X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting stuff here...

The more I read the more I suspect that it's Thailand that is jaded and NOT us!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 30 2008,09:09) Interesting stuff here...

Perhaps it is!
      Or rather..is Thailand, or other places (P.I., Indonesia, etc.) able to keep up with what (some) people require in term of level of services, attitude, quality of life, and so on?

Also, people change with time. What I found 'enchanting' many years ago, like visiting local markets, streeet food, sleazy bars, local colours and alike it's no longer an amusement to me but rather a cause of annoyment and disturbarce. I guess a 50 y.o. man reacts differently from a 35 y.o. one.

When I visit some of these place I feel like time was never passed by. The same shits are there like they were 20-25 years ago. Some people who have never seen it before may find a (temporary) enjoment but who has been experiencing that since years simple stretches his jaws in a BIG And it doesn't take few StarBucks and McDonalds to make a better place.

Perhpas same applies to the bargirls and bars. How long are they able to keep you interested without innovation and updating?
      Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 30 2008,09:09) Interesting stuff here...

Stogie,
        Stogie,

An intriguing post ... please elaborate!

LBloom
        Fergus: Do they know?
        Dil: Know what, honey?
        Fergus: Know what I didn't know? And don't call me that.
        Dil: Can't help it! A girl has her feelings.

Comment

this is interesting,i think it is possible to tire of the bar scene as an example,been there seen it done it sorta thing, the bars never change,mayby becoming a little desensitised is whats going on here mayby in particular with gogos,how many times do you have to see 15 semi naked girls on stage in front of you before you think "hmm its sorta ok i guess but i seen em before" i guess mustnt lose perspective as the bars and clubs back home in the uk are overpriced overrated and boring( and they dont have cute thai girls in abundance) in short they are no fun whatsoever.so actually even a thai beer bar is great by comparison.one thing i do know is from the very first time i went to thailand on my own it changed me,made me feel different,made me feel good,gave me a high like no drug can. but this it can do we all know.
          robbo

Comment

Robbo,

I totally agree - we all know that there is a seedy underside to the bar scene (and I get really worried about how young the girls are looking but that could also be me getting old!) but when I compare it to the clubs here (Ireland in my case but much the same as UK) they are pretty awful. It is not just UK and Ireland. Of the various places I know such as Amsterdam; Spain; various cities in eastern Europe, the States; Taiwan, Hong Kong even Cambodia there is no place like Thailand. As you say, even a [grotty?] Thai beer bar is good by comparison. They simply provide a service that I have not got elsewhere.

This is why I asked Stogie why he thought it was Thailand that was jaded and not us. Obviously, living in the LOS is very different from occasional visits and I'd really like to hear his take on it.

LBloom
            Fergus: Do they know?
            Dil: Know what, honey?
            Fergus: Know what I didn't know? And don't call me that.
            Dil: Can't help it! A girl has her feelings.

Comment

Agreed, this thread gets more interesting as it develops further.

OK, we all know that clubs and that whole ethos of pulling in the west becomes more miserable, especially as you get older and, frankly, your chances of pulling diminish. And with the loud music and the stupid posers you don't even really want to be there anyway. And many of us are, or have been, married and know everything there is to know about the grief of living for years with a permanently unsatisfied farang nag.

So you come to Thailand and you're overcome by the beauty of the women and the calls of hello hansum man , even though you know from the start or you find out soon enough, that those calls are bullshit. As the T-shirt says, the honey depends strictly on the money.

You have a ball, but maybe it gets tired after a while. A few starfishes. A few sick buffalo stories. A few times when the sex was great but somehow not that great, and you just couldn't wait for her to fuck off in the morning.

I think that's when a lot of guys start to investigate LBs. You certainly can't not notice them. They're everywhere in LOS. If you look at other 'straighter' Pattaya monger forums, of which there are many, you see this constant debate going on, with some guys saying 'that's disgusting', 'that's a bloke in a dress', 'if you fancy that you're a poof', then other guys saying 'wow, I can't believe she's not a woman, she's so sexy and beautiful,' and others saying 'oh fuck, I'm so confused, I hope I never get into a he/she dilemma while late at night and pissed and horny'' and others again saying 'hmm, maybe I might try.' Spot the continuum?

It's the same continuum behind closed doors. The first time you do it, maybe you accept an LB blowjob. 'LBs give better blowjobs than women,' is the all-forgiving saying that justifies it. You hear it all the time and it does have a certain male logic.

(OK, I realise I'm saying 'you' here but actually I mean 'I').

Then you try anal sex, and it's amazing. You love how horny, how totally into it, those LBs get when you're both stripped down and going for it. You go to an LB bar and you see how rampant and wild they are and you think, holy shit, finally, after all these years, this is SEX!

Then you go back to one of the GG go-go bars, where bored material girls flash their tits and wave their pussies at you and pretend to do lesbian love scenes under a shower, and you just know they really don't give a fuck. And you can't help making the comparison.

And at some point in all this, this fantastic woman you're shagging has an appendage wagging around and, face it, you're fascinated. Maybe a little reach around. Maybe a little nuzzle. Then you think, fuck it, let's go for it, and next thing you know, you've got her cock eight inches down your throat and she's loving it. And you are too.

For me, that's the most fascinating thing I've found about being an LB lover. I'm in my 50s, overweight, not particularly attractive. I look cheerful and healthy and I still have several of my teeth and most of my own hair. But I ain't no George Clooney. When I was a lad I used to get mistaken for Marc Bolan out of T-Rex. Now I'd be lucky to get mistaken for Minty out of East Enders. Even so, I can snog with a superstar ladyboy and after a couple of minutes, hey presto!, I find she's got a raging hard-on. As well as being erotic, that is fascinating. It makes you realise how and why, back in that earlier life, farang women thought men were so simple and easy to handle.

So then you migrate to a place like this, where the posters are 100% past the point of wondering 'should I/shouldn't I?'

But even that can get tired after a while. And after that, then what?

Dunno. Maybe just retire and write the book. Answers on a postcard please.

Sorry, Im pissed.

Comment

nice post Otho
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

Agreed Mick, Otho's post neatly wraps up a number of points & expresses what many of us feel very nicely.

He also raises the issue of what a fickle lot we are, that even the good life can get boring, & then what?

Then recognise that what you have is a hell of a lot better than the alternative or go somewhere else to regain your perspective.

Nowhere is perfect & in LOS we can experience heaven while surrounded by hell. I never forget what a struggle it is just to survive for so many I pass by on the streets on my way out to entertain myself.

Not the sort of thing we like to be reminded of but that is the reality faced by so many in Thailand.

How dare we complain ...
                  Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Jaded ? " Aerosmith. "

I'm the one that Jaded You.
                    Good Song.
                    My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

Fresh of the boat so to speak. arrived home from 2 weeks holiday in phuket. to answer the original post, mate you were crook as rookwood(ill). so don,t worry too much about it, Thailand can be hit and miss, and from experience if your not quite in the mood(party time) it just wont work.Several times i have fallen foul of some dreaded fucking flu virus while on a trip to LOS, and boy does it ko you. Mood is everything in thailand, and if your in a bad one boy oh boy can the girl see it a mile off.
                      Just Give it another go and i'll bet ya feel great and have a good time.
                      AS for thailand BEING JADED, might be the case, from recent trip in Phuket, i see most of the girls in bangala road just touting for photos for money with the tourist hoards(the gauking masses) Why not beats getting fucked by some jaded old cunt for a 100 bhat.
                      The girls will do what is easiest,such as the Bangala rd and JSB girls who tout tourists and make a great living just posing for pics at 50-100bt a time.
                      some don't prefering to pick up mongers such as pour selfs, but in low season its hard going and there were few in any bar fines that i saw when sitting with mint in tequila bar.
                      Get your ass over there again and ill bet you have a great time
                      cheers the flash
                      just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(Otho @ Aug. 03 2008,07:20) Agreed, this thread gets more interesting as it develops further.

OK, we all know that clubs and that whole ethos of pulling in the west becomes more miserable, especially as you get older and, frankly, your chances of pulling diminish. And with the loud music and the stupid posers you don't even really want to be there anyway. And many of us are, or have been, married and know everything there is to know about the grief of living for years with a permanently unsatisfied farang nag.

So you come to Thailand and you're overcome by the beauty of the women and the calls of hello hansum man , even though you know from the start or you find out soon enough, that those calls are bullshit. As the T-shirt says, the honey depends strictly on the money.

You have a ball, but maybe it gets tired after a while. A few starfishes. A few sick buffalo stories. A few times when the sex was great but somehow not that great, and you just couldn't wait for her to fuck off in the morning.

I think that's when a lot of guys start to investigate LBs. You certainly can't not notice them. They're everywhere in LOS. If you look at other 'straighter' Pattaya monger forums, of which there are many, you see this constant debate going on, with some guys saying 'that's disgusting', 'that's a bloke in a dress', 'if you fancy that you're a poof', then other guys saying 'wow, I can't believe she's not a woman, she's so sexy and beautiful,' and others saying  'oh fuck,  I'm so confused, I hope I never get into a he/she dilemma while late at night and pissed and horny'' and others again saying 'hmm, maybe I might try.' Spot the continuum?

It's the same continuum behind closed doors. The first time you do it, maybe you accept an LB blowjob. 'LBs give better blowjobs than women,' is the all-forgiving saying that justifies it. You hear it all the time and it does have a certain male logic.

(OK, I realise I'm saying 'you' here but actually I mean 'I').

Then you try anal sex, and it's amazing. You love how horny, how totally into it, those LBs get when you're both stripped down and going for it. You go to an LB bar and you see how rampant and wild they are and you think, holy shit, finally, after all these years, this is SEX!

Then you go back to one of the GG go-go bars, where bored material girls flash their tits and wave their pussies at you and pretend to do lesbian love scenes under a shower, and you just know they really don't give a fuck. And you can't help making the comparison.

And at some point in all this, this fantastic woman you're shagging has an appendage wagging around and, face it, you're fascinated. Maybe a little reach around. Maybe a little nuzzle. Then you think, fuck it, let's go for it, and next thing you know, you've got her cock eight inches down your throat and she's loving it. And you are too.

For me, that's the most fascinating thing I've found about being an LB lover. I'm in my 50s, overweight, not particularly attractive. I look cheerful and healthy and I still have several of my teeth and most of my own hair. But I ain't no George Clooney. When I was a lad I used to get mistaken for Marc Bolan out of T-Rex. Now I'd be lucky to get mistaken for Minty out of East Enders. Even so, I can snog with a superstar ladyboy and after a couple of minutes, hey presto!, I find she's got a raging hard-on. As well as being erotic, that is fascinating. It makes you realise how and why, back in that earlier life, farang women thought men were so simple and easy to handle.  

So then you migrate to a place like this, where the posters are 100% past the point of wondering 'should I/shouldn't I?'

But even that can get tired after a while. And after that, then what?

Dunno. Maybe just retire and write the book. Answers on a postcard please.

Sorry, Im pissed.
                        the perfect post exactly how it is
                        well said sir well said

Comment

this topic makes more interesting reading for me the more it goes on,im glad in aired my misery in bkk, every reply has been good,informative and from guys who seem to have been there n done it a few times (LOS) like myself tho as stated im not an old hand.these guys have given me help,thanks for that.so mayby it wasnt all just me being not 100% in feeling LOS changing a little? some guys here are saying there seems to be some slow change in some aspects of p4p etc.and cheers donnnnnnny for your post........i am feeling like im goin back soon ,the hungers coming back
                          robbo

Comment

the sceen has deffinatly changed from the early 80s where the pattaya girls would chase you home on motorbikes and stay all night just for fun.But like all things they do change and for the better in some ways and worse in others

Comment

Working...
                            X