X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search

Is it just me or does the search on the forum not work too well? Every time I search over News, Views & Ladyboys over  more than a short period of time I get a server error. When I search over the other smaller forums I usually get no problems.

Stogie are you using the filesystem or mysql for the forum here? If you are using mysql have you looked at the indexes on the the tables? Not being familiar with the implementation of Ikonboard not sure where you should look, but just though I would let you know.

wow, that never happens to me Oz.... I would be curious if it happens to others?

Stogie has been busy and not reading here lately....please send him a PM to let him know about this and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by (ozzie @ Aug. 05 2005,02:19)
      Is it just me or does the search on the forum not work too well? Every time I search over News, Views & Ladyboys over  more than a short period of time I get a server error. When I search over the other smaller forums I usually get no problems.

Stogie are you using the filesystem or mysql for the forum here? If you are using mysql have you looked at the indexes on the the tables? Not being familiar with the implementation of Ikonboard not sure where you should look, but just though I would let you know.
      Happens to me as well, but if you repeat the search several times it normally works

Comment

Same problem for me here this morning,only after repeat several times some going open.
        Bad morning for me today

Comment

Same problem for me here this morning,only after repeat several times some going open.
          Bad morning for me today

Comment

It's not just you guys, I am finding this forum to be very slow lately also

Stogie is on top of it but says there is really not much he can do right now

sorry, hang in there mates

Comment

The forum has been slow recently and that problem has been resolved.

We do NOT use the MySQL for this board although I wish we did! (We use the DBM file system.)

The search feature is dreadful and I have long since abandoned using it to navigate around the message board.

Many people will experience 'time outs' using the search feature and when the server is slow. I experience it myself often when I am doing forum maintenance tasks.

Comment

Working...
              X