Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid Bangkok in October???

From today's Asia Bugle e-zine.....

The closing sentence is...."I would think 14 €“ 23 October are good days to be nowhere near Bangkok"

Thaipan, Paddy, RR.....when is your trip planned???

Bush kills off beaver
    Here we go: here we go: here we go€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦..again. It is becoming a bit of a recurring feature of life in Thailand. The morals police are back at work. It started just about 10 days ago when, following a raid on Nana Plaza, Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Maleenont declared war on obscene shows and striptease at entertainment venues across the country.
    In Nana, Pracha saw the show at Hollywood Strip and promptly closed the bar, holding all the staff and customers in the bar for 2 hours for drugs tests.
    Mr Pracha said he was not worried that tighter controls on obscene shows would affect tourism. Tourists visiting places providing indecent shows were of low quality and Thailand did not welcome such visitors. ``We do not want them here. They spend little money and look down on Thai women and Thai people,۪۪
    Mr Pracha, when he inspected Nana Plaza, said he found 27 entertainment outlets that were hosting obscene shows.
    Mr Pracha said he would also ask the Excise Department to use tax measures to bring traditional massage parlours back into line.
    Mr Pracha said some traditional massage establishments were also providing illicit sex services and this could not be allowed. (Courtesy of Bangkok Post - edited).
    The next day all Nana owners were summoned by the Lumpini police and told that under no circumstances were girls to show anything. That very night the police raided G Spot and found them showing. A minimum 30-day closure order is envisaged but as this is at least the 2nd time this has happened to G spot it could be worse. If for no other reason than this, a senior Lumpini policeman told Nit, the Crown group boss, to make certain she did not show. Just goes to show the Crown group have replaced one arrogant manager with another arrogant manager! In the meantime the rumour mill has forecast a 60 day closure for Hollywood Strip, this could be particularly problematical as Hollywood 2 is currently being knocked through to make the 2 go-go€™s one very big go-go. I foresee a rapid back tracking of this development.
    However the message has gone out far and wide. Cowboy and Pattaya have had the same instructions, no showing, with inadequate bikinis also banned.
    Down in Patpong the police have warned bars of an impending visit by someone from the Prime Minister€™s office. The result is no topless anywhere, no shows, and the doors of go-go€™s, leading directly onto the street, must be kept closed.
    Deputy Prime minister Purachai has been brought in from the wilderness to lead a crusade against massage parlours and spas, which are not properly licensed and/or providing services outside their brief. The squeaky clean image of the crusading ex-Home office minister is seen as the perfect foil for the revelations about massive police bribes paid by massage parlour boss, Chuwit. Funnily enough the reaction of the average Thai to stories of million Baht payoffs is that they do not believe it. €œToo much money!€ they say. Little do they know, but when you are earning 5,000 Baht a month it is surreal to think of a single policemen receiving 120,000 Baht per month from one source.
    Needless to say all this has got the rumourmongers and speculators into over-active mode. Nevertheless, one thing everybody seems to agree on is that this is not going to disappear over night.
    One senior policeman visited Pattaya. He, and his entourage of dozens of cameramen, inspected a couple of go-go€™s. Finally he stopped for a coke in one and spoke to the Farang boss apologising with the words €œa man has to do what a man has to do!€
    So on the basis that nothing happens in this government without the CEO€™s blessing it is clear where this is coming from. The question is; what are they really trying to achieve.
    The spate of clearly spun stories in Sunday papers about police chasing girls off the street prior to the APEC Summit confirms the main believed reason for this to be happening now. Not so much because they fear that Dubbya may slip on a used condom on his morning jog, but because of the hoard of international press who will arrive to cover the meeting. Unfortunately it is bad news that they will be looking for: well what ever is bad news in their eyes. Naked teenage go-go dancers a few yards from the world€™s leaders would make such a story! Or think of any of a dozen scenarios that could happen. So the Thai government is determined this will not happen. I can well imagine that entertainment areas could be closed during this period; in fact it may be a shrewd move to close and avoid any possible problems!
    There are already warnings of traffic gridlock as the VIPs are convoyed around town and government workers will be given time off, so as to reduce the number of cars coming into the city. The Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation council leaders summit is October 20/21, however there is a ministers€™ meeting 17/18, so I would think 14 €“ 23 October are good days to be nowhere near Bangkok.
    Mister Arse

good for him hahahahah
    i've always hated the fucking shows there a waist of time . id much rather be watching the girls dance than some old bag shooting darts and ping pongs from there snatch
    lmao

Comment

So bottom line Stewart I was planning on going to BKK over Columbus Day weekend 10,11,12 October. Should I cancel?
      It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
      ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Originally posted by (smuttleydfs @ Aug. 21 2003,03:59)
        So bottom line Stewart I was planning on going to BKK over Columbus Day weekend 10,11,12 October.  Should I cancel?
        In a word "NO"! Don't cancel, go and have fun. There are crack downs all the time in LOS and they never amount to much. How do you think half the police force would durvive if the bars and ago go's were closed?

Comment

Hi Stewart, I will be in BKK during that time as will Paddy and I think Blue Ballz too. Frankly I don't think that I will have any problem during my stay:

9th - 13th Oct
          17th - 20th Oct
          22nd - 25th Oct

I certainly don't intend to go to any of the APEC meetings nor do I intend to go jogging with George Dub Yak and his good ole boys either. However I do anticipate a goodly amount of horizontal jogging and vertical boring

Comment

Well, I have been making a note of all the BKK girls that Thaipan, BB, and RR like. So, I think I will fly in the week before and ruin them for them!!

PS - XXXXX as well, just to piss XXXXX off!

Edited just for the hell of it by Thaipan !!!
            Mister Arse

Comment

Originally posted by (Stewart @ Aug. 21 2003,09:51)
              Well, I have been making a note of all the BKK girls that Thaipan, BB, and RR like. So, I think I will fly in the week before and ruin them for them!!

Edited just for the hell of it by Thaipan !!!
              Better start being nice to me now Stewart or I'll have to edit all your posts!       Jon might agree with this freedom of speech lark but we don't need that in Glasgow !

Comment

As to my choice of girls there is:

Xxxxxxxxx
                Xxx
                Xxxxxx
                Xxxxxxx

Comment

have to echo many of the comments here..

if you only reason to go to Bkk is to see naked women on stage, then why go .. you can do that in any city in the USA and probably easily in Europe too..

So the pussy shows are gone.. so what, everything else will be available ..

I have been going to Bkk regularly since 1988 and the crackdowns happen now and then .. never a problem if your main reason to go there is to get laid ..

I will be in Bkk for the last couple of weeks of Oct and I don't see any change in my lifestyle .. I might go to more go/go bars if they cut the volume .. but they never learn this ..

Comment

>>>>Better start being nice to me now Stewart or I'll have to edit all your posts! >>>>   

You must be joking...you're a Rangers supporter!!!
                    Mister Arse

Comment

>>>>>I have been making a note of all the BKK girls that Thaipan, BB, and RR like. So, I think I will fly in the week before and ruin them for them!!
                      Edited just for the hell of it by Thaipan !!! >>>>>

Oi.....how am I supposed to wind Jon up if you do that to me!? But since it is now 09h00 in Singapore, you are probably drunk or asleep in Jockland, so here goes again...

....Chompoo as well, just to piss Jon off!!
                      Mister Arse

Comment

^ !

Comment

Originally posted by (Guest @ Aug. 21 2003,13:36)
                          have to echo many of the comments here..

if you only reason to go to Bkk is to see naked women on stage, then why go .. you can do that in any city in the USA and probably easily in Europe too..

So the pussy shows are gone.. so what, everything else will be available ..

I have been going to Bkk regularly since 1988 and the crackdowns happen now and then .. never a problem if your main reason to go there is to get laid ..

I will be in Bkk for the last couple of weeks of Oct and I don't see any change in my lifestyle .. I might go to more go/go bars if they cut the volume .. but they never learn this ..
                          I agree with you Paul, my favourite ago go bar is Sexy Nights just to the left of Casanova, small and friendly almost like Shakira's breasts! It plays classic rock at a reasonable volume and the GG's in there are very accomodating!

Comment

Since the NITERY ENTERTAINMENT ACT OF 1966 was passed -you guessed it - in 1966, there have always been "crackdowns".
                            Whether the Taksin government can make them PERMANENT CRACKDOWNS remains to be seen.
                            Sarit Thanarat - ABSOLUTE LEADER of late 1950s-early 1960s in Thailand - did 'the crackdown song-and-dance', too.
                            He was not totally successful, not by a long shot.
                            But his disciple Taksin MAY be.
                            We shall see....
                            Mr. Lonely

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHH a big bunch of bullshit if you ask me. I am going during that time and will not worry one bit. There are ALWAYS crackdowns. They last a bit then go away. There are vested interests and too many people are making too much money off this shit-it will always be there. If there is too much heat in BKK then head off to Phuket/Pattaya it will be business as usual and plaenty of pussy of LBs available. The only dicey thing during that time is the specter of terrorism. They caught one of those bastards on Ayuttaya and they were planning shit during that time. Hell, it wont put me off as I have decided not to live my life in fear and let thiose Nazi Twats rule my life!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X