X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn & Natalie & baby...

I'll post the pics I took and then add some thoughts after...
    Attached Files

Some more pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics...
      Attached Files

Comment

Last two...
        Attached Files

Comment

The first 6 images are of the place that you told me about.

I went there first... It's too far away and the walk from the BTS is impossible especially with a child. The taxi way is just a conjested mess, too.

That's a shame because as you can see there is ample room in the place and it looks reasonably clean.

The atmosphere of the building though is one of an Eastern European hotel of the 1960's and you can bet that the swimming pool was designed by a nostalgic but unimaginative Russian!

After a couple of nights here you'll be feeling very isolated and a million miles from the Guess Bar...

Comment

The rest of the pics (the remaining 5) are of places within easy walking distance of The Guess Bar.

Here they are cheap and will rent for a few weeks but they are small and dirty.

Thanks to Tomcat for his help looking around this area. he was marching around the alleyways on soi 4 like he was born here!

We also inquired about long stays in some of the hotels but the ones that aren't fully booked are reluctant to offer rooms for a month other than at full room rate.

I'm afraid that the news isn't as good as I had hoped. It's easy enough to find a place to stay, but a roomy place which is clean, close by and at a sensible short term rate seems to have eluded us so far.

It seems The Raja is looking increasingly more attractive.

It's worth pointing out that at the moment and for the next few weeks the hotels in this area specialize in Arab clients. there are multitudes of them. You don't really notice that they are there until you have been in and out of a few hotels.

If you want a place to stay for the first few days while you wonder around looking then let me know.

You can have our house for a while and I'll disappear to Pattaya for a few days...

(Honestly - I won't mind a bit!)

Comment

Hey thanks to Stogie and to Tomcat for traipsing around all over the place for us! You guys are champs though your findings do not bode well it seems!

It is a pity about the first place pictured, as you said it looks spacious enough and reasonably clean.. Features suspiciously absent in the second lot of pics...

Your offer of your place for a couple of days is very generous too Stogie, though I fear it might take us a little longer than that to wander around looking.. Wandering around is no longer as simple as it once was!!

Can we have a think for a day or so and get back to you? As you suggested, the Raja is perhaps looking like a better option than it once was, and it may even be a little prudent to stay there a few days to try it on for size..

That said however, you place has always sounded nice

Thanks again Stogie, and of course to Tomcat for your bravery in the alleys of soi 4!

GnN

Comment

I love the shot of the Toilet paper on the bed
                Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Looks like the holding cell in a cop shop
                  Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

want to share how you know what one of those looks like?
                    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

What is this the new rooms at Hi Boss?

Comment

(katoeylover @ Aug. 04 2008,00:40) want to share how you know what one of those looks like?  
                        Growing up in Belfast you were considered gay if you didn't spend a night in there at least once a month when you were a teenager
                        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Sorry I missed the original question here. It appears something like where can a couple stay cheaply (and they have a baby with them)? I have stayed in dozens of places all over BKK (I move every time the place I am staying does something to piss me off) so perhaps I can help if I know the criteria?

Comment

Hi there EyeMahk.

The problem has found a resolution you'll be happy to know. But thanks for offering to help,

Stogie

Comment

(EyeMahk @ Aug. 28 2008,00:29) Sorry I missed the original question here.  It appears something like where can a couple stay cheaply (and they have a baby with them)?  I have stayed in dozens of places all over BKK (I move every time the place I am staying does something to piss me off) so perhaps I can help if I know the criteria?
                              Hey EyeMahk,

Thanks heaps for your offer but as Stogie says, the matter has resolved itself for this trip... If you are around in Oct/Nov we'd love to catch up for a chat though for next trip/s.. We like to stay longer stays so benefitting from any of your experience would be gold!

Cheers again,

Glenn and Natalie

Comment

Working...
                              X