Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Nino. I like what you are doing with your effects. The pic above & in post 76 have a poster quality about them. The primary colours have been boosted & I am curious what you did. Are you using a filter or are you altering the image in Photoshop or similar?

I also like post 70. By reducing the colour & increasing the brightness & contrast, you have made the subject more intense & given her a surreal presence. And I love the unusual angles you use too.

I was too timid to post pictures that were deliberately distorted but after seeing what you have achieved, I want to see how I can improve a regular pic with some after-shot adjustments.

Any tips?
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I love all these girls with lots of pubes, I am in B'kok now can anyone direct me to where they may be found. Thanks a lot.

Comment

(PB2sta @ Mar. 28 2010,09:55) I love all these girls with lots of pubes, I am in B'kok now can anyone direct me to where they may be found. Thanks a lot.
        What?

Comment

Each to his own but I know I am far from being alone in this department. I would not call you a wanker because you like bald eagles. How boring it would be if we were all the same. Ends.

Comment

(PB2sta @ Mar. 28 2010,11:10) Each to his own but I know I am far from being alone in this department. I would not call you a  wanker because you like bald eagles. How  boring it would be if we were all the same. Ends.
            It wasn't your preference it was the question that threw me and the icon was meant to indicate I'm unsure - apologies.

Comment

(pacman @ Mar. 28 2010,10:53) El Nino. I like what you are doing with your effects. The pic above & in post 76 have a poster quality about them. The primary colours have been boosted & I am curious what you did. Are you using a filter or are you altering the image in Photoshop or similar?

I also like post 70. By reducing the colour & increasing the brightness & contrast, you have made the subject more intense & given her a surreal presence. And I love the unusual angles you use too.

I was too timid to post pictures that were deliberately distorted but after seeing what you have achieved, I want to see how I can improve a regular pic with some after-shot adjustments.

Any tips?
              Hi Pacman,

Thanks 4 commenting.
              The angle of the pics are as they were taken. I might crop in some cases but do not rotate them other than perhaps 90 degrees or flipping them horizontally. I found that I often get more interesting shots when I hold the camera at an angle. You might also get more of a subject if you can use the diagonal of the picture instead of being limited by its height or width. Basically there are no rules that could not be broken in photography if you get the desired result.

I work in Photoshop as I am most familar with it and I do think it's a great program. No problem to dl a cracked or serial-numbered version from the web. GIMP and many others might be good as well but I'm too lazy to learn another program which will probably not be able to match PS. And often they are what I would call too consumer-friendly by doing the thinking for the customer. Although, I did discover quite a good quick-post-processing program called "Jade". It comes for Mac and PC, as a stand alone product and a PS plugin and it does fairly decent out of the can enhancements.

I mostly use layers. If you double the original layer and switch the new one to "Screen" in the layer's palette, it will lighten up the original picture. Do it another time if necessary. Play with the opacity to reduce the effect. Switch another copy to "Overlay" and it will boost the colors.

Using "layer (vector) masks" (the white circle on dark background on the bottom of the layer palette) lets you apply any effect to certain areas only or fade them by applying a gradient to the layer mask.

All this is non-destructive as long as you save those files in psd-format.

As for No. 70, I honestly forgot what I did but I am certain I played around with layer masks.

And I usually sharpen as I am a sharp-nut. Unless the original file is too fuzzy, then u r out of luck. But in general I would say that there is almost no photo that could not be saved or turned into a much more spectacular one.

There is a great podcast called "Adobe Photoshop Quicktips" by Justin Seely - so far some 77 episodes, mostly around 5 minutes with some very useful tips. There are a ton of podcasts on all kinds of topics, and they are all free -no need for an iPod even.

Today's pic has already been tuned but I will post a b4 and edited shot 2moro.

Cheers from KL.
              EL Nino
              Please kindly respect the privacy of this thread. Do NOT show this thread or the pictures within to people outside this board. People appearing in the photograph or others connected to them might get offended and cause trouble. If this happens I would have to end this thread immediately or move it to a private section of this board.
              Please contact the OP if you feel that a certain picture should be removed and state your reasons. Thank you.

Comment

(PB2sta @ Mar. 28 2010,10:55) I love all these girls with lots of pubes, I am in B'kok now can anyone direct me to where they may be found. Thanks a lot.
                Most are actually Pattaya-gals. PM me if you need to know more about a specific one.
                Can't promise that I still have all of that data, but can try.
                Please kindly respect the privacy of this thread. Do NOT show this thread or the pictures within to people outside this board. People appearing in the photograph or others connected to them might get offended and cause trouble. If this happens I would have to end this thread immediately or move it to a private section of this board.
                Please contact the OP if you feel that a certain picture should be removed and state your reasons. Thank you.

Comment

Sunday, 03-28-2010
                  Attached Files

Comment

Monday, 03-29-2010
                    Attached Files

Comment

4 Pacman, the b4-pic ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

(El Nino @ Mar. 29 2010,21:40) 4 Pacman, the b4-pic ...
                        hmmmm.....   interesting....    thanks El Nino.

Now what would I have done?    

I like some of your other effects more but you certainly give me something to think about.  Cheers.

Comment

well, it's always a bit difficult to come up with sth when there is some expectation ;-)

perhaps this is also not the best pic as the light areas blow out a bit but it was just to demonstrate. I tried to ul the psd-file but seems that this is not poss. If you can provide me with an e-mail address, I can send it to you - or maybe it can be ul-ed and I just do not know how ...

Comment

(El Nino @ Mar. 28 2010,18:23) I mostly use layers. If you double the original layer and switch the new one to "Screen" in the layer's palette, it will lighten up the original picture. Do it another time if necessary. Play with the opacity to reduce the effect. Switch another copy to "Overlay" and it will boost the colors.

Using "layer (vector) masks" (the white circle on dark background on the bottom of the layer palette) lets you apply any effect to certain areas only or fade them by applying a gradient to the layer mask.

All this is non-destructive as long as you save those files in psd-format.
                            Well that makes it simple...          thanks...    

I do follow you even though I don't own Photoshop. I will get it the next time I visit Pantip Plaza or Tukcom.

And I know what you mean when you say how difficult it is to match expectations. I never intended to disparage your efforts but on looking at the original shot, I thought the brightness on the girl's upper half needed boosting while the lighting for the rest was fine.

This is why a pro carries extra lighting. A slave flash unit bouncing off the ceiling or lighting one side would have made a big difference. Are you happy with the performance of the Canon's flash? (An EOS 50D is it not?)

Comment

(pacman @ Mar. 30 2010,11:47) This is why a pro carries extra lighting. A slave flash unit bouncing off the ceiling or lighting one side would have made a big difference. Are you happy with the performance of the Canon's flash? (An EOS 50D is it not?)
                              You are def right on the lighting issue. No, this one was only an IXUS point and shot - don't want to give the girls the impression that I am intending to sell any of the shots I take and the handling of the bigger ones incl off-camera flash units is a bit of a pain as most gals are not so keen on posing - well, my experience at least.

I leave that to the pros like Snapper, etc. ;-)

No full size cams for me yet - too pricey ;-(

Comment

Tuesday, 03-30-2010
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X