X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly American

Is it me or are times changing? This las trip to LOS seemed to be mired but alot of really ugly Americans. No I do not mean the way they look but the way they acted in public. Do not get me wrong I believe in having fun drinking and playing games with the working girls and or Ladyboys in the bar. I am not direspectful nor am I mean to any of them but this is not the case with several tourist I saw on my last trip. They seem to think that they can do anything and get away with it at the bar. At Big Dogs one guy was vissible smashed and had been just stumbling in the bar and gropping the ladies. The mamasan said he was axed but he would not leave until served another beer. She told him only if he paid B200 for the beer would he get it from the bar. This price was due to all the ladies complaining about his actions. He agreed and was served the beer and told that this would be his last. After he drank the beer he wanted another one and was refused service. ( I totally agree with this decision on the bars part ) At this point he refused to pay his tab which was around B1500. He and the mamasan argued and finally she had enough and told him just to leave the bar and not come back. He grabbed her and said no and she hit him on the head with her hand. At this point a Thai bouncer threw him out nicely and he left.

15 minutes later he returned with the Tourist Police to have the mamasan arrested for hitting him. I asked to talk to one of the policeman but was ignored. I think they thought I was going to stand up for this guy. Actually I would have told them if he acted like this in the states he would be spending the night in jail and get a large fine before going home the next day. But they took the mamasan and the drunk to the station.

30 minutes later they returned and the drunk was given a formal apology by the mamasan and was aloud to stay and drink.

Later this guy sat next to me and started complaining about the way he was treated in the bar and asked my opinion. I told him if it had been me I would have called the police and had him arrested for being and asshole. His reponse was that I did not know the whole story and that as tourist go I was the type that should stay home because I was a do gooder.

My reponse to this was I treat everyone with respect be they working girls Ladyboys or bar employees and could easily drink him under the table but at no time did I make an ass of myself with the help. He said fuck you and I asked if he would like to step across the street into the Nana hotel Parking lot and discuss our differences a little deeper. He refused and left the bar saying Pattaya was a nicer place and he would be there tomorrow. My answer to this was I felt sorry for the bars in Pattaya.

This was not the only example of the ugly American on this trip I saw but the most rude. I can sometimes understand why some of the Thai's do not care for tourist after this episode. We all get a bad reputation due to one or two assholes.

Any comments

Disqplay
    Thailand for fun in the sun
    Enjoy it while you can
    Times are changing

Yes, unfortunately you see that all the time, all over the places, caused by assholes of various nations. Once I had a German maniac waiting in line in front of me at the check-in at Don Muang airport and when he heard the flight was cancelled and that he had to take the next plane, he went mad, grabbed the keyboard of the computer from the desk officer, threw it down, shouted through the whole airport and made himself the most stupid "waterbuffalo" - as they call it - as possible. This was one of the biggest face-losses I've ever experienced, because - of course - the Thai started ignoring and made fun of him and he got the worst seat in the next plane, beside a family with 3 little kids....lol.
    Then last time at Patpong I saw 2 heavily drunken Ozzies stumbling out of Kings Corner, grabbing the girls asses outside the bar and provoked of course a big scene from the girls side. The Thai bouncers came out - maybe 3 heads smaller than the Ozzies - told them to get lost, they didn't, pushed them away and within a couple o seconds I had a sensational Muay Thai performance and the guys had been lucky not to be killed by the furious Thais.
    Some people just have no idea how to behave properly in a foreign country - and that can be very dangerous in countries like Thailand.

MK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Where ever you are in the world you will always get the asshole who will drink too much and literally make an ass of himself. How do you deal with it? Frankly I ignore them unless they invade my personal space, I also try to assure who ever I am with that not all falangs are so f**king stupid!

Comment

Assholes come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and nationalities.
        Unfortunately, ALCOHOL brings out the worst in many people.
        If I go to a bar, I pick out a girl, I buy her a drink, I check her arms for needle marks, I talk to her a little bit (to make sure she does not have bad breath), and if she agrees to MY PRICE (which is the fair, "union scale" CORRECT price and NOT the sucker-tourist price), then we are on our way OUT of her bar.
        I do not personally drink and bars are not places I care to hang out in.
        Just my thoughts.
        Mr. Lonely

Comment

Working...
        X