X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Sex Partner Visa to Australia

I hope this isn't a repeat of old posts. I couldn't find anything via a few searches.

Does anyone here have experience or know anyone who has applied for the Interdependent Same Sex Partner Visa to Australia for Philippino or Thai ladyboys?

Yes, I'm one of those silly guys wanting to try a LTR with a PI lb.  

Any info greatly appreciated. I've read all the official info on the visa, which doesn't seem too hard, but I don't know anyone who has been through it.

If you have been living with the LB in question for over a year then it's really a formality of paperwork.

I'm assuming that you have been living with her for over a year right? Because you wouldn't invite a virtual stranger over to your country, now, would you!

I'd be interested in hearing of any experiences of anyone who has gone through this.

Comment

(Stogie @ May 04 2009,00:13) If you have been living with the LB in question for over a year then it's really a formality of paperwork.

I'm assuming that you have been living with her for over a year right? Because you wouldn't invite a virtual stranger over to your country, now, would you!

I'd be interested in hearing of any experiences of anyone who has gone through this.
      No, only a few weeks living together, but planning to start racking up the time.

Just want to know for sure that others have succeeded with that type of visa.

Suay mentioned a student visa as an option. Has anyone managed to get a lb into Australia under a student visa? That would be interesting to know too.

Comment

(ladyboyluva @ May 03 2009,18:48)
        (Stogie @ May 04 2009,00:13) If you have been living with the LB in question for over a year then it's really a formality of paperwork.
        No, only a few weeks living together, but planning to start racking up the time.

Suay mentioned a student visa as an option. Has anyone managed to get a lb into Australia under a student visa? That would be interesting to know too.
        Stogie is correct that one of the main things the visa authorities will look for is that a relationship has been going for a period of time.

They probably see hundreds of love sick idiots each week that take the love of their life  -  well of the last two weeks anyway   -  to get a visa.    
        I can guarantee that 100% of such applications just get chucked straight in the bin and are given a stock negative reply.

After about 3 months you have about a 20% chance of success.  After 6 months about a 50% chance. After about 1 year and a couple of trips to other countries your chance is around 90%.

Student visas  -  yes they are possible my Ex got an invite when she was studying languages at Ramkaheng (Bangkok)  -  but if the visa authorities think the application has an alterior motive then the answer will be NO!
        That would the predjudice any further applications. Hers was accepted purely because she had been to the UK  3 times before  -  literally no questions asked!

Take your gf on a couple of visits to other Asian countries  -  Singapore is a good one  -  Hong Kong, Malaysia,  or Indonesia are others.
        Brazil or South Africa are also apparently possible but I have no personal experience.

Make sure you check up on the paperwork requirements  -  ThaiVisa.com is a good start to look for mistakes  -  the Australia Visa information site is better to find out the truth.

Keep a record of phone bills,  e-mails,  airline tickets,  hotel bills,  credit card statements and any other verifyable documents connected to your application.

After 6 months if you still feel you want to make an application then go ahead.

Remember the visa people are not interested in YOU  -  they do not even want to see you at a visa application.
        Their sole interest is will your gf return to her home country at the end of the vist and will she be a drain on the resources of Australia.

She has to prove the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second question is no.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

Thanks for the tips RR.

Have thought of spending some time in Mainland China as well as living in PI for while. Not an easy place to make a living though.

Am collecting the documents you mentioned.

Lots of good tips in this pdf on Australian Partner Migration for those interested. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Comment

Our second country to visit was China  -  I thought the visa application would be easy as it's an ASEAN country.

Took 3 attempts and me showing up at the visa section in Bangkok for the 3rd attempt to get it.

On that occasion I handed the papers over while my girlfriend hid in the crowd at the back of the room.
            The (Thai) girl took one look at the papers and said no.
            I know how the loss of face bit works  -  so playing on it I just shot straight back with  'Why not?'

After the (Chinese) supervisor arrived I got the visa.  I suspect it was more Thai predjudice than official Chinese policy  -  however I don't know.

Hong Kong and/or Singapore are easier as a first hop - if the two of you show up together they don't even bat an eyelid as they stamp the visa.

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ May 04 2009,01:53) Our second country to visit was China  -  I thought the visa application would be easy as it's an ASEAN country.

Took 3 attempts and me showing up at the visa section in Bangkok for the 3rd attempt to get it.

On that occasion I handed the papers over while my girlfriend hid in the crowd at the back of the room.
              The (Thai) girl took one look at the papers and said no.
              I know how the loss of face bit works  -  so playing on it I just shot straight back with  'Why not?'

After the (Chinese) supervisor arrived I got the visa.  I suspect it was more Thai predjudice than official Chinese policy  -  however I don't know.

Hong Kong and/or Singapore are easier as a first hop  -  if the two of you show up together they don't even bat an eyelid as they stamp the visa.

RR.
              Thanks again RR.

She's actually in Philippines... not sure how much difference that will make.

They get visas to Macau and Hong Kong very easily from there and not too hard to get onto the Mainland from Hong Kong I'm told.

I've met some lbs in Shanghai who go there regularly via Hong Kong.

Anyway, maybe some Aussies will log in tomorrow with a few insights into the Australian Partner Visa question.

Time for bed for me now.

Comment

The below info was posted by monkeyman a year ago. May be of some help to others:
                Back in 2004 i got a 3 month Visa for my first LB girlfriend back to Australia , but i have a feeling Australia might be one of the easist places to get Visa's for

In short point form he was my formula that succeded ,

1 ) Establish at least a 6 month relationship , with proof , foto's , emails , phone records , any reciepts for presents or money you may have sent to her .

2 ) Be present in Thailand at the Embassy when you want to get her a Visa , go to Embassy and make your presence felt , add your thoughts to any questions she may be asked .

3 ) Make sure you have all the particular's on hand , both yours and hers , Birth Certificates , any Education certificates , Any ID cards , of course Passports , and some sort of valuation report about your financial position , including last few tax returns , a letter from your employer which includes your wages/salary specifics .

4 ) Never mention her past or present activites that include prostitution if she has that sort of past , you need to come up with a past working history , cabaret is ok , beauty shop , resturant this is really something she will need to sort out , a letter from that boss , stating current employment and that she will have a job when she gets back and some foto's of her in that environment .

5 ) Ask if you can fill out a Statutory Declaration , and include lots of mention of love and a relationship and expanding that relationship , also mention you will provide her with accomodation and mention where , and all her financial needs during her stay , and your plan to purchase her a airline ticket as soon as the Visa is approved . Also you will guarantee she will be on holidays and returning to Thailand before her Visa expires .

Anyways worked for me back in 2004 , when i got a 3 month tourist Visa for her , to Australia .
                Still no info about anyone who successfully got their lb gf in to Oz on a Partner Visa???

Comment

Well, no wonder not many people know much about the same-sex interdependent visa in Australia, it doesn't become law for another 2 months. That explains why I've never heard of a successful case.

Once this catches on there could be a flood of ladyboys wanting to come to Australia.

btw: Cost is AUD$1400 for the application for those interested.

What visas are interdependent partners (including same-sex partners) currently eligible for?
                  Under existing legislation, interdependent partners (same-sex partners) of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand residents may apply for an Interdependency partner visa (subclasses 110, 814, 826, 310). These visas allow interdependent partners and their dependents to enter and or remain in Australia.
                  Interdependent partners and their dependent children can also be included in applications for Temporary Business (Long Stay) visas (subclass 457) and General Skilled Migration visas (subclasses 175, 76, 475, 476, 485, 487, 885, 886, 887).
                  More information on visa application processes and eligibility requirements is available at www.immi.gov.au
                  What changes will there be to migration legislation for same-sex partners?

From 1 July 2009 the following changes will commence:
                  €¢
                  Same-sex and opposite-sex partners will be recognised as being €˜de facto partners€™
                  Same-sex partners and opposite-sex partners will be recognised as being €˜de facto partners€™ if they have a mutual commitment to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others, the de facto relationship is genuine and continuing and if they live together, or not live separately and apart on a permanent basis.

Comment

Wait: I made an error.

Same sex visas have been possible before this under the Interdependent Visa (Not sure how log for), but come July 1, 2009, the process for same sex partners may be changed (easier?) so that it aligns its requirements to be equal with a Spouse Visa.

Not really sure of the difference. Perhaps less focus on the financial connection or on having spent as long living together. Would be interesting to know the significance of these differences, other than defactos are now equal whether same-sex or opposite-sex under the law.

Comment

There seem to be 2 separate issues here.

Student visa : for PI cases this is a little more difficult as they are 'on the radar' and the bona fides (especially financial) are onerous.

As for partner Visas, as RR has noted, as a general rule they will need to be assured of (again) the bona fides of your relationship. To this end, emails bills, phone logs etc in other words any documentation that can go to verifying the veracity of the relationship will help.

Not sure whether by 'partner' visa you are referring to a Permanent Residence Visa by de facto relationship ? Same as point 2 above...the same sex aspect doesn't change things much. Immigration will be more concerned with the veracity of the realtionship, and that she is from PI, which in their eyes is a red flag....(i.e she may skip 'bail' )

Good luck
                      Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Thanks guydesavoy!

FWIW: I'm coming around to the idea that the best way is to get a student visa for my lb girlfriend for a 12 month course and then apply for the spouse/defacto visa.

The main advantage is that we can live together here for an extended time, hence qualifying for the ongoing commitment requirements, while I can stay here and work. I believe that will help with the sponsorship aspect of the spouse visa too.

No doubt I'll spend some more months with her in PI before deciding on that road for sure. It's a fair investment, over 10k, to put someone through a year of study.

Anyone with tips on lbs applying for student visas, and how that could effect a partner visa application feel free to chip in.

btw: Thanks to all contributors. I've lurked here on and off for several years so nice to finally chat with some like minded souls, even if half of you are deviates.

Comment

luva i think the student visa is a good first option. That way you can test the waters at the same time. I'm sure you've looked in to the financial requirements vis a vis PI applicants for such visas, so if you can get that sorted you should be on the way.

Good luck man
                          Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....t=17070

Comment

I was refering to tourist visas in my posts above as in the case of the UK they are generally easier to get.

I have not had to do a student visa from afresh so I can only add a few general comments.

Check up to see if there are any tie-ups between universities in PI and your chosen locality in Oz.
                              It would make it easier to get an approval if she 'transfers' from the PI university to the Oz university.

Certain courses - like languages - are easier to get student visas for than others.
                              Also some countries operate a sort of quota system for student visas based on subjects studied - don't know if Oz is one of them but I suspect it is.

Bearing in mind Australia's policy on favouring immigrants with skills that are needed by the country it's possible that a visa application from a student with such a skill may be more favourably considered.

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X