X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bar that never was

Some of you may remember myself and others reporting that there would be a 5th Ladyboy bar opening in Nana.

Well I asked around and the story is that it opened a few weeks ago AND CLOSED TWO DAYS LATER. Sure enough, I checked out the location and there was a closed bar ('Secrets' I think) and a sign in Thai posted on the door.

Oh Well...guess we'll have to settle for 4 LB bars.

Snick
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

I bet it will be 3 soon.... Temptations will never last IMO

at least Obsessions [with a new makeover], Casa and the best ladyboy bar in the world, Cascades, are still happening

Comment

How can it close just 2 days later? Did the rent cheque bounce?

Comment

I think Bam hit the nail on the head..

BK

Comment

Originally posted by (JaiDee @ July 30 2005,00:10)
          I bet it will be 3 soon.... Temptations will never last  IMO

at least Obsessions [with a new makeover], Casa and the best ladyboy bar in the world, Cascades, are still happening
          Hmm, I dunno about that... Temptations has quite a few hotties.. I think it will be fine....

..Perhaps I am biased?

Comment

only because I hear it is too small and people [at least me] hate claustrophobic places like that

besides, does Nana really NEED 4 ladyboy bars? the other 3 are empty now half the time as it is

I would say one of the 4 willl be gone within a year, just my guess

Comment

I Think Temptations will last, the owner is a Farang and he is only doing it for the money. And I hear it's making money !

Comment

Ya, I see your point JaiDee... 4 IS a lot for one complex.. Why cant one open on Soi Cowboy instead? But I do think Temptations WILL make it. Everytime (ok, except once) I have had a really good time there, and from what I can tell the other customers are too.

There are some definite hotties there, and Fon the (second) mamasan is just the coolest lb ever.

Comment

I think Nana is now THE LB center of the Universe.
                  Even the LB who work Patpong come over to Nana at 1am, and the LB freelancers around Patpong seem to have disapeared.

If I were going to open a LB bar (and thats a scary thought) I would open in Nana.

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Aug. 05 2005,22:34)
                    I think Nana is now THE LB center of the Universe.
                    cool, and here I am only about 9,762 miles away from there

you rubbing it in?

Comment

If there is room for three quiet ladyboy bars then there is room for four!

Thankfully I don't have to go in any of them. Watching them walk to work from Big Dogs is about as close as I want to get.

I'll wait for one that caters to farangs - these shit-pits don't.

Comment

Secrets, the 5th ladyboy bar, is next to Angelwitch and has been bought by the same bar so that it can expand. They are going to knock through into it, build new toilets and changing rooms and have extra seating. I can imagine Angelwitch would have been quite desperate to buy there as they are always packed out and desperately needed more space.

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Aug. 06 2005,10:48)
                          I'll wait for one that caters to farangs - these shit-pits don't.
                          there is only one, it's called Cocktails and Dreams in Phuket

I agree these places are a pain in the ass, too loud, annoying and the girls swarm like sharks

Big Dogs IS better, but the ladyboys unfortunately hang in their go-go bars

Comment

This from Bangkok Eyes:

At the beginning of the new Millennium and following through to today, these trends at Nana Plaza have continued, both with regards the increase in transgenderite employees and Japanese/Asian customers. Before we go any further, however, it would be facile to attempt to connect the dots and conclude that the Japanese are going for the katoey transgenderites - they are not, for the most part. Nana Plaza now has four 'katoey bars'; the original Casanova, the Obsessions, then more recently the Cascade, and only a little over a month ago, Temptations went transgenderite when the new owners took over. That's just about eleven percent of the bars at NEP - considerably higher than any of the other expat Night Entertainment Areas - these statistics unarguably portray the demographic shift toward transgenderite sex workers (and we haven't even included the other transgenderites working in lesser numbers in virtually all the other bars).
                            When she walks, she’s like a samba
                            That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

Originally posted by (gunslinger @ Aug. 08 2005,11:27)
                              This from Bangkok Eyes:

At the beginning of the new Millennium and following through to today, these trends at Nana Plaza have continued, both with regards the increase in transgenderite employees and Japanese/Asian customers.   Before we go any further, however, it would be facile to attempt to connect the dots and conclude that the Japanese are going for the katoey transgenderites - they are not, for the most part.   Nana Plaza now has four 'katoey bars'; the original Casanova, the Obsessions, then more recently the Cascade, and only a little over a month ago, Temptations went transgenderite when the new owners took over.   That's just about eleven percent of the bars at NEP - considerably higher than any of the other expat Night Entertainment Areas - these statistics unarguably portray the demographic shift toward transgenderite sex workers (and we haven't even included the other transgenderites working in lesser numbers in virtually all the other bars).
                              Holy Shit!!!

Are "WE" becoming mainstream?

RM
                              ain't life grand

Comment

Working...
                              X