Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bali seafood

Question time:

I have seen "Bali Seafood" mentioned a few times here as a LB hangout.

Is this a description of a restaurant, or the actual name?

Is it an after hours or before hours hangout?

Place they go when not working?

It is not one and the same as Leelaawade Seafood, right?

If so, that place IS a scene!

Well, I just used my brain and decided to google it.

My guess is that the place is:

Bali Seafood & Pavillion Brew Arena
    76/11 Ratchadapisak Soi 6, Ratchadapisak Road, Huay Khwang, Tel: 02-643 8662, Fax: 02-643 8662, Credit Cards accepted, Open: 5pm, Music from: 7pm

I have been to Pavillion - its a mega-brewery, but not for after hours.

Maybe this is the seafood place outside next to it?

So, I guess the the above questions still apply.

Comment

Thats the address

Ratchada soi 4 (Soi Cee) and Soi 6 (Soi Hok), are very popular Thai hangouts. there are probably 30 bars+discos in the area. After 1am closing lots of people hang around to eat and drink in the area. Bali Seafood is one of the larger places.

Often the LB from Nana will head over there around 1:30am - not always buy often enough.

Its a good place for Hunting, but its not a sure thing. First there might not be anyone there and second its not a go-go bar - you'll have to try and charm them with your Thai poetry and your farang Wallet.
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Aug. 03 2005,15:22)
        Thats the address

Ratchada soi 4 (Soi Cee) and Soi 6 (Soi Hok), are very popular Thai hangouts. there are probably 30 bars+discos in the area. After 1am closing lots of people hang around to eat and drink in the area. Bali Seafood is one of the larger places.

Often the LB from Nana will head over there around 1:30am - not always buy often enough.

Its a good place for Hunting, but its not a sure thing. First there might not be anyone there and second its not a go-go bar - you'll have to try and charm them with your Thai poetry and your farang Wallet.
        I've been to Soi 6 late night.  Hell, maybe I was in the damn place and did not even know it.

Thanks, Snick.

How 'bout Thai songs, a Thai wallet (broke), but NOT a Thai cock?      

Will that do it?  

Comment

I personally LOVE Bali seafood; I met my favorite sweetie there and I always go there with my buddy Mike because we are both insomniacs and stay up late. However, I have only been on weekends and have no idea how it looks sunday-wednesday, could be dead.

As Snick said, this isn't a go-go bar but the pick-ups are still easy; just walk to the bathroom anytime.  You will feel like a rock star with all the Thai girls [and ladyboys, usually 50 or more on weekends] staring at you and taking them home is as easy as saying "Hi". I saw my friend Fah on a trip to the bathroom once; she says "Hi JaiDee, what are you doing?" and led me to a table filled with 8 girls from Cascades all eating and drinking and having fun; stayed with them until 4, better than watching late-nite TV.

I will post more about this in a new thread; for sure check it out if you are ever up late, but be aware you have to try several taxi's to find one that will go to this place after 1AM; it is extremely packed over in that area and taxi drivers don't like going there.  for 150-200 baht they will take you from Nana with the meter off.

Comment

how do you get there from Nana?

Comment

Bali Seafood. Little known secret I am sharing with you lads;
              take advantage of it! At the exit from Hollywood disco and also
              about a 300 meter walk from Soi Cee on Ratchada is the Bali
              Seafood. This place doesn't even open until around midnight and you
              can still get food and beer until sunrise, and it's always packed
              between thursday and saturday with about 1000 people; it's a huge
              indoor/outdoor place. Great place to meet girls or ladyboys, they
              all come here from Nana Plaza and Patpong and Soi Cee for some late-
              night food and flirting. If you go there count on being one of only
              a handful of westerners; this is a VERY locals-only place and as a
              westerner you will stand out, again a good thing. expect to get
              stared at and hit on frequently; if you like feeling like a rock
              star you will like it here. downside; none.

Comment

Above info provided courtesy of Jai Dee from another thread on the same subject.

Thanks Jai Dee, its always good to know about some alternative hunting grounds

Comment

Originally posted by (Mr Bartman @ Aug. 04 2005,05:31)
                  how do you get there from Nana?
                  best bet is to hop in a taxi and bribe him.....as soon as you say "Soi Cee Ratchada" he will shake his head no.  That place is notorious for traffic jams from about 10PM until 4AM on weekends;  hand the guy 200 baht and he will take you there with the meter off. It's 120 with the meter on and the extra 2 bucks is worth it just for him to say yes.

take a piss before you get in; you WILL be sitting in traffic

Comment

I agree that this is a good place to hangout late at night. However the times I have been there I have always seen some violence, always between Thais, and out in the soi rather than in Bali itself. I would just stress that you be polite there, keep a smile on your face and dont throw your weight around or act like the big I am. If any Thai guys are giving you dodgy looks, just smile and walk away.

A couple of months ago I was waiting for a taxi on Ratchada a bit further up from the entrance with Soi 6 when I heard a couple of bangs. First instinct was it was a car backfiring, but then I saw everyone running from the area around the soi entrance, then a the police went over (well strolled over). Could well have been some idiot firing a gun. Half a dozen guys started fighting in the middle of Ratchada then.

At the weekend two farangs (well one was from Butan actually) left there on a bike. They stopped at the traffic lights at the junction, next to Fortune Hotel, when a couple of bikes with Thai guys pulled up and attacked the pillion passenger. He was stabbed and died a day or so later (it sounds like this was made worse through the lack of action by the police and ambulance services). Apparently it is not the first time random acts of violence have occured. The guy had never seen them before and as far as he was aware had not pissed anyone off that night.

Sorry, this post is pretty negative. I have been there a few times and always felt relaxed and safe. I would just say that you should keep your wits about you and at the first sign of any trouble get out of the way.

Comment

I've always managed to avoid trouble (well almost always), by leaving at the first sign.
                      If I think things are going to get bad, I just pack up and leave - its also a good opportunity to ask someone to leave with you.

Things to look for:
                      Large group of guys (and only guys) drinking themselves silly and posturing
                      When a group of Thais moves from one area to another to avoid trouble
                      Late at night when a large group comes in from nowhere
                      When someone very drunk comes up to your group and starts budding in.

As I said, I just leave at the first warning sign and it has served me well.

This isn't a common occurence, but it does happen.
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Yep, Bali Seafood is pretty cool. That is where Jai Dee stole the potential love of a certain ladyboy with braces from me...

Hehehe.

Comment

you know the ol' saying, Pop.... you snooze you lose!

good to see you back up here; I had fun that night, lets do it again

Comment

Originally posted by (JaiDee @ Aug. 04 2005,20:02)
                            you know the ol' saying, Pop.... you snooze you lose!

good to see you back up here; I had fun that night, lets do it again
                            Ya... you definitely made out well that night... Look forward to doing it again when you come back home.

Comment

Working...
                            X