First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

once a year for the last 3 years
    jeffreyscott

Comment

(Stewart @ Mar. 30 2008,15:14) Self employed, online business......so can work the hours I want from wherever I want as long as I have broadband  
      same, same ..... can work from anywhere in the world and don't even NEED broadband, dial-up would do.

so ....why am I stuck in the most boring, expensive, culturally-devoid country, suffering through a recession/depression with a prez who is an idiot and with freezing temps, no beach and no nightlife or any cute ladies to fuck??      

I've been told I'll be rewarded in heaven for my good deeds and taking care of my commitments here ...... but I'd prefer to be rewarded in Thailand some day  
      Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
      -Dennis Miller

Comment

2 to 3 times a year....always in march , august,november
        for 15 days and always stay at the same hotel in bkk.
        (for the past 10 years)

Comment

Working in the middle east has some benefits - more holidays and no taxes - so I am able to visit LOS 3-4 times a year, besides being able to visit family back home.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Up until recently I have been to LOS about 5-6 times each year.

Unfortunately my present employers seem to have different ideas so it has been rather less recently.     I'm now looking for a new job!

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

(Stewart @ Mar. 30 2008,15:14) Self employed, online business......so can work the hours I want from wherever I want as long as I have broadband oops:
              Stew, again just being curious here ..... if you can work anywhere then I presume you can also "Live" anywhere? So, if you like going to Thailand so much and it's cheaper and has more ladyboys and diving and other things that you like more than where you are now, why don't you just get it over with and move up the road a bit??

as the temps finally crawl out out of the 30's here for the first time in 5 months.....
              -Dennis Miller

Comment

(buttafly @ Mar. 31 2008,20:55)
                (Stewart @ Mar. 30 2008,15:14) Self employed, online business......so can work the hours I want from wherever I want as long as I have broadband oops:
                Stew, again just being curious here ..... if you can work anywhere then I presume you can also "Live" anywhere? So, if you like going to Thailand so much and it's cheaper and has more ladyboys and diving and other things that you like more than where you are now, why don't you just get it over with and move up the road a bit??
                The flaw in your argument is the phrase "more than you like now".

I like Singapore a lot. I like the organisation, the infrastructure, the law and order, the lack or corruption, etc, etc.....and I can enough of the things I like here, or by jumping on a plane to the Philippines or Thailand.

I had a chance to relocate to thailand with my previous job, and I made a conscious decision to stay in Singapore.

I like visiting Thailand. I am not convinced I would want to live there.
                Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ Mar. 31 2008,21:50) I like visiting Thailand. I am not convinced I would want to live there.
                  same, same; I think I'd get bored in Thailand after a while..... in a perfect world it would be 6 mos there and 6 mos in a western country; Amsterdam was my original thought but they only have like 3 months of good weather!

high season in Thailand and summers in Europe somewhere, maybe Italy? Time will tell.....
                  -Dennis Miller

Comment

I'm from Singapore as well. And I'll much prefer to do weekends in LOS than long trips. Usually, I get hit very hard by the blues as well as a major case of catch up with work during longer trips.

But I met with FF recently and he's been convincing in suggesting a longer trip of some 1-2 weeks. I hear he's planning a quarter's worth.

Back to Steward, if he was on an expat package, wouldn't it be better for him to work in SG or HK, and take weekend trips to LOS or Bali, rather than be located in LOS itself?
                    Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

well as i live in Asia i visit once every 4-6 weeks, keeps me sane.....!!

Comment

Living in the UAE but with a house in Thailand, I am thinking of the option of six there and six here. OK< the sand pit is a pain in the ring at times but with tax free gigs and places to stay when I come over here then the 6/6 might just be a workable option.

Back to the topic - around 4-5 a year...

Comment

Back to Steward, if he was on an expat package, wouldn't it be better for him to work in SG or HK, and take weekend trips to LOS or Bali, rather than be located in LOS itself?
                          If you have a big expat job/package, chances are you work 16 hours a day 5 days a week, and so the number of weekends you could actually get away would be limited.

I have the flexibility to go exactly when I want and how often I want within reasonable financial constraints ie not spending 25k baht per day like Matsushita or whatever his name is.

If I could have the expat salary and package and the flexibility, of course that would be ideal......but pretty hard to get that combination.

But no way would I swap living in Spore for living in Thailand
                          Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ Mar. 30 2008,11:17) 15-20

Split between Thailand and the Philippines, 4-5 day long weekends

YOU PRICK!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Apr. 07 2008,10:38)
                              (Stewart @ Mar. 30 2008,11:17) 15-20

Split between Thailand and the Philippines, 4-5 day long weekends

YOU PRICK!
                              Thank you for the compliment
                              Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ Apr. 01 2008,21:18) If I could have the expat salary and package and the flexibility, of course that would be ideal......but pretty hard to get that combination.
                                Well, living in Singapore nowadays is not cheap at all, and if you can afford all those trips in one year, you must be doing quite well already even without the expat package.

However, expat packages are no longer what they used to be many years ago, when I was on one myself. Today you got companies asking your blood for relatively small money. Maybe not in the financial or IT sector but in all other sectors it is often becoming the case.
                                Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X