X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How get travel health insurance for Thailand

Am jetting to Pattya Beach next month and am considering Travel Health insurance after hearing horror stories about expensive hospital visits. Am American and need help where I can buy some for a 6 week fling. After that I visit in April 2016 for 2 months. Next year Sept-December will start visits to thailand, KL, and Singapore. Your help is appreciated at this late date.

There is many places to buy temporary insurance these days.
    I live in Canada and find my free coverage along with my work coverage is all I need.
    However when I had a different job i used to buy travel insurance.

If you have an AAA membership i think you can get quite good deals.

Most of the airlines will try to sell you travel insurance when you buy online these days.
    You may want to check if there is deals through the airline you are booked on.

Usually I would buy it through my bank, but Air Canada also sells insurance from my bank when you buy a ticket.
    You should be able to buy term travel insurance from most banks.

Plus American Express and other agencies also sell it.

International Citizens Insurance offers global health, life, and travel medical insurance plans for groups, individuals, and families abroad.

Also check what your credit cards already have.
    Some of the premium cards and travel specific cards have some different types of insurance coverage.
    Is your credit card travel protection the same as travel insurance? Turns out, it's not. Here's what you need to know before your next trip.

Also sometimes if you have home insurance it can have travel insurance built in, usually not health coverage though.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Got something good

Couldn't open up the website for Amex so went to my bank this morning and asked questions about Amex health insurance coverage. Turns out I already and always have health insurance coverage of $250,000.00. Wow. Also got luggage insurance, too. They don't have a printed form for you to show the Thai hospital. Instead you just call them at 1-800-224-46633. this might just be an American Amex branch so you will need to visit your bank or call the 1-800 number on the back of your Amex card. They will ask for birthdate and mother's maiden name. Also the 4 or 3 numbers on the card. Then they will transfer you to the department that handles travel health and luggage insurance. Online stories about lots of Brits and Aussie getting raped, killed, robbed, drugged, and so on online. Try Google Thailand scams, Bangkok scams, Phuket scams, Chiang Mai scams. Before I started my first trip I read many stories for days. Even saw videos of Thai fighting tourists and themselves. I was prepared when I got into my first fight. That's another funny story I'll tell you about later on.

So good luck finding out if you already have Amex insurance. Also, I took the opportunity to inform them I would be in Thailand on so and so dates. They need to know this otherwise they will think someone stole your cards. This did happen to me when a charge was made in a Texas border town. Never been there. Amex instantly cancelled my card, called to inform me, and automatically sent me a new card Fedex. That's service! I advise you to write down the above telephone number along with those on the backs of all your credit cards on a piece of paper and scotch tape it to the last leaf of your passport.

Happy travels and take lots of pics for all of us to share.

Comment

For anyone doing frequent traveling out of country who don't have insurance via a card, etc. It is possible to buy an annual plan that works out to be less than buying for each trip. Just check with the major insurance companies, as it will give you the best bang for the buck if you don't already have coverage.

With regards to scams and fights in Thailand - basically use your common sense and don't get too drunk - if you forget these 2 rules, you most likely will run into trouble in LOS. I've been to Thailand 50+ times over the years and haven't had any problems at all.

Another good place to have your information is your e-mail account. Take a photo or scan of your passport ID page along with other essential information and e-mail mail it to yourself. When you need it you can print it off when you arrive at your destination.

While in Thailand you should print out that copy of your passport and keep it on you. They are getting more strict with people carrying proper ID since the bombing. A copy of your passport will do, if you get stopped and explain the embassy or consulate recommend carrying a copy vs. the real thing. Keep your passport in a secure place. It will come in handy when you change money as well, since it is a requirement.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
        X