Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the phone?

Hey guys,

I've come to realize how freaking difficult it is to talk to people on the phone when their English skills are poor. Heck, I even thought SMS should be clear as day, but I nearly had a girl show up at my hotel recently, when I was about to sleep. While she's a real hottie, I needed the sleep and not a distraction.

So, I wanted to know how much do you discuss with a girl with limited English skills when arranging a meeting over the phone. Time, date, $$, hotel - isn't that straightforward? Now how do you mange things like "overnight", clothes, or whatever else? I keep forgetting how easy it is to explain things in person rather than over the phone, but who has time to do everything in person first, before meeting someone again???

Anyone keep around a dictionary of handy terms in the local language(s)?
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Hey P-op ,,Chen Lilli in your top 12. Thats not the young sweety that used to work in KC3 until january is it ??

Ive been trying to track her down ever since she went to Melbourne??. I cried my eyes out when i found out she left LOS.  

Some undeserving arsole is probably screwing her right now.....please come back, all is forgiven...........

Comment

Eh, I don't know if Chen Lili was in LOS or not. She was a beauty contestant in the Miss Universe preliminaries in south China, but was forced to withdraw because M.U. wasn't too pleased with the idea. Liu Xiaojing is another post-op beauty contestant from China.

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Been dealing with a lot of Indian people recently. Anyway, I needed to follow a car driven by a very beautiful girl, so she told me to wait and then come backside of her.

I thought for a moment something very nice was being offered.

Comment

Know exactly how you feel POL..

its just as bad when your talking to then in the flesh..
          Most have that vacant look that Manual from Fawlty towers has when Bazil trys to explain things..
          You think its hard getting things thru to Thai's,,? try sorting out the Indo's..

Good thing the Phillippinas speak english..
          Well known fact that they are the Irish of the Asian region..

BK

Comment

Communicating on the phone is a good issue. I'm surprised we haven't covered this before.

Basically you are fucked. They don't listen to anything you are saying and even if they manage to understand what you are saying you'll be rewarded with this wall of 'ignorance' if something isn't convenient for her...

I booked a couple of models for shoots and instructed both of them to bring sexy clothes and their make up etc. This wasn't a casual request - I said it many times and made sure that I elicited a 'Yes!' from them.

They both showed up looking like guppy fish at feeding time with nothing apart from the scruffy crap they were wearing feigning ignorance of my requests.

Thais are not dictated to by the clock as we are either. You might as well say "Just show up at 3 in the morning when I'm with my wife!"

It's often a communication problem - but more often it's a case of selective listening!

Comment

Originally posted by (post-op lover @ July 19 2005,21:48)
              So, I wanted to know how much do you discuss with a girl with limited English skills when arranging a meeting over the phone.  Time, date, $$, hotel -
              The first girl i spoke to on the phone was the Trainstopper around twos years ago. Jon had just given me her number and i thought here we go.....

tomcat.......hello
              Anna.........helloowww
              tomcat......is that Anna?
              Anna ........helloowww
              tomcat.......hello is that Anna?
              Anna.........you pay 3,000 short time, what hotel u stay?

see, no problem ! when you pick the right girl

Comment

Originally posted by (Tomcat @ July 20 2005,17:41)
                tomcat.......hello
                Anna.........helloowww
                tomcat......is that Anna?
                Anna ........helloowww
                tomcat.......hello is that Anna?
                Anna.........you pay 3,000 short time, what hotel u stay?
                I'm at the Motel 6 in Bowling Green, Kentucky

Bring some Condoms and KFC  

Comment

This is the funniest shit I've seen in a long time.

Well, I just had some fun with SMS. At least there I got the following responses "OK", "I KNOW", "I DO NOT KNOW", "I DO NOT KNOW". This girl is crazy. Basically, she will hop in a cab to my place at the drop of a hat, but won't tell me shit about anything else. I'm sure I could offer money, and it would be taken with the answer being "I DO NOT KNOW". If it involves anything but sex, then it seems too complicated.

I like the dialogue above - "What hotel u at?" Actually, that is quite like this girl I've been in contact with. Alas, she is GG. Well, not so alas, but if she was post-op, I'd be asking which hotel she is staying at!

Comment

Working...
                  X