X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Human Rights

Anyone know if Thailand has a human rights code that includes transgenders? For example, it is legal to discriminate against LBs by not hiring them if they are qualified or rejecting them entrance to a restaurant or bar?

I know of 3 places that reject LBs. "Lucifers" in Pattaya. The "Brew House" in Pattaya, and "Nana Disco" in Bangkok.

In Hong Kong, LBs are rejected in virtually all bars in Wan Chai.

I have been toying with the idea of e-mail, mail, blogs and physical paper against these places. For example, send non-stop mail, e-mail, blog posting to the owners of Lucifers, the ignorant cunts.

As a side note, I work at a new company recently and they have a clause in their code of ethics which protects transgenders, but says nothing about transgender lovers! At least it's a step forward.

As a rookie outsider I have no idea...but in my wanderings the other day I found this short article (albeit a little outdated) that dicussses Thai LB rights or lack of rights regarding rape, the military, etc...

http://web.archive.org/web....ttp
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

As a private business they are allowed to admit and deny who they like. That's as it should be.

It's a shame that in the west private businesses are dictated to by an insane minority on what they can and can't do.

If a place doesn't want me I'll find a place that does. If a place doesn't want my girld\friend then I'll find a place that does. If they allow smoking or drugs then I'll find a place that doesn't. If the golf course turns down my membership application I'll find a course that won't!

Do you know why Nana Disco doesn't like ladyboys in their disco? I'm sure you do and if the management of said club want to protect the punters from a few theiving aggressive ladyboys they they should be allowed to do so.

It's a case of being tarred with the same brush. It sucks but that's life.

Your rebellious ambitions would be better harvested in promoting the image of ladyboys and fighting their cause rather than forcing businesses up against the wall with demands they won't listen to.

Comment

Mmmm, in Japan white people are not allowed in a very, very large number of establishments. Not many people know that. BTW, I've lived in Japan for most of this year.

In the US in the 1960s, blacks were not allowed in most.

The idea that discrimination is ok, is not acceptable by most people in the world, but in particular, by those being discriminated against!

They only reason you are ok with it, is because they aren't discriminating you in a most or a large number of places.

I can assure the LBs at Jenny Star fume and feel insulted at Lucifers, about 20m away from their bar, much as I am insulted that as a perfectly representable, adequately funded person, I can't go to many bars in Ginza; they say cute things like "Oh sorry, Japanese", and smile profusely as they insult you.

Discrimination in any form has no place in Thailand or anywhere else.

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Nov. 08 2006,20:24) places that reject LBs. "Lucifers" in Pattaya.
          I recall Lucifers being busted about 2 years back... might have been for drugs. I'm sure they passed the blame onto the ladyboys and just banned the lot.

The other reason might be that some of the guys going into these places have no idea that these hot as hell girls have a cock and maybe the clubs feel they are protecting their customers from the shocking truth€¦ and don't want to get a bad rap as a place where you might take home a chick with a dick and not know about it until it's too late.

Comment

Discrimination in any form has no place in Thailand or anywhere else.
            We'll have to agree to disagree then. Humans are discriminatory by their nature and liberal politics and mumbo-jumbo legislation won't change a thing.

I have no problems at all being barred because I'm white in places where whites are the minority. It's really simple to me... I go to places where I'm not barred!

I am insulted that as a perfectly representable, adequately funded person...
            Are you saying that the Jappos should discriminate only agianst the poor whites and not the adaquately funded ones? Hmmm...

Comment

"Humans are discriminatory by their nature" ... and Asians in particluar! Ziggy is totally right with Japan and our Thai friends are well known anyway for being  xenophobic bastards!! And look what happened to the Chinese in Malaysia in 69 - and they were not even a real minority. Same happened to the Chinese in Singapore and Indonesia. And India - the cast system is officially over and it's actually so not!
              Stogie, you are mixing private rights and legislation. It's not about what one bar owner does - it's about what the government doesn't do! Of course anyone can do with his own club/ bar etc. what he wants - as long as there is no jurisdiction that tells him differently (otherwise we'd have quite a lot of bars in the US that wouldn't allow afro americans having a beer).  
              That's exactly the point. There is no law to prevent this kind of racism (and if there is one nobody gives a shit!) in those 3rd world countries! That's why they are 3rd world - and Japan a country with medieval social structures.
              It's just not 21st century to ban a minority from a club/ hotel/ etc. If you can't handle it as a club owner, you should lose your license, because in all other civilized nations on this planet those things work pretty well. And if some lb yaba junkies make a mess - send them to jail, same as any other guy - but that justifies in no way to ban all lb's - that's pure racism!
              It's the government's duty to take care of that - that's what you pay them for! (And the taxes in Thailand are not even low - but you get the impression you're only funding the datchas of some minister assholes!)
              That was also my point in the other thread that I hijacked to talk about LB rights (sorry for that!) Those countries give a bloody shit about minorities and this is totally unacceptable - otherwise we wouldn't have learned anything in the last 100 years!

MK
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

If you can't handle it as a club owner, you should lose your license, because in all other civilized nations on this planet those things work pretty well.
                So you are saying that private clubs should be told who to let in and deny entry too? Hmmm... Actually I don't think this multi-ethnic integration thing is working as well as you think. And Asian countries are NOT third world because they are prejudiced and discrimanatory.

Third world countries are poor because of bad management, pure and simple.

I'm sorry to disagree but this attitude of intolerance that Asian countries have works fine for me. They begrudgingly allow a few in to work or send money etc, but their attitude is that the blacks have their black places to live in and the whites have their white places to hang in and we have Asia to fight over!

They wouldn't dream of adopting this liberal 'free for all' open door policy of letting in millions of dirty criminals. In the last 15 years Europe has turned into a modern day mecca for criminals spongers and lazy bastards.

Long live Asia and it's prejudices. I for one am very happy to live here and be excluded from their clubs!

I used to pay my government to keep the foreigners out and protect me from criminals and keep me safe... They failed me, so I left.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Nov. 09 2006,03:29) As a private business they are allowed to admit and deny who they like. That's as it should be.

It's a shame that in the west private businesses are dictated to by an insane minority on what they can and can't do.
                  Only if it a Private Members Club. Otherwise they cannot refuse entry on the grounds of race/sex/gender
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

We're trivializing a minor incident vs a major concept.

To not be let in a bar is not the end of the world.

But Stogie, are you ok that LBs are not allowed to work in some private companies, or maybe that they work and get underpaid because they are LB, or perhaps that they get fired because someone complains of a LB. Or are you ok that a University doesn't permit a LB?

If you can do it on a smale scale (entrance to a bar), then you can do it on a big scale..

This is why I feel strongly about the small stuff, because it implies the big stuff is also ok.

Comment

But Stogie, are you ok that LBs are not allowed to work in some private companies, or maybe that they work and get underpaid because they are LB, or perhaps that they get fired because someone complains of a LB. Or are you ok that a University doesn't permit a LB?
                      What private companies are you talking about? Who ever got fired because someone complained about them? What universities do NOT accept transgendered people?

Are ladyboys blameless? Does their behaviour make other people feel uncomfortable? Are they qualified to do the jobs that they are getting turned down for? Are they underpaid? Compared to who and by how much?

Like I said before... You won't achieve changes by arbitrarily attacking the companies and universities and the government. The more educated, smarter ladyboys manage to find their way in life just as migrants and gays and other frowned upon minorities do.

I'm of the opinion that private companies should hire who they damn well please and not have to have a quota for cripples and other expensive nonsense. The same with private universities. Who the hell should tell them who they can and cannot enrol in their courses?

Private means private. It may not be very PC and all that crap, but no one tells me who I should be friends with...

Next thing you know ladyboy sites will have to have a minimum amount of real girl models because the fucking hippos are feeling neglected and their feelings hurt, or we'll have to start doing photo shoots of fucking muslim trannies because AsianTS wouldn't be Asian without these ugly dogs!

It's an unfair world. Tough shit.

Comment

I think blacks in America might disagree with you.

Ditto for handicapped people world-wide.

And about 1000 other people whose lives are protected by laws.

You are very alone in this view.

Comment

Working...
                        X