X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladyboys voice

In another thread Ziggy mentioned that some ladyboys will use their male voice on the phone with friends.

Is this cause it's so much work to disguise their voice? I guess it varies from ladyboy to ladyboy.

How about post-ops? If one is willing to make the "ultimate sacrifice", I would think they'd be disgusing their voice.

Do hormones affect the throat at all?

My POP friends has very similar voices to those of PROPs, and when they want to joke they pull out a deep masculine voice.
    It's very much an individual thing from what I have seen and not related to anything.
    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Yeah it's funny how their voices can change when you get them on the phone. You're hearing this deep husky voice and you're thinking in your mind.... who's the guy I'm talking too? did I call the wrong number?

Comment

During my first encounter with Aoh, she told me that if a girl appears very beautiful, chances are she's a ladyboy.

IMHO, even if a ladyboy has achieved "stealth" mode, her extreme desire to be passable, feminine, AND beautiful, usually turns against her and reveal her as a ladyboy. I can only speak on my own experience...my own little darling.

When I first saw her, I was stunned!(Bias view, I know) She has a tiny feminine body frame, no adams apple, no masculine facial features(ie: square jaw, high brow ridge), very nicely enhanced breasts, and a voice that I considered not masculine- more like neutral on the feminine side. This was more than 2 years ago.

She has since had more surgeries- even with my assurance that she is beautiful and doesn't need any more enhancements. So, despite her abilitly to "pass", she still stands out as a ladyboy because of her over-enhancements- her slightly larger than normal breasts, facial surgeries which don't quite fit with her features...

Anyway, I still love her - love is indeed blind. Or, as someone once told me: Love is not "because of", but "in spite of".

Any critiques or comments?

Ronin

Comment

Originally posted by (ronin @ Mar. 24 2006,09:08)
          Anyway, I still love her - love is indeed blind.  Or, as someone once told me:  Love is not "because of", but "in spite of".  

Ronin
          Well..no comments..really..just nice to read that!
          Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Mar. 24 2006,05:39)
            In another thread Ziggy mentioned that some ladyboys will use their male voice on the phone with friends.

Is this cause it's so much work to disguise their voice?  I guess it varies from ladyboy to ladyboy.

How about post-ops?  If one is willing to make the "ultimate sacrifice", I would think they'd be disgusing their voice.

Do hormones affect the throat at all?
            Hello PigDogg,

When they are talking to complete strangers or those they don't know so well - like anyone they are on their guard and thus remember to keep their voice feminine. This applies on or off the phone.
            When they are talking to close friends or family they will be relaxed and forget to maintain the front.  There have been a few times when like Ziggy I have been listening to the different voice depending who is on the phone  

Do hormones affect the voice - in my (limited) experience no.   The voice box (adam's apple) is cartilage so I doubt very much that it's size can be changed with hormones or even surgery.

Yes I know that they can 'shave' the outside so that it's less apparent - but I don't think it can actually be reduced in size.    The internal size will affect the tone of the voice.

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

In some sick way it turns me on.I guess cuz i know im talking to a ladyboy an i can tell???

Comment

It's pretty simple. The female voice is fake. Doing something fake takes a little energy.

Try taking a few LBs out together one night. I've done it several times. They all take "relaxaed", i.e., their real voices, and then if a farang calls, it suddenly goes up 2 octaces to the fake female voice.

Some get throat surgery but very few that I know. I hear it is extremely painful.

Comment

There is a difference between the "tracheal shave" procedure which reduces the size of the Adam's apple, and the vocal cord tightening procedure which will raise the pitch of the speaking voice.  Tracheal shaves will not have an affect on the pitch of the voice as RR correctly stated.  Vocal cord tightening on the other hand will change the pitch of voice, making it become more feminine, without the effort needed to produce a feminine pitch.  The vocal cord procedure is much more difficult and risky than a tracheal shave - one mistake and the patient can permanently lose their voice.  There are very few Thai or western  surgeons who can perform this procedure.  

I would speculate that the acquisition of a feminine voice likely depends when hormones are started.  The earlier the hormones are started (at proper doses), the more feminine the voice.  I would say that starting at 11-16 would likely produce a more feminine voice, before the testosterone changes the vocal cords.  The younger generation of lbs often start hormones at a very young age, so we should expect their voices to be more feminine as long as they are taking effective doses of hormones and also not overdosing to avoid the side effects of taking too much.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                  Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread
                  New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                  Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Hello rxpharm,

thanks for that reply.  i was not aware of the vocal cord operation.

as i understand it though  -  basically the vocal cords themseves produce the middle and upper range of the voice and the size/shape of the voicebox the lower.
                    i assume that the lower timbre will still be there so still a potential giveaway?

i do know of one tracheal shave operation that will it did not appear to affect the overall tone of the voice does seem to have affected the range slightly.  in short while they could sing before  -  they cannot now  

again from limited experience  -  most of the girls i have met up with in thailand seem to have started taking hormones around or even after the onset of puberty. most of them say they have never consulted a doctor about it .
                    i understand from what i've read that in brazil they often start taking them around the age of 9 or 10.

rr.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

Hormones don't effect the voice! If you have a dark voice - it stays with you! No matter if you shave your adams apple or if you've been on hormones for 10 years. The exception might be, as rexpharm said, that if you start your treatment before puberty, the voice might not change. At least that sounds quite logical and all the girls I know who started that early do have high pitched fem voices!
                      The only thing hormones do is they can make the voice husky which might lead to the impression of having a higher voice.
                      Having a vocal chord operation is a very delicate one indeed, with quite poor results. I know one TS who did it and her voice now sounds like a robot....scary!!
                      Best example maybe is chompoo. One of the most fem looking tgirls I've ever seen....but the voice!!!! On the other hand there is this miracle with the PI tgirls who have in general extremely fem voices (Trisha for example!)....??? Anyone has an answer on that???

MK
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

(falang_y2k @ Mar. 26 2006,07:39)

same same
                        Yeah I'm seeing that too using an old Netscape 7. What browser are you guys using? Firefox I bet?

Comment

(Bam @ Mar. 26 2006,07:47)
                          (falang_y2k @ Mar. 26 2006,07:39)

same same
                          Yeah I'm seeing that too using Netscape 7. What browser are you guys using?
                          seems to only happen when someone does a quote of q quote... seems to cause a format error in Netscape.

Comment

(ronin @ Mar. 24 2006,09:08) Anyway, I still love her - love is indeed blind.  Or, as someone once told me:  Love is not "because of", but "in spite of".  

Bad idea to fall in love with a prostitute.

Comment

(sangabriel @ Mar. 26 2006,07:59)
                              (ronin @ Mar. 24 2006,09:08) Anyway, I still love her - love is indeed blind.  Or, as someone once told me:  Love is not "because of", but "in spite of".  

Bad idea to fall in love with a prostitute.

Love is NEVER bad....Falling in Love with someone and Loving someone is ALWAYS a good thing....I can't imagine how it could ever be bad.....Even if it only last for a minute, it makes the World a better place and it makes all of us better people....
                              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X