X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friendly reminder...

Just a friendly reminder of a couple of our guidelines which will help readers of the forum enjoy it more...

1 - Posting pictures and links and YouTube video links is fine...

But PLEASE don't "Quote" them in subsequent posts. Pictures and YouTube links should appear only once in each thread.

This makes things easier and nicer for the reader and cuts down the page load time, too.

2 - Please don't "Quote" entire posts if they are long ones. I have deleted hundreds of these. Nobody wants to scroll through a long post twice!

3 - If you do nothing else please make sure you 'title' your threads so as to give us the best idea of what it is about.

I spend a good part of my time rewriting topic titles to make them easier to find in the search engines and also to let the reader know what you are on about.

Posts with simply "Help" or "Do you know this girl?" will be deleted. You won't be told why.

Also - topic titles that are misspelled or badly punctuated will be deleted.

If anyone has any other faux pas' they would like to add then feel free to write them here!

Stogie

But Stogie, sometimes we need "help"
    i love t-girls

Comment

(stogie bear @ Apr. 28 2008,02:20) Also  - topic titles that are misspelled or badly punctuated will be deleted.
      Isn't this a bit harsh?  Many of us speak English as second and even third language, so if you want to keep us on this board I do not think you should implement some kind of grammar/spelling police.

If spelling is such a big deal for the admins on this board I would suggest you open a German, French, Italian and Spanish section as well.

Much of the talk here is more or less social talk between people with the same interest.  If we need to spend 10 minutes on every topic to spell proof our posts I think we move in the wrong direction.
      Back in LOS in February  

Comment

(bbb2k2 @ Apr. 27 2008,22:25) If we need to spend 10 minutes on every topic to spell proof our posts I think we move in the wrong direction.
        Do you mean 'spell check' or 'proof read'?

Marks: 9/10 Could do better

I think you'll find that there is some leniency especially for those who speak English as a second/third/fourth language.

However, laziness and general nonsense will be treated without mercy.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Hehe, I added that one to prove my point...  

A bit of common sense is probably what needs to be used.  I will of course toss in a looser/loser once in a while just to adjust the blood pressure for a couple of you guys.  
          Back in LOS in February  

Comment

(Monkey @ Apr. 27 2008,23:46) Marks: 9/10 Could do better
            That is a bit harsh monkey, slap wrist's for you mate, it's not as if his spelling of our language is the American version.

His English is better than our's.    
            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Apr. 27 2008,23:19) His English is better than our's    
              Yes, it is.

In fact it's so good that he 'got' that I was just kidding with the marking.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

A bit of common sense is probably what needs to be used...
                Exactly. Lazy posts will be dumped and genuine mistakes will be overlooked.

The majority of people on this message board are sensible, educated and smart. This isn't AOL. It's not unreasonable to ask people to make an effort to present their posts in a manner that's easy to understand.

Who wants to waste their time scrolling through posts entitled... "can u help me pleez" or "do you know this ladyboy?" or "need contact info" or even worse... "interesting thing wot I found"?

I'm aware that English is a second language for many people. That's fine. But laziness won't get you results here.

Comment

I wish more people would write like Dieter.

No wait, I don't. I'd have an aneurysm from laughing so much.

Dieter is our language czar.

POL
                  Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(bbb2k2 @ Apr. 28 2008,07:25)  If we need to spend 10 minutes on every topic to spell proof our posts I think we move in the wrong direction.
                    I agree 100%.

The way we think of as proper English has long gone or is going fast and many people now write in what the Economist described in there magazine two weeks ago as Nomadic English ..and these are people for whom English is the first language..

Comment

I applaud Stogie for being a stickler for proper thread titles. There is nothing dumber than a topic list that looks more like a spam box than a forum, but most other sites this is common. Requoting entire posts is also dumb and I like getting rid of that practice too. But I think if someone's English is not that good is perfectly ok. I like hearing from those from other countries. Besides, there is a lot of British English used here and some of it I don't understand, and am still trying to catch on to British humor who the likes of Nang Faa seems to be a master of it.

If I had one complaint is many of the topics get too chatty. A few blokes trading posts over and over and not any useful information to anyone else.

Comment

(jadeite @ Apr. 28 2008,17:44) If I had one complaint is many of the topics get too chatty...
                        Chatty, eh? Well, you say that, but I was talking to a bloke down the Guess Bar the other day and he reckons that... funny story actually; his wife is half Thai and half idiot, but I digress... well, he reckons that...

You mean that sort of thing?

Comment

(stogie bear @ Apr. 28 2008,09:55)  You mean that sort of thing?    
                          No, I think both he and you mean this sort of thing:

(XXXXXX @ Apr. 28 2008,09:48)
                          (YYYYYY @ Apr. 27 2008,09:30)
                          (XXXXXX @ Apr. 27 2008,04:53)
                          (YYYYYY @ Apr. 26 2008,23:22) Would ya?
                          What.....?
                          You know, give her a back rub...
                          Me, i'd probably give her more than a back rub, maybe extra cream   darling.
                          I've made kathylc  

Comment

Well, I think we have to understand and be considerate to the majority of people that post here who are a million miles away from the action and for them; this is as good as it gets.

I'd rather follow a thread that veers off topic in a rational and thoughtful direction than have to wade through the flamers and children that pollute a lot of other forums.

Sure, some of the one liners can be a bit pointless, but that's a big part of why this community works so well...

Pointlessness!

But yes - I do understand what you mean about some threads that get 'chatty!'

Comment

Guilty of offence no.1 MeLud
                              It happened only yesterday...mind you I was awfully drunk at the time:
                              mea culpa (sic)
                              When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy...poverty

Comment

Working...
                              X