• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, last week does not count at all.
    Its only for Songkran this week
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ Apr. 13 2008,00:55) They don't count Burmese either! I just found out 54 suffocated in a container between Ranong and Phuket last week with very little media coverage.
      Major coverage in the Bangkok Post...

Don't try to spin it in the negative...
      A young (58) retiree from the USA who enjoys both GGs and LBs. In BKK its Guess Bar. In Pattaya it is Strings on Soi 13/1, so far. Best

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ Apr. 12 2008,23:55) They don't count Burmese either! I just found out 54 suffocated in a container between Ranong and Phuket last week with very little media coverage.
        Songkran is a suicidally Thai thing... Being suicidally desperate enough to risk life and limb for a shitty job here is more a Burmese thing.

(We have a thread on this incident in the 'Living in Thailand' forum...)

Comment

(deek50 @ Apr. 12 2008,17:14) This reminds me of a scene from one of the best war movies ever made Saving private Ryan.

The group looking for Private Ryan are sorting through piles of bloodied dog tags whilst other soldiers march past an observe their actions of throwing down the rejected names of the dead. Suddenly Tom Hanks playing the captain realizes the enormity of their actions and the effect on those witnessing the inhumanity of their comrade in arms.

I think we need a similar moment here and stop this now.

Maybe if your favourite LB is badly injured, disfigured or worse would that bring home the reality of a road traffic accident .

Maybe its because we are farang and distanced
          geographically from the counrty we can be so detached from people being killed, disabled or injured.

Maybe worse even some people who call themselves
          ladyboy lovers are also Thai haters only interested in the welfare of those Thai's who can accomodate their particular sexual preference and have no regard for anybody else.

It is right to warn people about the increased danger during Songkran and in turn hope to reduce accidents
          but to then turn it into this death lottery is wrong on any level.
          Without doubt it is also incredibly disrespectful to all Thai people and the many like myself who have an affinity to a wonderful people and culture.
          Their is much more to Thailand than drink and sex.

Whats next a dead pool for which forum member will
          get cancer ! ! !

We all make mistakes lets not continue with this one.
          (In an Aussie accent Rule number one?

(Help me out here, folks...)

Comment

(stogie bear @ Apr. 12 2008,16:25) (In an Aussie accent Rule number one?
            No Poofters!      

RR.    
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

May the good Lord bless you with a Wattle...

Rule number two?

Comment

NO POOFTERS ?

Comment

(Marty5915 @ Apr. 13 2008,00:49) NO POOFTERS ?
                  Correct! It's clear that you're no Sheila!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rule number 2 - No member of the faculty is to maltreat the "Abos" in any way whatsoever€”if there's anyone watching......

http://www.youtube.com/v/_f_p0CgPeyA&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/_f_p0CgPeyA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

RR.          
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

OK, Rule number three?

Comment

(Marty5915 @ Apr. 12 2008,16:49) NO POOFTERS     ?
                        No..... that's rule number 3 !

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

Well, yeah - that's as maybe, Bruce. But the point is Naaoow Poooofters!

Comment

I think you will find that's rule number 5....

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

I consider myself extremely saavy in all types of office pools.  The best strategy here is to pick last and go one higher than the highest or one lower than the lowest. An even better strategy is to avoid motobikes and mototaxis during Songkran.  Don't be a statistic.  

Comment

(deek50 @ Apr. 12 2008,03:14) Suddenly  Tom Hanks playing the captain realizes the enormity of their actions and the effect on those witnessing the inhumanity of their comrade in arms.
                                Inhumanity is a government that napalms Southeast Asian villages.   Inhumanity is a  system that permits buckets of water to be thrown at speeding motobikes causing death and dismemberment.

Dogtag disrespect, dead astronaut jokes, and contests like this one are merely distasteful.

Comment

Working...
                                X