X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher g. moore - bkk author

I have been reading a series (the Calvino detective series) of novels by Christopher G. Moore.  So far I have read 6 of his relatively short novels.  He writes about life revolving around the "Comfort Zone (i.e., NEP, Sukhumvit between Soi 1 and Soi 23, Papong, Pattaya, etc.)", Asian (Thai) life and religious views, Katoeys & LB's (mostly bad people more or less in his view - at least in his early novels), yings, bar girls, GG's, the ice palace, Thai Chinese, drinking, Isan upcountry people, etc.

On my last visit to BKK in April, I noticed a flyer in the toilet in Cascade that offered signed copies of his books via the Mamasan.  Has anyone else noticed this flyer?  Has any of the forum readers actually met him in person?  Have any readers garnered more insight into Thai life, worldviews, attitudes, beliefs, and suspicions based on his writings?

Has anyone seen him around BKK?  He lives there as a Canadian ex-pat.  He speaks fluent Thai.

Cheers,

Karl

His web site...

Comment

Yes, I have met him. It would have been about 5 years ago I was sitting alone in NEP at a groundfloor bar nursing a heine, about 10pm.

Someone sat down beside me, he appeared an open kind of person, looking to strike up a conversation.

He was interested to know who I was and what I did and after chatting for a while he told me he was Christopher Moore, the writer.
      At the time I was new to the scene and honestly had never heard of him.
      I guess we talked for about half an hour and I remember him as a well groomed decent person, friendly and outgoing.
      Have since purchased and enjoyed a number of his books.

Comment

Working...
      X