. 22 2006,21:13)
              (olekunde @ Nov. 22 2006,20:26) why would you take your chances if some of the reports were not so good, when you already have visited a doctor who gave you a satisfying result?
              Well, really because he is a lot cheaper and also I know a lot of Ladyboys have been to him.
              i would take my chances buying a cheaper meal, but no fucking way i would take my chances when it comes to surgery. as a westerner you should afford top-notch. in the long run choosing a cheaper doctor could cost you alot more money and harm to your health.

Comment

Totally wrong. Price does not equal quality in this field, in Thailand.

Chrissy, please start by reading my articles in www.silk-angels.com.

As for Dr. Thep, whom I've visited twice, and know about 100 girls who have used him for IMPLANTS, his work is absolutely undeniable, i.e., good. I would venture, far better than 90,000-100,000 charges from Chettawut and Bumrungrad.

What you give up with Dr.Thep is a beautiful clinic, and an overnight stay with morphine, in a hospital. If you can hack local anaesthetic, a scrubby clinic, there are few Doctors on this planet as good as Thep for breast implants. I cannot say anything about other ops, but for implants, there is zero doubt.

There is also another clinic I've been promoting and growing in use in the Bangkok Ladyboy scene called Beautiful Clinic. Sorry but I can't get the damn address or phone and haven't visited Doctors there YET. I will, soon enough.

But I really want to dispel the misnomer that PRICE = QUALITY in plastic surgery in Bangkok.

The truth is PRICE = CLINIC COSTS + FOREIGNER SURCHARGING + WEB-SITE MARKETING COSTS in Bangkok. It has nothing to do with Doctor's skills.

Let me demonstrate that simply. Every doctor I visited charged 2 times the price for a foreigner vs a local. Dr. Thep was the only one to have only one flat rate "local" price, i.e., 45,000 for breast implants. So you can compare that 45,000 with 90,000 from morons like Chettawut and Bumrungrad hostpital, because they double the price if your skin is white. Happy now that the price is elevated and therefore "good quality"?

Sorry, but I'm a bit emotional on this topic.

Comment

Dear Ziggy.
                  Thank you so much hunni. You have really confirmed what I suspected...that locals get very different prices to Farangs.
                  I did write to Dr Thep and asked him many questions, which he answered very courteously and fairly quickly.
                  One question was would I have local or general anaesthetic and I'm sure he answered that it would be general...but from what you say, it wouldn't be?
                  Do you know any Tgirls that have face or brow lifts Ziggy?
                  I have to say you have given me much more confidence in his services-especially after Olekunde's tounge lashing!
                  I always suspected that a large element of Doctor's prices went towards their glitzy clinics-which they definitely are!
                  Thank you so much once again,
                  Luv,
                  Chrissy xxx

Comment

....any information on that other clinic you mentioned Ziggy (Beautiful Clinic) would be great.
                    Chrissy xxx
                    http://www.chrissytgirl.multiply.com

Comment

Let me demonstrate that simply. Every doctor I visited charged 2 times the price for a foreigner vs a local. Dr. Thep was the only one to have only one flat rate "local" price, i.e., 45,000 for breast implants
                      are you going to have breast implants?

either way, a bad doc in bkk is probably equal or better than a mediocre or good doc in the west, in this field, maybe, what do i know. but since they cut cocks and pump young boys full of gel and silicon on daily basis, they should know how to do it.

Comment

Some things to consider - if a clinic only offers local anesthesia, they are saving the costs of having an anesthetist on staff. Also typically a place that offers general anesthesia must have full life support resuscitation equipment. There are not many clinics even in North America that are fully equipped for that. So again this would reduce the costs if only local anesthesia was provided.

You do get what you pay for - I imagine that Dr. Thep is skilled and certainly photos of his results look excellent, but will you want to have the procedure done only under local anesthetic with little or no advanced resuscitation equipment?

I am not advocating one way or the other, but be aware of important details before you make up your mind. As in so many things in life Caveat Emptor!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

On the recommendation of a friend, my former girlfriend chose to forgo many good doctors in her home country (Philippines) to travel to Dr Thep in June of this year
                          for her implants

I accompanied her to both the consultation appointment as well as the procedure, and remained in Bangkok for the mandatory 7-day recovery and monitoring period (after which the doctor will remove sutures and allow you to leave the country)

All previous information in this thread is accurate save the concerns about 'resuscitation equipment' and pricing structure

The clinic is well equipped despite its somewhat seedy appearance (I did notice a defibrillator in the operating room, by the way) and has only one price for both farang and Thai patients

Concerns about local as opposed to general anesthesia can be answered only by you

My former girlfriend took surgery under local anesthesia well - she experienced no pain, little discomfort, and was quite able to walk out of the clinic to a taxi with me after the mandatory 4 hour monitoring period in the post-operation recovery room

The next LB in line for implants (Dr Thep does as many as 6 chests a day) was not as courageous, however

This girl screamed from the moment the local anesthetic needle went in, and did not quit until the supervising nurse (ar the direction of the doctor) put a towel in her mouth to bite down on and so shut her up

Sitting just outside in the recovery room with my friend, the scene was both comical and sad

While it is understandably difficult for the doctor to make precise movements of scalpel and fingers with the distraction of a hysterically screaming patient, the idea of a towel being stuffed in one's mouth seemed a bit primitive nevertheless

In this aspect you get what you pay for with Dr Thep

If the setting in the clinic is a bit Third World, however, you will - as Ziggy and others have said - get a First World result from Dr Thep

With the proviso that you (or your girlfriend) are rigorous and attentive to the post-operative massage procedure that Dr Thep stipulates, the implants will settle nicely after about a month to a soft, natural, and wholly pleasing look and feel

A Beverly Hills surgeon charging USD 8,000 could do no better

This - and the inexpensive price of 45,000 TB - is the reason that more LBs go to Ma Thep for their breast implants than any other

As they say, choose wisely - and all the best to you

Comment

I should add that I know nothing of Dr Thep's expertise with respect to facial surgery

My .02 USD worth - I would not recommend succumbing to the temptation of a 'package' procedure in ANY single clinic or hospital for either ease or convenience

Rather, do your homework, take your time, and go to the best for each procedure you desire

Good luck

Comment

A huge thank you to everyone who has given me such useful advice about Dr Thep. What a great group this is.
                              I'm DEFINITELY going to see him when I'm in BKK next month.
                              While on that subject, Ill be in Bangkok for all of December and although I know there are countless LB bars (I hate them, they are so beautiful...lol) does anyone know of bars (preferably near Silom Rd/Surawong Rd where Ill be staying) that western TS/TV girls go?
                              Thank you,
                              Chrissy xxx Http://www.Chrissytgirl.multiply.com

Comment

Working...
                              X