Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day at the Races, Anyone?

Hi folks in the VIP lounge...

It's possible that during the first week of July a group of us will be going to the horse races for the day in England.

If you might be interested in such an event please PM me, email me or add your name here.

There's nothing confirmed yet but it's likely the event will cost under 90 pounds a head and that includes admission, a private box at the track (on the winning line) with car parking, food buffet, newspapers and a private cash bar, etc...

Pay on the day when you show up...

Serious inquires only! I'll forward you the details if and when it takes off...

Stogie
    Attached Files

Never been to the Races b4.could be a good laugh, any LB's & I take it , it'll be a course up north ?
    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Check your PM box!

Comment

This is kind of but I was going to go to the races this Sunday with my lb. I'm glad I called first and even happeir I asked about dress code. Was surprised to find out we couldn't wear shorts anywhere at the track? I questioned this: "What about outside?" the lady said "everywhere we are serious" No sandals or jeans she continued. She told me we could rent slacks.

Well I didn't want to rent slacks for me or my lb. I had to buy her pants at Tiger Temple when I took her there and those were humbling enough. I could understand for religous purposes but not to gamble in the sun. Couldn't see weearing or renting slacks to stand in 30 plus sunshine.

was wondering if anyone here had went to either racetrack in BKK and was it any fun? they each only race once a month, would hardly call that "serious"

Comment

I've never been to the races before in my life, but I'll be dressing up for this one!

Comment

The time draws ever closer...

Anyone up for this let me know...

It's about 80 quid a head or 100 with all you can drink booze!

Comment

I hope your host can provide you with some good information. There is nothing like a nice collect to cap off a good day at the track.

I was a member of the local Turf Club here for over 10 years until the corruption became so bad that myself, my father & others all returned our memberships in protest.

I have never set foot on a racetrack since. The only time I visit a betting shop today is to have an interest in the Melbourne Cup - one race where you know all the horses are at least trying.

One time 4 of us travelled to a major provincial track to back a 2 year old owned by a good friend.

This youngster had only had one run in the bush for a first up win but was placed into a field of far superior horses where consequently the bookies gave it no chance.

What they didn't know that this baby had to be pulled up in a trial where the jockey swore that it was the fastest thing he had ever ridden.

The only people who knew was the trainer, the jockey & us, all friends of the owner.

The look on the bookmaker's face when I backed this horse for $500 at 30/1 was priceless. He looked at me like I was the original idiot. I should add the favourite was odds-on & unbackable.

The gates opened & our horse was 5 lengths in front within half a furlong. Then it was obvious that something had happened. It turned out that our horse tore all its chest muscles away from its frame from the sheer effort of its explosive start.

It never raced again.        We all went home drunk.         It was a good day & almost a fantastic day.     And the favourite? It ran 5th...        
              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Here in Galway we have one of the biggest racing festivals in ireland and U.K happening every summer sometime at the end of July for 6-7 days of racing.

Check this link out: galwayraces

when i was young we as a family would try a spend one day at the races, but for the last 15 yrs we didn't go as things got expensive and with too many people going nowadays, it has just got uncomfortable.

When i worked in town late in the evening in fast food joints, the races week was nothing short of HELL on earth, the town of Galway is just taken over by hordes of yuppie assholes and their partners and everyone gets drunk on the streets, and then they use the streets as a toilet.

I think of all my time in galway, the races are by far the worst experience i have ever had of a horrid time and local people have become scared to leave their homes in case something happens during that week.
                i love t-girls

Comment

Working...
                X