X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategies to avoid causing face loss syndrome

This is something all newbies experience in Thailand: one night you go into the bar, it is maybe the first night, and you take a LB with you. Everything OK, happy.

Next day, you return to the same bar. The LB you have been with tries to hook in, but you want another.

From that moment and for many days the LB will seem angry on you, even if she will insist for helping you choose another LB.

---

What's your strategy to save your face?

tell her from the start you butterfly, this way no problems, when on entering the bar again, simply smile kiss her cheek and buy her a drink, when she ask's if you take her again, you simply say maybe but look for another first, want to try everyone

steviep

Comment

(manarak @ Feb. 21 2009,21:14) What's your strategy to save your face?
      None at all , just ignore it, 99.9 % of it is an act anyway .

Be upfront and don't make promises you don't intend to keep, I reckon thats what brings trouble to some guys .

And remember the old Thai saying "up to you " because it really is true
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Smile a lot, and lie thru your teeth. the more ridiculous the lie the better (it lets them save face - you're not saying "NO", you just don't have the time because you are on the space shuttle tomorrow)
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

You have no idea how many times I've been on the space shuttle...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Tell them any old bollox, as you cant win anyhow.
            Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

They only do that if they think they are getting under your skin. So don't let it. And don't lead her on, buy her a drink as a reparation for the fact you are ditching her for someone else there, and don't respond to any silly antics. Those kind of things only add fuel to the fire. A true butterfly acts just like it is their first time in the bar everytime. They choose who they want with a carefree attitude and don't set any false expectations. Keeps it civil and easy for you and the girls.

Comment

We are with Jim, Snick and uncle K on this one.

Fist off; never promise anything you don€™t plan to deliver! This has little to do with the situation described above, or people involved its just poor form in any arena.

When this behaviour does inevitably occur however, we just smile a lot, make an excuse that cannot be challenged and always keep in mind that this act is nothing personal, it€™s simply a marketing technique!

Comment

(perth_couple @ Feb. 22 2009,16:14) ..its just poor form in any arena.
                  Putting the boy back into ladies

Comment

speak in a made up language,with lots of "i no understand" and "eh" and "oh i know it 8 oclock" look quizzical,puzzled even. these are all the things ive heard from bargirls when they seem to lose the ability to understand some english which only one hour ago they had master of.
                    robbo

Comment

its all about greng jai (which is thai for saving face)or greng lie as i call it, but make no promises, just be your honest fantastic sex toursist self, i mean common, enjoy your freedom, were else can u tap ass for 25 dollars and change ladies for 25 more the next day with no hassle....its hard for first timmers so i sympathize, no reason to make your self jaded before your ready, but just be honest, its always the best policy, at least when your rich. cheers everyone,
                      dax spadackel

Comment

Its all about your attitude and understanding.Never lie be your self and if your a buttefly tell em, they will still go with you, Its a buyers market nearly all the time. your on holiday so fucking enjoy it.HE WHO PAYS THE PIPER CALLS THE TUNE
                        and what ever you do never walk in a bar with dummmy plug, if you do you are fucked
                        just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Working...
                        X