X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first LB exclusive trip coming up!

Well, after a few trips to LOS for a mixture of GG and LB experiences, I have decided my next trip will be solely LB. I think a lot of us start off that way, first as a walk on the wild side, then slowly sliding over to realize that we prefer LB's, and finally saying the heck with GG, LB's rock!

I have already booked my flight and made my reservation of PBR based on the many great reviews here on the site and from my conversations with Farangbah, my fellow LB fan here in Japan. While I have been to Bangkok and Phuket, this will be my first time to Pattaya and am looking forward to exploring and hopefully meeting a few of the board members while in LOS, so if anyone is planning to be in Pattaya Dec. 18-Jan. 1, please feel free to send me a message and lets make plans to go exploring.

Was planning to bring my MacBook with me, but after 4 trusty years, she decided to die on me and I am waiting for the rumored MacTablet to come before plunking down for a new laptop, so I have a couple of questions for you guys.

I will be bringing my iPhone 3GS with me, and using it as a still and video cam. It is 32GB and has plenty of storage, and I have a 20GB Mobile Me account to upload to if things get tight. But, I was hoping to give a day by day diary of decadence her on the board, and was wondering if it would be okay to put links in my post to my Mobile Me account until I can get home to upload them directly.

The reason I ask, is because, while I can upload photos to that account, when I use the browser on the iPhone, it won't let me attach files to posts directly to the site. I want to be able to share pics and vids with you guys, but don't want to break any rules. Also, if any of you guys have an iPhone and can think of a work around, let me know as well.

And as always, if any of you are headed for Japan, let me know and I will share what info I can to make your visit more enjoyable. Just remember, Japan ain't cheap. I was actually headed to a shop to visit one of my favorites here in Japan, when it suddenly hit me that for what I was spending for 90 minutes ($250) could get me at least four LT's on my upcoming trip, so I turned around and drove home, lol.

Thanks for any advice on the iPhone issue.
    "I love the smell of Ladyboy in the morning, it smells like victory"  

(whrw @ Oct. 20 2009,14:06) Thanks for any advice on the iPhone issue.
    Too late ...... my advice as usual would be ''why would you buy *anything* from that company?" It's always nothing but trouble and drama.

I have the feeling this thread will be moved into the Newbie room once the admin sees it, so look there for more replies from masochistic Mac users. Have fun on your first trip to Thailand, you will surely want to go back again and again.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

I will be there from the 30th whrw, look forward to seeing you around and welcome to the forum 
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Hi whrw. A couple of thoughts on the iPhone.

There is no 3G mobile coverage in LOS that I know of. The average speed for mobile internet access won't come close to what you have in Japan & I worry that you won't be able to upload your pics as you describe.

Snick is the best person here to advise you on that. He has given his iPhone a workout in Thailand & knows better than I what you can expect.

I think you either save your pics on the phone or go to an internet shop & download them there on to a thumb drive or one of the dedicated photo sites. Remember they don't allow risque pics.

I hope someone does describe their experience in LOS with their iPhone so I will know what to expect. My expectations are low but I would like to know just how good is the web access.

Here in Oz, it has proved itself to be more than a toy & I look forward to future models when it will perform as effectively as any palm/lap top device.
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I was not planning on using the iPhone as a phone while in LOS that much anyway. Since I can use the built in wi-fi, all I need is a hot spot and I am connected to the net. I almost always use wi-fi to make calls on Skype from my iPhone so I do not have to pay cell phone or roaming charges anyway.

Yeah, I guess the best thing to do is just store them on the phone and on my remote hard drive. if I use more than 56GB for pics and vids, I am taking to much anyway, lol. Will just have to add the pics when I get home I guess.

Thanks again!

Comment

There is limited 3G coverage in the sukhemvit area.
            Fortunately that includes Nana Plaza !!

There is no easy way to use your iPhone as an uploader, your best bet is to go to an internet cafe, when hooked up with a USB cable the pc should see the iPhone as an external drive and be able to access photos you take (but not photos in galleries).
            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Thanks Snick, though not sure I want my Internet Cafe neighbor to look over my shoulder and see the kind of pics I hope to be taking, lol.

Comment

Hey, mate. Hope you get it all sorted -- I know how much you rely on that iPhone of yours.

I'll be in town at some point during your stretch. Details to follow . . .

Comment

Working...
                X