Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there Scope for a Forums 'Suggestions Box'?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there Scope for a Forums 'Suggestions Box'?

Just wondered if there was scope for a Suggestions Box in the News and Views thread. This would enable us to post suggestions to possibly improve the forum in the open rather than PMing Stogie and swamping him with things that may have been suggested in the past.

My first one would be the 'ignore button'; currently it blocks a person's text but not photos- is there no way to shut someone's posts out completely?
    I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

(Ivor Biggun @ Jul. 02 2009,09:05) is there no way to shut someone's posts out completely?
    There is if you're a moderator.      

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

There ya go Ivor, you can start soliciting to be a moderator, just like you did for your VIP status.

Its now official, no one is taking you seriously. You say you will now use ignore button and ignore me, but go around the forum bagging me.

Hey at least your creating some of your own threads to bitch about me on instead of thread bombing C&D's, LB's of Phuket, Milestones in Posting etc.

The ignore photo button. What next you want them screened for ya?
      Attached Files

Comment

i like the photo
        i love t-girls

Comment

I prove my point completely . Open a sensible thread and Saint Boarhog the Martyr ( henceforth to be known as SBTM) proves to be a complete dickhead and the reason such a system would be useful for those of us that choose not to want to read some posts. Keep digging the hole you pathetic   I put someone on iggy and they know they are on iggy but just keep coming- what a   Some peeps just seem to have a God complex and can't hack criticism

Comment

(Road Runner @ Jul. 02 2009,15:30)
            (Ivor Biggun @ Jul. 02 2009,09:05) is there no way to shut someone's posts out completely?
            There is if you're a moderator.      

RR.
            You lucky, lucky basket!! Just off to get MY nuts in some NON-CYBER guts!

Comment

I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions.

The forum is in a state of flux and we hope to tweak it to greatness!

There is an option in the control panel to hide images I think. But it might just be avatars... I can't remember...

Comment

I think it's just the avatars.

But once you open a thread there's an option at the upper left hand corner that says "Print this thread". Click it and you'll get text only format. Good for public spaces.

Comment

(Boarhog @ Jul. 02 2009,09:40) There ya go Ivor, you can start soliciting to be a moderator, just like you did for your VIP status.
                  You can try soliciting for VIP status and you might just succeed - then again you might not.

Moderator's? Well I'm not even sure why I'm one.

To answer the original question properly - no you can't shut out posts completely.
                  I doubt that's an option in any forum software as I suspect it would pose problems with the operation of the database. BAM - any comments?

RR.
                  Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                  Kahuna

Comment

Is this thing between Boarhog and Ivor a feud so old that everyone forgot what the vendetta was about and how it started, or is there an actual reason for the public fight?

Comment

actually I do have a suggestion

it would be funny to have right next to the username the number of other members who have put the poster on their ignore list

:-)

lol

Comment

Easier to do than you might think, actually!

Comment

(manarak @ Jul. 03 2009,03:33) Is this thing between Boarhog and Ivor a feud so old that everyone forgot what the vendetta was about and how it started, or is there an actual reason for the public fight?

actually I do have a suggestion

it would be funny to have right next to the username the number of other members who have put the poster on their ignore list
                          Stogie - Easier to do than you might think, actually!
                          In a nutshell Manarak it started when Ivor was compelled to belittle the Miss Patong contest on Jimbo's C&D's thread, which I chastised him for naturally. A few others joined in as peacemakers further bombing the thread. This brought out an apoligy from Ivor to Jimbo and he announced that he had discovered the ignore button which he would use on me. However he has gone on to gripe about me reposting photos on Milestones of posting thread and even starting a thread with a post that mentioned me although totally irrelevant. All this under his "ignore"status.

Stogie mentions they have the technolgy to do this, but what does this actually establish. Ivor could put up his black mark against for himself and Paradise Juggler and then a re-registrant like Beef could put a few dozen marks with his multitude of accounts that he may sign up for on a slow day.

Then what? I would have a bunch of black marks by my avator? So what? I'm still going to post "nuts and guts" photos which seem to offend Ivor. I'm still going re-post photos in recognition of top threads hitting a milestone. I'm still going to give him shit for thread bombing under the guise that he is ignoring me. and my car is still going to start tommorrow.

I just find it laughable that he has an issue with Miss Patong Poll, posting of sexual content photos on this site, and reposting of photos from a thread thats being acknowledged on a thread called Milestones of posting. There has to be far more underlying issues with this guy, I would have to think. He is still the only guy on here I have seen solicit becoming a VIP, so it appears he is seeking some kind of acceptance from someone. If you read what the guy says he thinks he is the reason why we have a Phuket Forum, why Jimbo is posting and promoting here, but yet he doesn't post one photo and attacks me over posting photos and holding a contest that does nothing but promote Phuket ladyboys, Bars, and the forum.

Its actually quite intriguing, I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Comment

Boarhog, actually I don't think of those counters as a black mark or a punishment - I just think of it as something funny!
                            As this forum too, it is fun, not work, and certainly nothing to get angry about  

I must concede that I was too slightly irritated by the double posting of the pix - but not too much irritated.

Maybe Ivor surfs on one of these 34k baud analog modems, and every pic takes 10 minutes to appear.
                            Then I too would be angry wasting bandwidth.

When I see pix I already saw somewhere else, I just think "oh well" and I zap to another thread - what are my 20 Mbit download speed for?

Comment

I'm with ya on a re-posted photo, but for a thread like milestones of posting its an essential promotion for that thread being acknowledged. Those threads are the forums most viewed, replied or longevity tested, and reposting of a photo from them shouldn't be irratating. Its a microcosm of the thread itself. If they are irratated by best of type photos then they should stay away from that thread.

One should also take note Miss Patong thread photos are mostly reposts of the contestants best shots from vaious threads, sites collections. I do my best to credit whoever took the photo. I have also consent. Those polls have also brought new photos from private collections as well. I was lacking photos of Waros and some of her supporters got some from her Hi5 site, Pentire added two of her from his Postcards from Patong thread. I had seen them before, and didn't irratate me whatsoever. In fact I'm glad he contributed.

I post several Soi croc photos on LB's of Phuket site that have the Cocktails & Dreams logo on them. That doesn't mean they have been already posted on that thread. Quite contrary actually. Perhaps you have seen them on another site. Perhaps some think they are reposted because they have the logo on them.

I'm guilty of putting a photo of already posted from another thread onto another thread if its relevant. I realise some people have an issue with that, and have taken that on board. However when some takes a photo from their TR lets say and then puts it on LB's of Phuket thread, I personally have no issue with that, and thank them usually. I know Jimbo has no probs with some one posting a photo of one inside his bar and they have posted on a TR or another thread.

Look my issue with Ivor was the negativity towards Miss Patong, my photo content and reposting on milestones. He was expressing this on other threads not just that thread. I see he is starting a day in the Life of Phuket and he might actually post photos. Thats great for all of us, and I will be right in line to show my support for that. I won't crticise it for not having photos or non-sexual ones. I'll just be happy someone is taking the time to promote Patong/Phuket for what it is. "My favorite ladyboy destination".

Comment

Working...
                              X