X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar girls are Prostitutes...

If you have not read Stephen Leather's book Private Dancer then you should as there is no clearer way of describing or explaining the Thai girlie/lb/guy - bar scene.

All women working in bars where their bodies are for sale are prostitutes.

There is no - I am special - She is just.... - but somehow the label bar girl paints a prettier picture than prostitue.

In the UK with a pro you will be in and out quite literally. The more expensive ones will cull you and make you feel that little bit more special but ultimately they are pros.

I have nothing against being a pro, have been one myself albeit unknowingly, but I post this as I hope some visitors to Thailand will not get confused.

I am sure I will get flamed but I hear so many farangs tell me that it is different with X. Ha!!

Pay 2 Play should remain as such. There are plenty of women LB's that will show you equal devotion and take your money but they have not been with 10000s of men!!

No, I have not been stung, but just want to make sure newbies to Thailand and even a few that are not newbies never forget - if she is in a bar selling her bod then she is a pro - and few are better than the Thai pros at extracting your well earned cash.

Technically yes, but are they really?

I accept that the girls who have been on the bar scene for years, who resort to freelancing the streets are prostitutes, but there are so many new, naive girls arriving in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket & anywhere else they can get access to some of the "easy" money who definitely don't fit the traditional description of a prostitute.

Opportunists, yes, selling their body, yes, so yes, they are by definition, but when you spend time with them, you will quickly discover the new arrivals are just young girls making their way in a hard old world.

My exception to bangkokskins summary isn't that they are not hookers, it is the generalisation that every one of the "bar girls" he refers to are somehow less than human, unable to have emotions & feel real love.

I can assure any newbie that they start off as the sweetest & nicest girls you would ever wish to meet, they then proceed to go downhill from there.

The trick is to meet them before they get embittered. Their big sisters soon teach them way of the street hustlers you refer to. Then they graduate from farm girl to whore.

But take one out of the scene before then & it is possible to have a wonderful relationship. And I speak from experience.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

aren't we all prostitutes in one way or another? While you are right in describing their profession, it doesn't make them any less human than you or me.

Seems to me that in the west marriage with a gg can be another form of prostitution, however, with full legal backing and recognition to the extent that she can take 50% of your assets should there be a divorce.

Yes, guys should be realistic when they visit LOS, but lbs in p4p still have feelings too, no matter how "professional" they may be.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(rxpharm @ Apr. 10 2009,10:47) aren't we all prostitutes in one way or another?
        Well they are - not us.
        We're just whoremongers.....
        Lost in Space!

Comment

tevery one of the "bar girls" he refers to are somehow less than human, unable to have emotions & feel real love.
          I never said or implied that. Shit, I said that I was once inadvertently a pro and I am human etc.

The trick is to meet them before they get embittered.
          Ha! this is where it all begins. And hence the confusion. You would never consider marrying the whore in Soho (UK) so why the newbie at Nana!!

Comment

(bangkoksins @ Apr. 10 2009,10:15) No, I have not been stung...

Nobody would feel the need to write such emotional rhetoric if they hadn't been screwed over. You are not the only one and you won't be the last, either.

Sure, bar girls are prostitutes... Sanitation engineers are shit house cleaners, so what's in a name.

But your attempt at advice is sound. They are here to provide a service so don't get too confused when they start getting too good at it.

Your comparison between Thai bar girls and Euro skanks isn't a good one, though. In Europe or the US you don't expect any level of emotional involvement but many people come to Thailand looking for that "Girl Friend Experience" which they can't find at home.

Thai girls are very good at providing this service and are adept at feeling deep emotions (love, hate, happiness, sadness) with complete strangers whereas a Westerner would remain more reserved.

Unfortunately, we often look for the devil only to find out that he's a bit of a bastard!

It's easy to reciprocate those feelings of love and happiness with a pretty girl young enough to be our grand daughter. For many of us it's harder to simply switch it off after breakfast the next day the way Thai people can.

We are great at preaching advice on this forum but when it comes down to it you simply can not learn 'experience.'

Come here, fall in love, go home, cry a bit then come back and do it again...

Comment

I can understand the good intentions bangkoksins has in his post. He wishes to warn newbies of the pitfalls in the P4P game. Well intentioned and worthy for a newbie to take note of.
              However, it must be noted that it takes 2 hands to clap. It's a willing seller, willing buyer situation. Do the ladyboys force us at gun point, like terrorists and kidnap us?
              (Must say that's a kinky idea    )
              Certainly not, most of us travel all the way to Thailand or wherever to get hooked up. So just as they are guilty of selling we're equally guilty of buying.  
              http://asianladyboy.blogspot.com

Comment

Ha! this is where it all begins. And hence the confusion. You would never consider marrying the whore in Soho (UK) so why the newbie at Nana!!
                Wow, so many reasons.
                1. don't like pasty white girls, or massive trannies
                2. Nana bargirl doesn't have all the choices that a western "call girl" has
                3. Nana gg or lb is often a mercinary for their family, whereas western "whores" are out for themselves, and more often supporting a drug habit.
                4. the Thai p4p has more respect for elders
                5. They are a lot more friendlier and giving than ones I have been with from soho-Europe-Los Vegas-BrisVegas
                6. Never, ever did I hear a western p4p say up to you, or your choice.
                7. Here pay after, everywhere else almost you always pay first
                8. more passion here, kissing etc. More of a GFE
                9. there you have to go to seedy areas, here to bars where you can drink and get to know them.
                10. they are more genuine overall, much more possibility to fall for a p4p worker here than anywhere else.

I thinkits fantastic that their culture doesn't look down on bargirls so much. In many cases its just another profession like laundress or cook.

I agree with Rx that we are all whores in the sense. Many of us are whores for the man or the boss, or govt.

Comment

The new Ten Commandments
                  Lost in Space!

Comment

(Stogie @ Apr. 10 2009,05:24) Sanitation engineers are shit house cleaners, so what's in a name.
                    I resent that remark!      

I've spent many happy hours playing with shithouse systems  -  that was long after I graduated from cleaning toilets.

I think a lot of the reason the P4P girls in Thailand (and some other parts of Asia) are more friendly is to do with their cultural outlook.
                    The whole thing of supporting family is one part of it.   Also there is the money/status/power part of the equation.
                    Basically you cozy up to someone to gain from them what you do not have.  The girls are nice to the customers because they know it is a way of getting money.
                    In the West with our cynical outlook it's conducted as a cold business transaction.

RR.
                    Sanitation Engineer rtrd.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

The story of a newbie in Thailand... in pictures!

Can you work out the plot?

Comment

Arrive in Thailand for the first time. Go to a bar, drink some beers. Mesmerized by what you see. Drink some more beers. Get pissed and strike up the courage to take a girl. Sucking, fucking, sleeping, falling in love, having a great time, more fucking, do anything for the girl, think you'll take her back to your home but you don't know how it all works. You make some promises, you head home, you send money, you call her daily, you can't understand why she still works, it drives you crazy, it makes you angry, you end the relationship before it really starts. You go back to Thailand at the first chance you get, you drink some beers, you get pissed and you do it all again. (alternate ending - I don't like yours)

Comment

Oh by the way - what a fucking significant insight "Bar girls are prostitutes".........................

All I can say is the Thai girls are the best at it in the world (IMHO).

Comment

Top marks... Yes, my story does have a sad ending. Your ending is closer to the truth, too!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nobody would feel the need to write such emotional rhetoric if they hadn't been screwed over. You are not the only one and you won't be the last, either.
                              Err, no mate sorry.

Just to reiterate I have not been screwed over.  I have been here far too long for that.

I only felt like starting this as I met a guy that recently told me that she is different........................

. You make some promises, you head home, you send money, you call her daily, you can't understand why she still works, it drives you crazy, it makes you angry, you end the relationship before it really starts. You go back to Thailand at the first chance you get, you drink some beers, you get pissed and you do it all again.
                              Could not have summed it up better myself. Call her daily, send money home, relationship.

lol!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X