X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The  "new" forum

JaiDee this is Bartman, rember when the forum was the yellow forum and when it changed to this one eveyone was bitching and lots of people were mad....well...here we go agin

yes, exactly Bart!! everyone said the same thing at that time; "why are you changing forums, we like THIS one!!"

well, now we may go back to that one that they all liked but we are still getting the bitching! I personally liked that old one better and so did a few others like fancylighters and some other guys, the new guys have never seen it and think it would be no good compared to this one but it is more straightforward and easy to post on.

Snick has saved this one for now for at least a few weeks..... more soon

Comment

Personally I like the style of this forum, but then again it isnt my forum and I dont have a say in how it is run. I am sure Stogie and JaiDee have sound reasons for the change and I will reserve judgement until the new forum has been up and running for a while.

I am sure Bartman is right, in a few weeks everyone will be happily using the new forum as though it had always been that way.

Comment

For what it is worth- I liked the old forum better!!

Comment

me too but apparently I am being over-ruled here

site ownership? who cares! do what the people want and listen to polls and complaints!

if any other business was run like this one it would be run in to the ground, I think my patience with this forum is amazing frankly

Comment

What are you saying JaiDee€¦ the owners of the ATS site want to close this forum and move to yahoo?
            Why so.. ... is it to save on bandwidth costs?
            I'm still in the dark as to why?

Comment

Originally posted by (Bam @ July 28 2005,05:46)
              What are you saying JaiDee€¦ the owners of the ATS site want to close this forum and move to yahoo?
              Why so.. ...  is it to save on bandwidth costs?
              WHY DO YOU THINK THAT THIS FORUM IS MOVING TO YAHOO....NO ONE EVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT...... THE NEW FORUM WILL ONLY LOOK LIKE A YAHOO FORUM WE ARE NOT MOVING ON TO THEIR SERVERS

Comment

Oh silly me.... I misunderstood you.... OK I HEAR YOU NOW

Comment

ATS is taking over your old Yahoo Watersports site Bam!

As they say in Golden Colorado, you can't buy beer, you can only rent it!

Comment

the forum will be saved; Bam, wanna moderate the Picture post forum?

can you be an asshole like me [at least that is what I am told ]??

Snick will moderate the other ones and share picture post with you

Comment

Originally posted by
                      if any other business was run like this one it would be run in to the ground,
                      I totally and utterly DISAGREE.

Any business that LISTENS TO ITS CUSTOMERS will thrive and grow. It is obvious from the last few days that the vast majority of forum "customers" want this mine of information to stay.

I don't know what the real reason for the suggested change is:

1. Hard to manage and moderate? Could be, don't know. But little moderation is one of the big plusses of the forum ie sounds like many of us gave up with other forums because many posts were being moderated

2. Too much non-ladyboy venom? More likely the reason in my opinion. So, ban the venom, don't kill the forum.....the venom will follow wherever the fforum goes

On the other hand, if only a few % of paying ATS members actually visit the forum, then it has no impact on the business at all.
                      Mister Arse

Comment

valid points, Stewart, and also a valid  and true point about how less than 5% of customers of this website even bother to read here. That is correct, strange but true and we always wish that more would participate.

The only reason this forum is hard to moderate; because people feel that they can say whatever they want! I still can't believe that people really still feel that, and if we delete something or give someone shit then I get problems. so we try and keep it non-moderated as much as possible and let 99.9% of shit flow through, but sometimes that just can't be done. If some of the crap that is said up here was said on our main competitor's forum, the shit would really hit the fan! and the only other ladyboy site that even comes close to this one doesn't even HAVE a forum!

why should people be allowed to rip our models or the quality of our website up here?  shouldn't that just be addressed to my mailbox?  Or if they don't like it just cancel?  why feel the need to bitch publicly and drag down 30 or 40 people with you?  McDonalds would never allow people in to their stores with signs saying "these burgers suck and I am tired of the declining quality here", so why should we? They would call the cops and have the dude tossed out and we also have that right, and yet we have invoked it very very rarely in 4 years.

for these reasons and many others I am handing the keys to Snick and we are making rules that he will uphold; all the power to him and I hope he enjoys it, and you guys can keep the forum that you seem to enjoy so much.

Comment

Originally posted by (JaiDee @ July 28 2005,06:22)
                          the forum will be saved; Bam, wanna moderate the Picture post forum?

can you be an asshole like me [at least that is what I am told ]??

Snick will moderate the other ones and share picture post with you
                          Wow you really mean that? I would be more then honored to help out with the picture post forum!

Comment

cool, it's yours..... along with Snick

you have GOT to stay on top of it and make sure that photos with logos are deleted on sight lest we have legal problems here, but that shouldnt' be too hard, YOU post most of ths stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by (JaiDee @ July 28 2005,06:06)
                              Originally posted by (Bam @ July 28 2005,05:46)
                              Why so.. ...  is it to save on bandwidth costs?
                              WHY DO YOU THINK THAT THIS FORUM IS MOVING TO YAHOO....NO ONE EVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT...... THE NEW FORUM WILL ONLY LOOK LIKE A YAHOO FORUM WE ARE NOT MOVING ON TO THEIR SERVERS
                              I'm sorry JD, but I am cracking up about the "Yahoo Groups" thing.

I'm really tempted to start a campaign to "stop AsianTS forum from moving to Yahoo" just to see if you'll crack from frustration (yes, I AM a total A-hole).

hahahah

p.s., if you move to Yahoo Groups, will we have the same user names??
                              Bring on the bitches!

Comment

Working...
                              X