Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of us have already gathered that...but you're getting one for Christmas anyway!

Comment

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
      General George Patton Jr

Comment

Wow, Dr. Willie with those credentials I know the band must've been good (were they Filipino? Seems like they have the market for good bar bands in Asia.)

Seriously, one of my other passions besides ladyboys is good live music & it's one of the main reasons I hesitate to consider moving full time to LOS, need the tunes real bad.
        A few years ago I bumped into a coworker on a commuter train when I lived in the burbs, we got to talking & he mentioned that he played trumpet with Paul Butterfield for a while.....
        I was speechless.

Comment

I got up at 7:00 am to the loathsome sound of my alarm clock. I did my ablutions, finished packing, had breakfast, paid the hotel bill and rolled myself into the limo which would take me to the airport by 8:30. The trip to the airport took 90 minutes.

The flight was non eventful. I flew Bangkok Air and would equate it to the quality regional airlines in North America. Not top of the line but good enough for me. Bangkok Air has been rated as the best regional airline for a number of years. That is the initial reason I booked it.

I am staying at the Expat. I wanted a hotel that was within reasonable access of Bangla and this hotel seemed to meet the requirement. I initially tried to book the Yorkshire Inn before I came to Thailand, but something happen to their confirmation message to me and therefore, I thought they had ignored me and booked the Expat. I don€™t know whose email screwed up theirs or mine. This is a large step down from the Pattaya Bay Resort. The room is small and the bathroom does not have a shower booth €“ the same setup as a short term room bathroom. On the positive side, the location is convenient and the pool area is excellent.

After supper it was off to Cocktails and Dreams. The girls are really friendly and fun loving. I played pool with Nookie and Beer. I bar fined Beer for ST. C&D is a must see if you are in Phuket. There is lots of clowning around and having fun €“ a real party atmosphere. The bar is large and spacious but not so big that you get lost. The staff is helpful. Just a great place!

Jim suggested we go down to Croc. So Jim, Beer, I and another customer head off. This will be covered in subsequent posts.

After our expedition to croc, Beer and I returned to my room where ST becomes LT. Beer always has a smile and is fun. I could easily fall in love with this girl. Her love of life is infectious and lifts you. We snuggled all night long.

Picture of Beer
          Attached Files

Comment

Party at Cocktails & Dreams.
            Attached Files

Comment

Adventures at the Croc. Part 1

THE MENU.
              13561.jpg

DrWillie having supper.
              13613.jpg

Adventures at the Croc. Part 2

Nut. This is the most beautiful lady (ladyboy or lady) that I have seen. She is definitely super model material.
              13685.jpg

Comment

(pacman @ Aug. 10 2010,19:43)
                (DrWillie @ Aug. 10 2010,16:43) Their repertoire was eclectic including everything from blues and Dave Brubeck to the Beetles to Opera.
                They are a good band, like a breath of fresh air after the racket being played in every bar in Walking Street. Imagine having a good Italian meal in Pattaya while listening to classic opera arias. That drummer has a wonderful voice.

Funiculi, funicula anyone?

I notice you haven't mentioned your own not-insignificant jazz career...      

Seriously, our DrWillie even played with Charlie Parker, was I not supposed to mention that? I know if I had shared a stage with the Bird, I would want to say something.

Ask Admin to delete my last paragraph if that should stay secret. And they could spell Beatles for you at the same time...      

And the birthday girl? I don't know what name she told you but that's Som, one of my two guesses. Now where's my prize?      
                Yes! I Shy! No Mention Career!

You got the musician wrong so that will keep it anomyous.

And how dare you criticize my spelling? This could lead to a war.

You do get the reward for correctly identifying Som. You did have the advantage of knowing Obsessions more thoroughly than the rest of us. Who suggested that there would be a reward. Are you trying to make me loose face???

Comment

(El_hefe @ Aug. 11 2010,12:21) Wow, Dr. Willie with those credentials I know the band must've been good (were they Filipino? Seems like they have the market for good bar bands in Asia.)

Seriously, one of my other passions besides ladyboys is good live music & it's one of the main reasons I hesitate to consider moving full time to LOS, need the tunes real bad.  
                  A few years ago I bumped into a coworker on a commuter train when I lived in the burbs, we got to talking & he mentioned that he played trumpet with Paul Butterfield for a while.....  
                  I was speechless.
                  There was a quartet. The drummer was Caucasian. He is the one with the fantastic tenor/baritone voice. The piano player looked Filipino. The guitarist was definitely Thai. The bass player I did not see well enough to comment. Maybe PACMAN knows.

In my opinion, the quality was the best I have heard down here in Thailand and would be equivalent to your regular club in New York, LA, Toronto or Chicago (i.e. the top arts centres) but not top name performers.

Comment

Really enjoying your report DrW, keep up the good work!

Hey AB, my launch date has been moved up about 2 Days to 26 Jan.

We want  this and that, we demand a share in that and most of that, some of this and phuckin' all of that...less of that and more of this and phuckin' plenty of this and we want it now....and the demands will all be changed so phuking stay awake!

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Comment

(Dicko65 @ Aug. 12 2010,01:37) Really enjoying your report DrW, keep up the good work!  

Hey AB, my launch date has been moved up about 2 Days to 26 Jan.  
                      hey D 65
                      look at my clock i fixed it.
                      i will be getting in jan27 11:40pm

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
                      General George Patton Jr

Comment

I think both you guys should let Ivor know how the clocks are going.

Comment

(Dicko65 @ Aug. 12 2010,01:37) Hey AB, my launch date has been moved up about 2 Days to 26 Jan.  
                          Dicko and AB I'll arrive Patts January 23 so we can hook up when u arrive and I'll introduce you to both of the girls I haven't defiled already.

Great report so far Dr. - or can I just call you Ringo? (Dont worry - plenty of other celebrities on here so your secret's safe with us).
                          Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

(pacman @ Aug. 10 2010,19:43) Seriously, our DrWillie even played with Charlie Parker, was I not supposed to mention that? I know if I had shared a stage with the Bird, I would want to say something.
                            You couldn't have shared his stage...You're too young...Charlie Parker died in 1955...
                            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Not having ever seen the good Dr. I was assuming he was one of our elder statesmen until he clarified that he didn't play with "Bird".

Comment

(Steff @ Aug. 12 2010,15:44) I think both you guys should let Ivor know how the clocks are going.
                                Don't go there Steff. AB, I land at BKK @ 2330 26 Jan 11.

We want  this and that, we demand a share in that and most of that, some of this and phuckin' all of that...less of that and more of this and phuckin' plenty of this and we want it now....and the demands will all be changed so phuking stay awake!

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Comment

Working...
                                X