X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Money To Thailand - A Contrarian Viewpoint

Hey, guys, I got my hip-high boots on in order to wade through this contoversial shitty topic of 'GIVING MONEY' while not being in Thailand.
    On the face of it, the whole thing is stupid, right?
    Well, yes and no.
    If the Thai ladyboy-hustler works in such dens of charitable giving like Kings Castle Three and tells you such wonderfully creative stories like, 'mama needs food, sister needs gonorrhea medication, brother needs a lobotomy, I need a beauty salon, so send me plenty of monthly money while you are gone and I will never tell you about the other Westerners I will be conning out of their hard-earned money while you are busting your butt for me in the States working three jobs and living in dumps', well, gentlemen, you know what to do with people like her (delete her increasingly frantic and demanding emails, etc.).
    However, other situations with other types of ladyboys can arise and you MIGHT wish to react differently.
    Example: you meet someone your really like (forget the word LOVE) and you wish to keep in contact with her while you are back in the States, the UK, or wherever.
    Would I send such a person OCCASIONAL gifts (SMALL) gifts of money, etc.?
    POSSIBLY.
    Why?
    Simply to keep in her good graces, keep in touch, with no thought of any sort of "relationship", etc.
    Simply to better my chances of her treating me well when I return.
    Do I recommend this?
    No, not really.
    Do I condemn this? No, as long as YOU  are not in any way deluded by such murky concepts as "love", "marriage", "health", "future", etc.
    Do it if you want to do it; NEVER LET YOURSELF BE PRESSURED.
    There are plenty more from where she came from.
    And that is a FACT.
    Oh, yes, NEVER LOAN MONEY. Occasional small gifts may be fine. AND NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.
    Mr. Lonely

my general rule..........if a girl ASKS me for money while I am away from Thailand, she will never get a dime. If I FEEL like sending money to a friend of 'girlfriend', I will do it on my own.

the moment a girl thinks she will recieve money from me for doing nothing is the day she has to look in the mirror and ask herself "why"?

Jon

Comment

I have sent money and small gifts to a girl I've been writing to for more than a year, she's never ask for anything and would never given her anything if she had, have hear every sad story possible from exotic dancers here in the US. But i know you need to spend something if your going to get any attention in a bar here or there. I see it as insurance. Like must Americans i waste alot of money every week and don't have a clue where it's gone, so sending some there is rally no differrent. as long as it dosen't get out of control, you don't want a another depended there.

Comment

RMF has a good point... Thais just love gifts and surprises. Spending a little of your 'disposable' is indeed a good insurance. But although the gifts and trinkets are very nice almost all the girls we will meet on vacation are in it for the cash. Which is fair enough... Most visitors are in it for the sex!

Comment

I'm afraid I'm too much of a butterfly to be giving presents and hand outs to any of them! But as they say in LOS - "up to you"!

Damn it is 10 weeks till I get back to BKK - butterfly kingdom here I come!

Comment

Working...
          X