X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election 3rd July 2011 - Bars closed?

I understand that there is a Thailand National Election on 3rd July 2011.

Will the bars and other venues be closed on Election Day and in any of the days that follow Election Day?

My interest is particularly in relation to venues in Bangkok and Pattaya

National Elections maybe. Sometimes Bars open but no booze. Certainly KC3 has never abided by the law even with the booze and give punters paper cups to drink out of as if its a soft drink. pattaya i have no clue...Im sure Sunee Plaza has an opt out

Snick is usually the expert on these things

Comment

My gut feeling is that virtually everywhere will be closed across the country as this is a very high profile election. It means the bars are closed on the Saturday which is the 2nd and then open/can serve from approx: 9/10pm on the Sunday night. There maybe a few out of way places willing to take the risk, but in previous national elections its actually strictly enforced.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

yep thats my feelings on it exactly. It was very strict last time, with only Margharita Bar on the corner of Bangla managing to function normally. Quite how they managed that, one can only speculate.

Thankfully, this time, its during Low Season, and doesn't really upset me. It'll be an opportunity to go to the cinema, or maybe order some room "service" !
        www.ladyboy-bar.com
        cocktailsanddreamsphuket.com

Comment

I dont care, the fridge will be full,  the pool inviting and the girls a plenty  
          and the music from my ipod rather than bang bang bang bang crap.

bring it on  
          http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

Alright! So there's a LB pool party at spare wheels house! I hope your iPod selection doesn't suck!

What's that address again??

Comment

Just spoke to the little lady, looks like the RED shirts are getting back into power !

So guys, whats the chances of the £ & $ getting stronger against the Baht, it's been a good few years since We see the heights of 60-70 baht to the £.
              Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Absolutely no chance!

But prepare for more yellow shirt protests, followed by a coup! TIT.
                www.ladyboy-bar.com
                cocktailsanddreamsphuket.com

Comment

So KhuntAksin will be back soon!

One voter was quoted in the papers yesterday "I know all our politicians are corrupt, so I am happy for Thaksin to return'. Sums things up really.  Looks like a clear cut result, so the meddlers may have a problem trying to 'influence events' this time.

If all the Pheu Thai election promises are carried out, the economy could be under real pressure.  The outgoing Finance Minister, and the Bank of Thailand, are both warning, not too many handouts. But the Baht seems to have a life of its own, so don't hold your breath  
                  TT

Comment

(TTChang @ Jul. 03 2011,21:34) So Khun Taksin will be back soon!
                    That was my first though!

Should we do a poll?
                    The Ladyboy Quest... It just goes on and on and on!

Comment

Working...
                    X