X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are ladyboys born or made?

I guess my opinion is clear from the other posts I have made, so let us know your thoughts or reasonings behind your opinion.
    Being a ladyboy is a state of mind and they are born that way
    0%
    Being a ladyboy comes from nurture and other societal factors
    0%

Yes
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

wise ass, Snick!!

I voted that society changes them....... all males [and females for that matter] are born the same;  Tabula Rasa, which means Blank Slate in latin and their minds are formed by what they learn from the moment they enter the world.  once they are fed the shit that we give them, their minds go in one way or another based on that information, subconsciously of course. If a male relates too much to his mom or older sister when he is in the early stages of his development, he may become gay or a transvestite based on that experience. as the years  go on, those feelings are re-inforced in his mind by images he sees on the television and in his own family and he can not go back to the blank slate and start again, it is too late. He may like the images he sees of women being idolized and fawned over, and dislike the images he sees of boys playing with trucks and becoming firefighters and policemen, and decide he wants to be more like a girl than a boy.

I think boys who are raised in fatherless homes and have no male figure to follow, or whose mothers are domineering or in the very rare cases of a woman wanting her male to be raised as a female, are very succeptable to becoming ladyboys or gay boys. No proof of course, but there is no proof that they are born that way either, it is all theory.  This is mine.

Comment

You all are thinking way to deep. The correst anwser is "who cares, I like them"

Comment

Actually Yes is my definitive answer.

Both are right,

To use a bowling metaphor, Nature lines up the Pins and Nurture throws the Ball.

In the case of Thailand there is obviously a strong Nurture argument in that the culture is very supportive.

But globally, there is a strong Nature argument in that there is a genetic disposition to transgenderism.

An interesting question is, is the genetic disposition stronger in Thailand than in other parts of the world (i.e. is there some gene that has a higher frequency in this part of the world). I don't know of any research one way or another.

There is also what I would categorize as a secondary Nature argument, which is an Asian Ladyboy is more convincing than a chunky European Ladyboy. And therefore more who have the leaning towards being a Ladyboy will go forward since they don€™t have to worry about looking like a linebacker in a dress.

But as my learned colleague Dr. Bartman once wrote, €œwho cares, I like them€
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I sort of agree with "who cares, I like them"....

Comment

I voted they are born that way, but now I'm not so sure, certaintly I believe genetics plays a substantial part in their desire to be a woman, but then society's attitudes towards them will also play a big part in whether or not that desire is supressed or expressed. I don't believe that are many, if any, that have made a "career decision" to be a ladyboy.

Cheers

Too old to die young!

Comment

I voted for them being born as lady even though i can see both opinions as justified, theres no doubt that society has an effect on them, as the case with thailand there is a better understanding an respect for them there, which is why there seems to be so many, where as i live aussie land not too many people have many nice things to say about them,which i guess there seems to be alot more cross dressers, they can dress up with people they feel comfortable with or in there own home without societies critical eyes on them.Whats wrong with not being the norm?

Comment

I thought we had Scientific evidence for the genetics of this.....remember the TV program that Stogie was on .
                  This stuff is in the Science Journals all the time.

The concensus seems to be that there is Scientifically proven a third sex of which LBs come under a certain category.
                  Its all in the Body before you come into the world.

In other words, they have no choice...............the argument is over then Folks.

Thank you all.

Comment

tell that to my friend who was born a boy and raised as a girl

Right, she had NO choice, Mom wanted a girl

she may be a man by now without that prodding

Comment

I think thats just a rare and unfortunate exception JD.

Not being a Scientist (it doesnt pay enough) i cannot give you the definitive answer but i am sure that this is a matter of nature and not nurture. If guys want proof then ill dig it up and bore you all to death. I would bet good money that it genetics.

The difference between the sexes is not that great anyway and when the embryo is in developement you cannot tell the sex for some time. There is no real big gap Genetically between male and female anyhow and in the middle it just gets a bit mushy. On many old Dinosuar bones they have actually no idea whether it was male or female.

I think the idea of the third sex is now well established and that most people would be born into this situation without a say in the matter.

Comment

I think cars are the answer.

If they cant drive them properly, they become women.

Comment

Great thread, Ozzie!
                          A very difficult question and I don't think that scientists can give a clear answer on that. For me it's a bit of a hen&egg-thing. I actually think that there are quite different forms of transsexualism out there and only very few are genetic. So, thinking of the "average" Thai LB, I voted for the second one.
                          .... anyway, I've read just recently a very provocative interpretation of "transsexualism", being the most submissive form of homosexuality. Interesting approach, isn't it....?!

MK
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Originally posted by (Mai-Kee @ June 24 2005,23:49)
                            .... anyway, I've read just recently a very provocative interpretation of "transsexualism", being the most submissive form of homosexuality. Interesting approach, isn't it....?!

MK
                            I'd like to see anyone try and tell Talisha she's submissive

Too old to die young!

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ June 24 2005,12:21)
                              Actually Yes is my definitive answer.

Both are right,

To use a bowling metaphor, Nature lines up the Pins and Nurture throws the Ball.

In the case of Thailand there is obviously a strong Nurture argument in that the culture is very supportive.

But globally, there is a strong Nature argument in that there is a genetic disposition to transgenderism.

An interesting question is, is the genetic disposition stronger in Thailand than in other parts of the world (i.e. is there some gene that has a higher frequency in this part of the world). I don't know of any research one way or another.

There is also what I would categorize as a secondary Nature argument, which is an Asian Ladyboy is more convincing than a chunky European Ladyboy. And therefore more who have the leaning towards being a Ladyboy will go forward since they don€™t have to worry about looking like a linebacker in a dress.

But as my learned colleague Dr. Bartman once wrote, €œwho cares, I like them€
                              What he said. (But I can't believe he said it!)

Comment

Working...
                              X