X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "why i never married a thai"

I've never posted here before but I've lurked and learned a great deal: my thanks for everyone's cumulative knowledge! I browse this and other Thai-oriented sites to make the best of my eventual visit(s) to the LOS. In those browsings, I came across what is probably the most insightful writing I've ever seen specifically regarding Thai-farang relationships and the Thai psyche in general. It's a LONG read (approximately 19,000 words) but if you want to know why Thai females (of all sorts) behave the way they do and why the outcome of Thai-farang relationships is often not what we expect, read this. The understanding the author has of how Thais think and interact with the rest of the world is outstanding and could very well save we travelers much grief.

Starwheel

"Why I Never Married a Thai"

Oh no not another Stinkmans guide to Bangkok

Comment

I was thinking of writing my own book....."Nana Plaza and the Eden Club......why I never married a Thai!"
      Mister Arse

Comment

why get married to one when you can just rent one any time ya want?

Comment

Originally posted by (Mr Bartman @ July 16 2005,22:04)

RM
          ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (Mr Bartman @ July 17 2005,09:04)
            Look into 5 or 10 year leasing, they depreciate over time.
            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Ya that is true (but then agin so do we )

Comment

..... I still favor my thai wife ..... 2 years more and v are more than 10 lucky years together with the usual ups and downs. But I think without staying in Thailand and her western thinking/education it would not have been possible ....

Comment

i like the idea of an exclusive leasing option.
                  Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

It's an interesting article on Stickman's site...

The writer tries to come across as an 'academic' with experience, giving a objective view on Thailand but he misses the mark badly.

It's really a thinly veiled personal attack on Thailand which you could easily apply to other countries (and women) including where you come from.

I'll not dissect it in detail because the project isn't worth my time, but you'll not learn much about Thailand reading this and you'll learn more about the sad broken individual who wrote it.

If you have this much time to spend on a place where you have spent much of your life and can't find anything good to say then maybe it's either time to move on to pastures greener or time to change your circle of acquaintences!

Comment

SB .....

4 me, how I can find a western wife if I stay most of the time in Thailand or other asian countries.

btw .... my wife had only a pitiable smile for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X