X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soi rachatada

Hey guys i know Stogie or someone said how great this place is in another post and I would like to know specifics. First are there lots of LB's there? and second, where is the place (near the Hollywood disco as discussed in nother post) and what is its name? I have been in too many taxi cabs with some taxi driver from Issan trying to explain to him where something is and his getting lost or not knowing BKK and not understanding my shitty Farang accent when it comes to pronouncing Thai words so if whomever is the expert with the part of town please let me know specifics, place, times and days of the week when good b/c I am getting tired of just going to NaNa 24/7 for my whole trip. thanks.

Originally posted by (generouschap @ Mar. 08 2005,12:03)
    Hey guys i know Stogie or someone said how great this place is in another post and I would like to know specifics. First are there lots of LB's there? and second, where is the place (near the Hollywood disco as discussed in nother post) and what is its name? I have been in too many taxi cabs with some taxi driver from Issan trying to explain to him where something is and his getting lost or not knowing BKK and not understanding my shitty Farang accent when it comes to pronouncing Thai words so if whomever is the expert with the part of town please let me know specifics, place, times and days of the week when good b/c I am getting tired of just going to NaNa 24/7 for my whole trip. thanks.
    Iv' e been trying to find it as well G/chap, but after looking through what seems hundreds of maps of BKK on the net i think i found it.

From Nana head down towards Soi Cowboy where you got that huge junction on Asoke, hook a right there and that's Ratchadapisek rd.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks but what is the name of the bar there that gets the ladyboy crowd at midnight?

Comment

On the map above, see where Dance Fever is ? - Thats Ratachada Soi 6
          Ratachada Soi 4 is the next Soi down (towards Asoke / Rama IX (9) ).

Walking down Ratachada 4 you will find about 15 different bars. Its hit or miss whether there will be any Ladyboys, you can try "Rad" or "Snop" first.
          Everytime I have seen LB there, its because I was invited to a birthday party for one, or some other event.

Hollywood on Soi 6 might be a better bet, the club closes at 1am and if you stand outside the entrence you can see everyone coming out including a few LB

Remember these are clubs for the locals, not for "working girls".
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

ps. On the first Map, you found Ratchada road, but your arrow is in the wrong direction. You want to go NORTH on Soi 21 Asoke - which will eventually change its name back to Ratchada

Comment

Originally posted by (generouschap @ Mar. 08 2005,15:12)
              thanks but what is the name of the bar there that gets the ladyboy crowd at midnight?
              Actually this is more like a meeting place when all the bars have (attempted to) close down. You can still by beer of course, except this time the noodle vendors are selling the bottles at a fraction of the cost and pouring it into large plastic beakers. The police don't seem to mind much, at least not just yet!

So by closing the bars down at one instead of two the opposite result has been achieved and the place is simply a-teeming with girls and guys all having a party - on the street!

Are there ladyboys to be found? Yes - scores and scores of them! It's absolutely chockablock now!

The streets would be more peaceful if the bars were open 24/7!

Comment

thanks guys I will check it out

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Mar. 09 2005,01:37)
                  ps. On the first Map, you found Ratchada road, but your arrow is in the wrong direction. You want to go NORTH on Soi 21 Asoke - which will eventually change its name back to Ratchada
                  Are there 2 Ratchada rds snick or is it one big loop?

Comment

Originally posted by (stevey @ Mar. 09 2005,13:27)
                    Originally posted by (Snick @ Mar. 09 2005,01:37)
                    Are there 2 Ratchada rds snick or is it one big loop?
                    Good question...To me it looks like Ratchada Rd only goes N & S. If you go north on Soi 21 Asoke (at Ratchada Rd) does it loop back around to the west....And if so, what would be the best way possible to get there from Nana?

Comment

Originally posted by
                      Good question...To me it looks like Ratchada Rd only goes N & S. If you go north on Soi 21 Asoke (at Ratchada Rd) does it loop back around to the west....

OK Ratchadpisek Rd goes South from Sukhumvit Rd towards Khlong Toei and past the Thailand tobacco monopoly. If you go North twords Din Daeng this Sukhumvit soi 21 (Asok) which then becomes Asok-Dindaeng rd at Phetchaburi Rd after this it becomes Ratchadapisek Rd again at Rama IX rd this is where soi 4 Ratachda etc are.

Confusing?

Originally posted by
                      And if so, what would be the best way possible to get there from Nana?
                      Get in a taxi and say bpai soi ratchada khrap

Comment

Look at a subway map, the North/South leg of the subway follows Ratchada (Ratchadapisek) road, even though it changes its name in a few places.
                        To get to Ratchada Soi 4, take the subway (Metro).
                        If you enter at the Metro station on the corner of Sukhemvit and Asoke , take the train North two stops to Rama 9 station, then get out on the North-EAST exit (This is important, if you get out on the west side, you are screwed and cannot cross the steeet anywhere). You then have a 5 minute walk North after you exit the subway. You can't miss Ratachada Soi 4 - there will be a big Neon sign and lots of young Thais to follow.

Ratachada 4 has about 15 seperate bars/clubs.

Ratachada 6 is the road that forms a loop. There are 2 big discos there Hollywood and Dance Fever, and some smaller joints. Soi 6 also has 2 big outdoor resteraunt areas that are 'the place to be' after 1am closing.

its another 5 minuts walk between Soi 4 and Soi 6 on Ratachada.

Taking a taxi there is doable if you are familiar with Thai taxi drivers, but I'll bet some of you get taken to a massage parlour instead. Bring a map, highlight the area you want. Its very easy to get a taxi home afterwards.

Comment

i don't know know if i should tell you guys about my secret hunting grounds, or should i say fishing hole. go tp the ratchda cabaret
                          show by the seafood market. you can go to the show to scout or wait outside for the picture taking gathering. most of these girls are available. its best to go one night and talk to the one you want and give her a few baht. then go the next night, she will remember you, and ask to see her after. most will. same is true for the golden dome.

Comment

SEAFOOD??? U trying to give this site a bad name buddy?? LOL:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by (bkkman @ April 25 2005,08:22)
                              i don't know know if i should tell you guys about my secret hunting grounds, or should i say fishing hole.  go tp the ratchda cabaret;; most of these girls are available. .
                              that sounds a good idea , ill try that out next time. I had some good Caberet hunting in Phuket also last year. Are these Caberet girls seen on websites or just unknowns ?

Comment

Working...
                              X