X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do our friends  hook?

I have heard it at least 50 times from ladyboys when we talk about hooking; "  What else can I do?"  and still to this day I only know ONE ladyboy  with a real job, the girl we also use as an example of the  ONLY girl who has been in a monogomous relationship for more than a few months, the lovely Kui   who happens to share  her bed with our forum moderator  Stogie.  Unless you can  count cabaret as a real job; at least it's not hooking but a lot of those  girls will work on the side to suppliment  their incomes.   so here are the options for ladyboys  in Bangkok; it's similar in other big Thai cities;

Hooking.  Girls can make  anywhere from  10,000 to 60,000  baht monthly in BKK  doing this, depending on where they work and how cute they are.  Areeya and Natalie and Mickey and Chompoo and girls who are that hot are on the top end of this scale, maybe even more.   The girls that 'walk around' nana and sukhimvit probably make about 15-20K a month; Lumpini Park and  Petchburi road girls who can't speak english make  about half that amount.  Girls in  Casanova and Obsessions and  Cascades and  KC3, if they are cute, usually make between 30 and 40K.   Good money in a country where a  person with a college degree is happy to make 10,000-15,000 per month doing REAL work.

Robinsons or similar department stores;  about 5000-7000 per month.  Shoe stores and MBK stores fall into this catagory also.  Chompoo once told me when she first came  from the country  she was working in a shoe store and making 5000 per month; that lasted all of 2 months when she heard from other ladyboys that she could make that in one NIGHT at Obsessions and she has been there ever since.

Cabaret.    This pays really crappy,  about 5000-6000 per month plus tips from tourists, maybe another 100 baht per night.   Figure in a very good month these girls make about 10,000 baht  Maximum, still pretty  good in a country  where the average wage is about 4000,  but they have to work hard and rehearse constantly and be there from about 6PM until midnight, 26 days per month.  Ponlien in  Chiang Mai tells me that she makes 6000 per month at the  Simon and gets only 2 nights off per month.  that  sucks  considering all the work they do preparing for and doing these   shows.  many of these girls suppliment their incomes  by hooking  after work also.

Waitress/Hostess.   My friend Jane did this for about a year at a popular seafood restaurant on Sukhimvit and hated it and only made  7000 per month, and that included  extra accounting work  for the owner!  Jane is an extremely smart girl and deserves better.  Once in a while you will see a ladyboy hostess at a restaurant in Pattaya beach, but she is only making about 4000 per month and once she see's what her pals are making on Walking street that job ends.

Use your  college degree.  What a  concept!  So many of these non-bar girls  actually go to college and  get degrees; Anna the traffic-stopper,  Jannie, Anny, Kui, Aon, Bew, Leki, Jinny, and many many others.  Then they go out into a job market where they are not wanted because they are ladyboys and discriminated against, or they are not allowed  to live and work as ladies at their jobs.  Aon was all excited  when she got her degree last year and started going for interviews;  the best job she could find was working for DHL, making 7000 per month, and she would have to cut her hair and work as a boy and work 26 days per month.  Obviously that didn't work out.  Kui, bless her little ladyboy heart,  has managed to  find work at over 10,000 per month and  can work as the lady she is meant to be.  She works hard and doesn't get a lot of time off,  but  she  would never want to sell her body for cash so she is 'happy'  with that and stays  with it.   good for her.  

Stay in the province and work.   Hmmm.....if you pick rice in Petchubun or  sugar on  Khon Kean, your monthly salary is about 3000-4000 baht and you have to work 10 hours per day in the hot sun, 28 days per month.  Of course this is  not very good for the white complexion that they all want to keep and it would probably chip a nail or 3.  Not really an option for most ladyboys,  who are generally picked on and  discriminated against in the towns they come from and can't wait to move to Pattaya or Bangkok and start to make some real cash, no matter what they have to do.

Support from a sucker.  This is the number once choice, obviously, of  most ladyboys.   100% of bar girls and street walkers would love to hook into a 'whale', some guy probably twice their age who will support them and take them away from the bars.  This is like a dream;  someone from oversea's who they only have to see a few times a year, paying all the bills for them and this does happen quite a bit.   The girls still work because they want the extra cash,  but for this small percentage of girls who land a sucker like this who will send them cash for doing nothing, it's like striking gold.  Of course this never lasts; the smart ones will salt away  the cash the guy  is sending before he wakes up and realizes his  money could be  spent in more common-sensical ways.

Beauty salon.    This is the preferred job for 'older' ladyboys,  girls that have been in the scene for a while and want out;   26-30 years old, they can't compete with the beautiful 19-year olds from the country  and so they work in salons and beauty parlors,  making   shit;  this usually pays about 3000-4000 per month, plus tips.

Any other idea's?   if anyone knows  any other decent type of  work that these girls can do, please  do tell.

Bottom line, as  sad as it sounds, is that the best way for these people to make money is to sell their bodies.  One ladyboy I know was concerned that as soon as  her "sponsor"  woke up and stopped  sending her cash she would  automatically have to go to work in KC3. She never even   mentioned   getting a real job with her university degree; why deal with interviews and  cutting her hair and living as a boy  and going to an office every day to make  6000 per month when that can be made in one night at KC3?  Too bad....it would be nice  to see these girls working in real jobs [and of course the  goal of ladyboy-lovers who want a real relationship is to find THESE girls]  but they go where the easy money is almost 100% of the time.

That is if you consider sleeping with old fat guys, taking Xanax nightly for depression, having a  drinking or  drug problem, risking  AIDS, and humiliating yourself in front of leering men for 8 hours per night "easy".

I do it because you don't pay me enough!

(...and I enjoy it - apart from them kinky Germans!)

Comment

Hooking is a real job in my mind. If you can remove the moral leprosy attatched to it, it's also a damn good one. Good luck to anyone who uses their God given talents to do anything other than wait tables or cut hair!

Girls in the biz - I salute you!

Comment

Im erecting a monument in their honor

Comment

I'm with Stogie on this one.

Anyway, it's just another economic model.

If I want to get laid with a non-hooker, I have to buy drinks/presents/chocolates/whatever....probably several times, before getting an average bj and eventually into her knickers....how much has that cost me? A damn site more than 2500 Baht long time at Cascades.

From the girls point of view that I get laid by, she has just not had to pay for the said drinks, dinner, presents, etc and so she is more than 2500 Baht better off. Hooker?

Who is the honest one?
          Mister Arse

Comment

It IS a real job for sure, but it's a pretty tough one and on the long run they will ruin themselves emotionally. Where do you think is this stereotype of "never go with a bargirl" coming from? When you talk to a lt-pro then you'll see what I mean. How many have you met who have a real relationship after years of hooking? Even those who want to have a bf, who are not braindead and greedy (I actually only know one so far) can't do it, because they lost all their self-respect, are full of undefined fear and at least latent depressions - compensated in 90% with alcohol, drugs or both, which leads then to serious health problems as they're on hormons and taking both is really killing.
            So besides the fact, that getting laid by fat beer-smelling Germans and Arab-weirdos, having the risk of catching serious deseases and living with the awareness of being on the last step of any social ladder with a perspective of working max. until 30, is maybe not that funny, yes it's a job - but not a real good one, I'd say!

MK
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

It is ALWAYS the ASSHOLES OUTSIDE this skin trade that say it is a worthy job. I would not wish prostitution in THIS setting for anyone of these ladyboys. High class prostitutes or courtesans in the West have the luxury of living in appartments short of palaces and usually can be arrogant enough to chose their clients after robbing them for thousands ! These ladyboys REALLY have NO choice. Fat or thin, ugly or hunsum, bad breath or stale chang, abusive cunts and slimy dickheads - all in a days work for getting the green. We,certainly I, cannot imagine what it must be like to sleep with possibly a smelly slob or a geriatric alcoholic that may disgust me but hey the dollars numb the pain eh ? Good job eh ? Good economic model eh ? Fucking easy to say that when you're the prick sipping pink gins in Raffles every afternoon. Don't for fucks sake begin to try to justify these transactions. I am gulity of perpetuating this trade. Do I think it is good - NO - however I am not a crusader - Life is shit and this trade began at the dawn of human time and so it will continue. Do I enjoy this scene ? Yes BUT with a guilty heart. Hypocrit ? Yes ! But, this is NOT a GOOD fucking job for anyone period ! Anyone who justifies this needs shooting. I can only justify my actions by being and trying to be decent to the girls and offer them some respect and comfort.

It would be BETTER possibly in a Utopia to be able to meet these girls in a setting were natural attractions would determine relations be that 1 night or 40 years ! - as happens every friday and saturday night in every bar in the entire world. Yes I did say Utopia. Prostitution will never cease but don't lets say it is a good or justifiable thing because of good money - it fucking is NOT EVER ! Money can never change a disturbed mind. You go and take your fucking good economic model to your sister or mother and see whether they would like to be fucked up the ass by a fat smelly german ? Every prostitute I have ever met unfortunately has problems and I don't wonder why considering some of the scum out there who abuse these people because they dehumanise somebody who has to hook.

God preserve us.

Bricktop

Comment

Webcam is the way to go for savvy ladyboys that can promote themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDog @ Aug. 03 2004,18:25)
                  Webcam is the way to go for savvy ladyboys that can promote themselves.
                  good point, PG, but even those girls usually hook on the side also; after all, they sometimes meet the clowns that are paying the big cash to chat with them in the first place! I know about 20 girls that do webcam and they will ALL meet guys when cash is offered.

also.....the webcam biz is getting more and more saturated every day and it's harder to make cash there.

Comment

Originally posted by (Bricktop @ Aug. 03 2004,16:56)
                     But, this is NOT a GOOD fucking job for anyone period !  
                    Great post, Brick, and before I read your post I also was banging my head to Stogie's and Stewart's replies; from Stogie; " Hooking is a real job in my mind. If you can remove the moral leprosy attatched to it, it's also a damn good one. Good luck to anyone who uses their God given talents to do anything other than wait tables or cut hair!

Girls in the biz - I salute you! "

"A damn good one?" Huh? What? How the hell is living day-to-day and not knowing how you will pay your rent unless you suck off some fat old slob a good way to earn your pay? Great to see you are so open-minded; Kui working at Obsessions would be using her God-given talents so lets get her over there and we can salute her also. after all, it's good enough for every other girl so screwing 2 or 3 guys a night and risking AIDS and being stabbed or drugged must be good enough for her. Wow.

Stewart.... I think you missed the point of the thread. Whether or not it's good for us arseholes is not important; I agree with you 100% that it's better to have casual sex with some hooker for 20 bucks than court and date some skank who may not even let me in her pants until the 10th date. I wasn't talking about US; I was talking about the hookers that we all know and how anyone can defend that job as being good and salute them is beyond me.

Condoning a career that has the good chances of someone catching AIDS, being depressed and miserable half the time, taking drugs to relieve the pain, creating low self-esteem for yourself, and being over by the time you are 25 is very small-minded and selfish; perhaps you'd agree if it was someone you loved out there doing it.

Stogie....when you wake up and the cheap whiskey from last night has worn off, you may want to revise your statements a bit? I visit a lot of hookers and unfortunately I am not wealthy enough to buy my favorites out of the life, but I certainly don't admire, condone or 'salute' their career choice; I feel badly for them actually.

Comment

Originally posted by
                      also.....the webcam biz is getting more and more saturated every day and it's harder to make cash there.
                      That's true enough. Kui and I spent the afternoon with one of the more successful and smarter ones and it ain't all the hype it's cracked up to be.

Interesting comments from bricktop... I don't agree with many of them, though. I've worked in Thailands industrial zones for a few years now, and if you want to compare hooking with a 'real' job I'd be happy to show you REAL abuse on a grand scale!

Also, the issue of hormones and drugs doesn't come into play here. Only about 1% or less of Thai prostitutes have ever even met a farang. If your comments are about the hookers that chase 'farang green' then you may have a point.

The vast majority of hookers in Thailand sit patiently outside small bars on tiny sois lit up like Xmas trees. That's the reality, not the fluorescent world of Cascades or C & Ds!

Believe me, compared to the alternatives (rice fields, chemical factories) it IS a job, and not a bad one at that!

No cheap whisky in my house, and no need to change my original thread.

Comment

Anyone know if ladyboy hookers work in bars catering to Thais? Is it easy for ladyboys to find Thai boyfriends?

Comment

Strangely there is not much demand for Thai ladyboys by Thai men. For the most part Thai men are gay or straight, and the transgendered males prefer men!

Odd, isn't it, that the source of the sexiest and most beautiful people on the planet don't have much of a demand from their own kind!

The bars that cater to Thais (by which I assume that you mean the non-tourist areas) may have a token ladyboy as entertainment value. We have a couple on the quiet soi where I live. I don't expect they get much attention, though.

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Aug. 03 2004,21:47)
                            Strangely there is not much demand for Thai ladyboys by Thai men.
                            seems like the ones that DO like ladyboys beat and abuse them on a regular basis, at least according to some of the stories I have heard from ladyboys. at the very least they treat them pretty much like shite and they have no cash; another reason these girls like farangs.

Comment

I am afraid i agree with Stogie. I cannot see a problem with prostitution. Its one of the fastest growing legal business in  Eastern/Central Europe and the governments are quite happy with it there.Prague is after all the culture capital of Europe and Brothels are everywhere.  The Girls seem happy enough also going with the fat germans.

There is a health risk but they get paid well just like a F1 Racer. Compared to some of the other jobs on offer in the Far East hooking is probably one of the best options . I spend time in the Factories and i can tell you that i would rather take it up the ass than work in a toxic fume filled factory and have lung problems at 35.

Ok the conditions in Thailand are different but all countries have to go through a third world stage .

Some used the word hypocrite earlier. Moralising and hypocracy are not exactly bedfellows are they

By the way
                              Some of the Girls have do have jobs in tourism as guides etc
                              But they still work the bars at night ?

Comment

Working...
                              X