X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give jaidee the credit he deserves!

I'll be the first to admit that my post about Michelle in hindsight was ill founded in that I jumped to vain conclusions and did not think about the model and how generous jaidee was by putting up her portfolio and helping her out. You or at least me on this occasion forgot about the PERSON Michelle and life is difficult for these models so I wish to say sorry for my impulsive and thoughtless post.

I know I am lucky than most and with that comes resposibility which I failed to show. I also failed to understand for a longtime that Jaidee and Stogie have a hard job moderating assholes like me who do spontaneously go nuclear on more than one occasion so I am truely grateful to them for tolerating me but also I have to say that you guys out there are great to because despite my venom you try to understand possibly. I am not asking you to like me or even tolerate me but I just want to say that I am opinionated and not always claim to be right but I truely believe we have a great group of ladyboy lovers up here and importantly we have people like Jaidee and co that really make this place a great place to be !!! On saturday we are into a new era of asiants, just a new format that will make things easier for our owners and definately after a few days good for us to !!! As we have the will and the way to be cohesive informative group.

Yes sometimes we(I) can get carried away but at the end of the day I think we are all humble and gracious enough to say sorry, agree to diasgree and make up hopefully !!!

Let us just say thanks to jaidee - we know how frustrating it can be for you but we love you man and long shall you reign as the King of Asiants.com but best ladyboy site ever.

Forgive us for pissing you off but every family argues N'est pas ?

Rock On !

you are welcome here and v are happy about all comments if they are not completely ill. Finally forms this the site here of which JD and his guys can be proud of.

Cheers KC

Comment

now you guys see why I always forgive and forget when it come to Indef? down deep he is really a good bloke

now, if you and all the others who support what I do, as well as the hundreds of guys I have helped have fun in Asia and the hundreds of ladyboys I have helped out can just convince the 1% of people who read here and think I am some sort of devil, I will be really thankful!

sometime people lose perspective so easily; this is a website about ladyboys and why some take it so seriously and end up hating me for minor shit is beyond me, but I take the good with the bad; the other 99% make my job easy and are thankful for what we do here and that is who we are aiming to please.

By the way, no more talk about an old/new forum coming back for now; Snick has volunteered to run this one and we will leave it the way it is for at least another month now.

Comment

Great men from Caesar to Ghandi have had their share of enemies. Who's going to be bothered hating Walter Mitty?

Hef and Guccione ruffled feathers. They even shot Larry Flynt!

JD, you are a very real contributor to us punter's pursuit of happiness and the economic well being of many ladyboys. Sounds like a win-win to me!

Comment

jD is the devil. I have actually seen his horns!

Comment

Originally posted by (Blue Ballz @ July 28 2005,21:29)
            jD is the devil.  I have actually seen his horns!
            JaiDee has more than one horn... I suspected as much!

Comment

All this forum needs is MORE moderators that work within set (but broad) guidelines. Moderators of any kind of internet forum are ALWAYS going to get flak thrown at them. It's an inevitable part of the job. Sounds like someone needs a break, or someone(s) to share the load.

Comment

Snick has agreed to be the main moderator here and I will play a lessor role from now on. He has a set of broad guidelines that we are tweaking and wil post here soon, they are not hard to follow and we just ask that everyone comply, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by
                  All this forum needs is MORE moderators...
                  I disagree and here's why...

Unfortunately the people who actually like moderating forums are generally not very good at it and the people who I think would make great mods don't seem to want to get too involved!

I would like to have seen Bali Ken, Lotusman and MikeTSLover take a more active role in this forum. They are people whose judgement I trust 100%. Unfortunately for me they actually have lives and can't commit too much of their valuable time here.

Originally posted by
                  He has a set of broad guidelines that we are tweaking and will post here soon...
                  I disagree with posting rules and here's why...

1 - The moderators and admins (ME mainly!) spend all day clarifying the rules and explaining them which makes moderating the board complicated and time consuming.

2 - The rules apply to almost no-one as almost everyone who posts here posts responsibly and most people don't post at all! So we end up making a big thing of a small problem.

3 - Having rules plastered here encourages people to break them and marginalises the party faithful who don't actually want to see ongoing debates about whether or not a certain rule has been broken and what the fairest punishment is going to be!

The simplist (and by far the most practical) solution is to rely on peoples common sense and PM people privately when they cross the line. In all my years of doing this (on many forums around the internet) I know that this is the only way to go.

Finally - I would say that if there is going to be a lot of rules to follow then why not bring back 'The Virtual Pub?' It was only this forum that needed rules to begin with!

Over-moderation is the death of a forum and creates more problems than it solves.

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ July 31 2005,01:55)
                    ummmmm...you posted a new set of rules here and pinned it to the top

Comment

Yes - that's true! And here's a third... don't post pics from other websites! That makes three rules!

1 - Post on topic
                      2 - Make complaints privately via email
                      3 - Don't post copyright pics

I wish I hadn't had to do it at all, but I'll make sacrifices and compromise my integrity to save this forum from the scrapheap.

What happens to ALL forums is they introduce complicated legislation about race and religeon or their own personal agendas which detract from the purpose of the message board.

When this happens every member has their own interpretation of the boundaries set up and the moderators get flak for either not uplolding these rules or not holding all members to the same degree of responsibility. Online cat fights ensue and eventually the forum has turned to shit.

This forum has worked well for two years. In that time we have had over 5,000 members sign up to it and there are currently 1,900 or so  members who have signed up and logged on in the past few months or so.

In all that time only one member has provoked a universal outcry and a handful more have pissed off the the admins.

By any standards this is a miracle. Incidentaly the same member who pissed people off did exactly the same thing to many members on the old forum by posting crap and alienating members. And back then it was unmoderated so everyone had to suffer the rubbish he posted.

So - here's what I think...

1 - Changing formats to an archaic bulleted message board is a step backwards.

2 - Rules don't work and simply create animosity amongst posters and headaches for moderators.

3 - Friendly PMs to people who cross the line ALWAYS work.

If it is decided that we should have a list of 'broad' rules to follow then we should have a dumping ground (like The Virtual Pub) for posts that are off topic or have shifted direction.

If, on the other hand, we are only posting about ladyboys then why do we need a list of rules at all? Dumping the Pub should be enough.

It really depends what we want from the forum. Do we want a busy lively forum where people can get together and discuss pretty much anything that's on their minds or do you want a small band of faithful posters writing about ladyboys and how great they are like the old forum was.

It's a shame that two or three errant posters have had such a huge impact on this forum.  

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ July 31 2005,02:55)
                        That's the Coach K of Duke philosphy. In one of his books he said a laundry list of rules is the sign of a weak leader.

He had two rules if I remember correctly:
                        1) Put out 100%
                        2) Don't do anything to embarras yourself or the Duke program.

I'm not sure if he handles problems with a freindly PM though.

Comment

>Over-moderation is the death of a forum and >creates more problems than it solves.

Agreed, but that is distinct from the actual number of moderators. Clearly you don't have enough moderators or we wouldn't be having this discussion. The work load has become greater as the number of members have grown. It has outpaced the time & energy the two main moderators can [or wish to] devote to it.

>>If it is decided that we should have a list of 'broad' rules to follow then we should have a dumping ground (like The Virtual Pub) for posts that are off topic or have shifted direction.
                          >>

By dumping the "Virtual Pub" you virtually guarantee thread contamination with "off topic" material & no place to shift it if things go off topic. It defies the logic that posters/members all have more than one dimension. Liking LB is merely the linking thread, just like any "club" but apart from that the participants have a diverse range of other interests, "Virtual Pub" was one place for that but also the area that required the extra moderators.

Comment

Good post...

Comment

Working...
                            X